Adding Real Names to the Admin Email list
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

macho

Denmark
150 Posts

Posted - 20 November 2003 :  04:21:08  Show Profile
I wanted to add an extra column to the Admin E-mail list (admin_emaillist.asp) which included the Real Name of a user (if entered by user of course). Here you can see an example:

This is the way I found out how to do it:

First open your admin_emaillist.asp

Find this code (approx. line 64):
strSql = "SELECT M_NAME, M_EMAIL, M_POSTS "

replace the line with this:
strSql = "SELECT M_NAME, M_FIRSTNAME, M_LASTNAME, M_EMAIL, M_POSTS "

---------

Find this code (approx. line 155):
		"                <td bgColor=""" & strHeadCellColor & """><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """>User Name</font></b></td>" & vbNewLine & _

Below that line insert this new line:
		"                <td bgColor=""" & strHeadCellColor & """><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """>Real Name</font></b></td>" & vbNewLine & _

---------

Around line 163 find this line:
			"                <td bgcolor=""" & strForumCellColor & """ colspan=""3""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strForumFontColor & """><b>No Members Found</b></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _

Replace the above line with this:
			"                <td bgcolor=""" & strForumCellColor & """ colspan=""4""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strForumFontColor & """><b>No Members Found</b></font></td>" & vbNewLine & _

---------

Around line 165 find this code:
else
	mM_NAME = 0
	mM_EMAIL = 1
	mM_POSTS = 2

and replace it with this code:
else
	mM_NAME = 0
	mM_FIRSTNAME = 1
	mM_LASTNAME = 2
	mM_EMAIL = 3
	mM_POSTS = 4

---------

Around line 177 find this line:
		Members_MemberName = arrMemberData(mM_NAME, iMember)

Below that code add these two lines:
		Members_MemberFirstname = arrMemberData(mM_FIRSTNAME, iMember)
		Members_MemberLastname = arrMemberData(mM_LASTNAME, iMember)

---------

Finally around line 184 find this line:
				"                <td bgcolor=""" & strForumCellColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strForumFontColor & """>" & Members_MemberName & "</font></td>" & vbNewLine & _

Below that line add this new line:
				"                <td bgcolor=""" & strForumCellColor & """><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strForumFontColor & """>" & Members_MemberFirstname & " " & Members_MemberLastname & "</font></td>" & vbNewLine & _

---------

Hope some of you find this useful

Regards

ateixeira
Starting Member

Brazil
13 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2003 :  05:19:35  Show Profile  Visit ateixeira's Homepage
Ok, I know this request may sound kinda wierd, but since you have made this add to real names, maybe you're the guy that knows what I've been looking for...

I'm trying to install Snitz forum in the website of a school, and I wanted to give each student and unique username so only stiudents can join it.

But the usernames I give them are not exactly what you may call "intuitive" and I bet that "Bob" wouldn't like to be seeing in the forum as "student36".

So, the questio is: do you know a way that I can display the users by theyr REAL name in the posts, and not by theyr usernames?

*sorry about broken english: Brazilian girl over here*

Thanks. :)

Alexandra Teixeira
Macromedia certified Professional
email@shampoo.art.br
http://www.shampoo.art.br/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07