United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2001 :  16:49:03  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2001 :  16:50:34  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
well... so when you edit the properties of hte forum... you get the options for "Archive" arround/above/below the members list (NOTE: I'm also including the moderator administration in there soon).

Reinsnitz (Mike)
><)))'> Need a Mod?
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,..." Matthew 28:19a
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2001 :  17:11:32  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
ok, got ya, thought you meant when a user replied, couldn't quite see the connection, been with clients too long today, it's affected my thinking.

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2001 :  17:13:09  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
what do you think of that idea?

Reinsnitz (Mike)
><)))'> Need a Mod?
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,..." Matthew 28:19a
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2001 :  17:15:47  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
sounds very logical, especially since I was going to add a don't archive me option to topics aswell

Go to Top of Page

mark
Starting Member

46 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2001 :  05:45:34  Show Profile  Send mark an ICQ Message
The script is some what running but when i select the archiever setup this i what i saw.
What should i Do PLs help.

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: '[string: "Provider=Microsoft.J"]'

/glenn/admin_forums.asp, line 57

This is the line 57
<% if strDBType = "access" and not Instr(strConnString,"DBQ=",1) > 0 then

im the king of the world
Go to Top of Page

Mang
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2001 :  11:36:34  Show Profile
I am able to archive just fine, but am I missing a link or something that allows you to go back and read old posts?

Thanks

Go to Top of Page

RedLeader

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2001 :  14:18:48  Show Profile  Visit RedLeader's Homepage  Send RedLeader an AOL message
When a forum(s) are archived? Are the totals in FORUM_TOTALS reduced to show the currect unarchived amount of topics and posts or does it still reflect completed(Archived and Unarchived) totals?

Go to Top of Page

Giapai

92 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2001 :  18:07:22  Show Profile  Visit Giapai's Homepage  Send Giapai an ICQ Message
ok as i said before in other messages i have changed my haircolour to blonde and i really have no idea how to get it straight how to install this thing and excatly what and where i should download things. yeah yeah i know am really blonde lol
but pretty please can some one straighten this out for me?what i actulay only need to do is be able to delete all messages from one user cause of spammers
thanks u allready at least for time to read this

Edited by - Giapai on 20 April 2001 18:08:35
Go to Top of Page

swatijain
Starting Member

48 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2001 :  20:44:48  Show Profile
New Error while trying to use the mod...

Using SQL Server 7.0

CREATE TABLE FORUM_ARCHIVE_TOPICS( ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , TOPIC_ID#int#NULL NOT NULL , CAT_ID#int#NULL# NOT NULL , T_STATUS#int#NULL# NOT NULL , FORUM_ID#int#NULL# NOT NULL , T_MAIL#int#NULL# NOT NULL , T_SUBJECT#varchar (50)#NULL# NOT NULL , T_MESSAGE#memo#NULL# NOT NULL , T_AUTHOR#int#NULL# NOT NULL , T_REPLIES#int#NULL# NOT NULL , T_VIEW_COUNT#int#NULL# NOT NULL , T_LAST_POST#varchar(20)#NULL# NOT NULL , T_DATE#varchar(20)#NULL# NOT NULL , T_LAST_POSTER#int#NULL# NOT NULL , T_IP#varchar(20)#NULL# NOT NULL , T_LAST_POST_AUTHOR#int#NULL# NOT NULL )
-2147217900 | The definition for column 'TOPIC_ID#int#NULL' must include a data type.
CREATE TABLE FORUM_ARCHIVE_REPLY( ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , CAT_ID#int#NULL# NOT NULL , FORUM_ID#int#NULL# NOT NULL , TOPIC_ID#int#NULL# NOT NULL , REPLY_ID#int#NULL# NOT NULL , R_AUTHOR#int#NULL# NOT NULL , R_MESSAGE#memo#NULL# NOT NULL , R_DATE#varchar(20)#NULL# NOT NULL , R_IP#varchar(20)#NULL# NOT NULL , R_MAIL#int#NULL# NOT NULL , R_MAIL#int#NULL# NOT NULL , R_MAIL#int#NULL# NOT NULL , R_MAIL#int#NULL# NOT NULL , R_MAIL#int#NULL# NOT NULL , R_MAIL#int#NULL# NOT NULL , R_MAIL#int#NULL# NOT NULL )
-2147217900 | The definition for column 'CAT_ID#int#NULL#' must include a data type.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adding Column...
ALTER TABLE FORUM_FORUM ADD ADD#L_ARCHIVE#varchar(20)#NULL# NOT NULL
-2147217900 | The definition for column 'ADD#L_ARCHIVE#varchar' must include a data type.
Table(s) updated

Edited by - swatijain on 29 April 2001 20:45:09
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2001 :  21:09:51  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
You have an old version of mod_dbsetup.asp, you should be able to download a newer one here, just do a search.

Please Note, there are still bugs in this code, it is not advised to use it in a live site, the next version of the forum will include a much improved version of the archiving code.

Go to Top of Page

swatijain
Starting Member

48 Posts

Posted - 29 April 2001 :  22:04:50  Show Profile
I guess while installing one of the older mod's it got updated...

Anyhow, thank you. After that error my forum has been receiving that 'your database needs to be upgraded' blue screen...tried upgrading it 3 times, successful each time. Don't know what's up with that. I tried entering the wrong password and username the 4th time...and it seemed to give the successful message. I am sure this is not the topic...or forum to discuss this...sorry.

Go to Top of Page

Raichelle

370 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2001 :  17:27:52  Show Profile
i think i should not have added this mod to my forum since no one replied to it for over 2 months so don't know if i can get any help
but i just add it to my forum and now my default.asp giving me error and i can't get in my forum so can someone please help me
i can send my default.asp file to you so that you can figure out what i did wrong

thanks..
rai

nevermind i think it was the way i copied it off the forum and paste it because all the codes where joined up and could have been because of this

end ifrsArchive.close

Edited by - raichelle on 16 June 2001 17:53:24
Go to Top of Page

stuF
Average Member

United Kingdom
561 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2001 :  17:53:27  Show Profile  Visit stuF's Homepage
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: '[string: "Provider=Microsoft.J"]'

/cgi-bin/forum/admin_forums.asp, line 57

thats the error i get on admin_forums.asp there are the three links, wth this undernaeth it....
not sure if its ciritical, but still, an errors an error

Go to Top of Page

Raichelle

370 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2001 :  17:57:59  Show Profile
speaking of that
i just saw the same error message too and the same way u describe yours and its on admin_forums.asp
i wonder why
can someone give me a hand on how to get rid of it?

Edited by - raichelle on 16 June 2001 17:59:01
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07