New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Capt_Dunzell

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 23 February 2001 :  09:35:24  Show Profile  Visit Capt_Dunzell's Homepage
After installing the latest update I get this error in the admin_forums.asp page:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: '[string: "Provider=Microsoft.J"]'

/forum/admin_Forums.asp, line 57

This is what is on lines 57-59:

<% if strDBType = "access" and not Instr(strConnString,"DBQ=",1) > 0 then
Response.write "<li><a href=""admin_compactDB.asp"">Compact Database</a>"
end if %>

http://www.dunzellsden.com/forum/
Go to Top of Page

Capt_Dunzell

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2001 :  11:24:35  Show Profile  Visit Capt_Dunzell's Homepage
Any ideas?

Cant get it figured out.

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2001 :  11:51:01  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
change it to this

<% if strDBType = "access" and Instr(19,strConnString,"Jet",1) > 0 then
Response.write "<li><a href=""admin_compactDB.asp"">Compact Database</a>"
end if %>

Go to Top of Page

Capt_Dunzell

USA
160 Posts

Posted - 28 February 2001 :  22:00:20  Show Profile  Visit Capt_Dunzell's Homepage
Fixed, thanks HuwR!

Go to Top of Page

nickpixel
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2001 :  15:48:00  Show Profile  Visit nickpixel's Homepage
is this written for any specific version of snitz? if so, will it work with 3.1 sr4?

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2001 :  16:03:58  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
nick this mod will be included in the 3.2 release of the forum which is coming soon.

Go to Top of Page

nickpixel
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2001 :  12:03:33  Show Profile  Visit nickpixel's Homepage
quote:

nick this mod will be included in the 3.2 release of the forum which is coming soon.

thanks, i'll be looking for it. i only asked because i am currently making mods on the 3.1 sr4 to be used on a site i hope to have completed by april 1. does snitz have a mailing list so i can find out when 3.2 is released? if not, i'll just check back.
Go to Top of Page

Martha2Mary

New Zealand
250 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2001 :  17:15:27  Show Profile  Visit Martha2Mary's Homepage  Send Martha2Mary an AOL message  Send Martha2Mary an ICQ Message  Send Martha2Mary a Yahoo! Message
I am fairly new to Snitz Forums and of course, to installing Mods, but I have managed to get a couple working, but am having probs with this one. Whenever I go to the admin_forums.asp page, this is what I see:

Archive topics from a forum
Delete selected topics from an archive
Delete all topics from a forum
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000d'

Type mismatch: '[string: "DRIVER={Microsoft Ac"]'

/forum/admin_forums.asp, line 57

And then when I try to access the archive.asp page, I get the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'FORUM_ID = AND MEMBER_ID = 4'.

/forum/inc_functions.asp, line 1096

I have edited the default.asp as outlined in the first post of this thread, but these problems still persist.

If you can help me with this, please let me know how to fix it in very basic terms, as I am new to editing asp files

Thanks!

*If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off! *
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2001 :  18:45:04  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
ok, first of all open admin_forums.asp, and change line 57
to this

if strDBType = "access" and Instr(19,strConnString,"Jet",1) > 0 then

Go to Top of Page

Martha2Mary

New Zealand
250 Posts

Posted - 10 March 2001 :  21:09:54  Show Profile  Visit Martha2Mary's Homepage  Send Martha2Mary an AOL message  Send Martha2Mary an ICQ Message  Send Martha2Mary a Yahoo! Message
Okay - thanks for that! The problem with the admin_forums.asp page is now gone, but the one with the archive.asp page still remains. Also, there is no link to the Archive anywhere actually at my Forums (the only link to anything to do with the Archive is that which points to the admin_forums.asp from the admin_home.asp page). Any further ideas on these probs?

TIA!

Go to Top of Page

Martha2Mary

New Zealand
250 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2001 :  04:56:53  Show Profile  Visit Martha2Mary's Homepage  Send Martha2Mary an AOL message  Send Martha2Mary an ICQ Message  Send Martha2Mary a Yahoo! Message
quote:

And then when I try to access the archive.asp page, I get the following error:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e14'

[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression 'FORUM_ID = AND MEMBER_ID = 4'.

/forum/inc_functions.asp, line 1096

I have edited the default.asp as outlined in the first post of this thread, but these problems still persist.

If you can help me with this, please let me know how to fix it in very basic terms, as I am new to editing asp files

Thanks!

Sorry if I'm being a pain, but I'm sure someone must have the answer to the above problems I have mentioned, as well as the one in my post directly above, where nothing at all shows on my default.asp page that relates to archiving.....no icons, no links, nothing.

Please help

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2001 :  06:43:50  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
martha

Have you actually archived anything ?
You will only get a link in default.asp once you have archived some topics

Go to Top of Page

Martha2Mary

New Zealand
250 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2001 :  15:47:42  Show Profile  Visit Martha2Mary's Homepage  Send Martha2Mary an AOL message  Send Martha2Mary an ICQ Message  Send Martha2Mary a Yahoo! Message
Ohhhh, I see - that is probably what the problem is then! My Forums were only setup for use last week, and I have no topics that are older than a month, so cannot archive them

Once I have archived something, will the little icon beside each Forum and Topic that you can click to actually archive that topic (I have noticed this at other peoples Forums who have Archiving) also show up, or is that another mod?

Thanks for the help!

Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2001 :  16:25:05  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
Yes that's correct, I am also working on some minor modifications to the topic.asp which will display a link to archived replies to the topic, can't give a time scale yet. but before you get round to archiving I'm sure.

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 15 March 2001 :  16:45:30  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
ok... this is dangerouse... but I was thinking again... and why not go ahead and include the "Archive" stuff in the post.asp and process it in post_info.asp when the right box is checked?

Reinsnitz (Mike)
><)))'> Need a Mod?
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,..." Matthew 28:19a
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07