Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Best acapella group
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

ngaisteve1

Malaysia
241 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2003 :  00:48:31  Show Profile  Send ngaisteve1 an ICQ Message
You shared that you started to sing when you are 5th grade. I just want to ask How do you grow in your singing? You have a vocal coach or you learn by yourself or you attending singing class. I like singing a lot but I don't think my singing skills has evolved thru the years because I just most of the time sing for fun, for enjoyment not really discipline myself or going to classes. Of course at that time, finance is also a problem. But, now, I'm working already and I think I can invest some amount of money into my hobby and I believe by improving in my singing also, I can serve the church in this area. I brought some singing book and only recently read it back and the exitement arose once again.

Yeah, you must heard about Flying Pickets. What makes this group one of the best?

Edited by - ngaisteve1 on 19 December 2003 00:50:27
Go to Top of Page

davemaxwell
Access 2000 Support Moderator

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2003 :  08:59:23  Show Profile  Visit davemaxwell's Homepage  Send davemaxwell an AOL message  Send davemaxwell an ICQ Message  Send davemaxwell a Yahoo! Message
actually never heard of flying pickets. I'll have to go search them out.

As for my training: I had a good director in high school who allowed us to really enjoy singing, then when I went to college had a wonderful director who also was my vocal coach for three years. I learned most of what I apply and teach to others from him. I've also picked up a number of things through the coaches my chorus applies.

If you can afford it, I would definitely recommend singing lessons if you really want to improve your craft. If you can't afford private instruction, check with the local colleges and see if there are opportunities(group singing classes, etc) there you can use. Most times you can find someone who would meet your needs.

Dave Maxwell
Barbershop Harmony Freak
Go to Top of Page

ngaisteve1

Malaysia
241 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2003 :  20:52:15  Show Profile  Send ngaisteve1 an ICQ Message
I guess I will start to search for good vocal class to attend start from somewhere next year. Yeah, if you don't mind because I think I have asking a lot of questions here. I want ask a little about falsetto. I believe you must know Bee Gees. They are popular with their powerful falsetto. And I also realize that the main vocal (don't really know his name) has a very clear falsetto. My question is how can we train our falsetto to be that clear. I mean most of us can hit falsetto but most of us doesn't have a clear falsetto. Is that a gift (not everyone has it) or can be trained?

Another question is opera singing. I got much influence about opera singing from our church song leader. He likes Josh Groban. Normally these type of singer 'roughen' their voice. Why they 'roughen' voice? Is it by doing so, we can singer higher note and louder and sound better?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07