Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Make forum link to another page, Icon Forum Mod??
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2003 :  01:22:44  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
hey there

Is it possibel to make a Forum link to another page, here I'm thinking of :
f.e. Can : http://www.xxx.xx/Forum?FORUM_ID=1 <---- NOT A REAL LINK, DON'T CLICK

Be made to link to a page of my choice, I would like one of my forums to link directly to the Classifieds MOD

May The Code Be With You
www.UniqueDk.dk *** The Open Forums of Denmark ***

Edited by - acoustika on 18 November 2003 12:33:08

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2003 :  02:11:16  Show Profile
Yes, just set one of your forums as a URL Link and point it to the Classifieds MOD.

From your default page click on the that corresponds to the Category where you want to create this URL Link.
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2003 :  03:30:31  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
Ok, thanks (Once again) Richard. Haven't thougt of that *SS*.
I will experiment with it, thoug I would like the forum on tha main page to appear as the other forums, which I don't think it will in this way. But I'll Try and experiment with it *SS*.
The next day or so *SS*

It would be better if I'd have it appera as a normal forum, 'cause else my users my think that it is an "External link" and not something that belongs to MY site, but I'll see what I can do *S*

May The Code Be With You

Edited by - acoustika on 18 November 2003 03:32:17
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2003 :  03:33:56  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
another way, would be If I could customize the single piece of graphic in this specific forum(url)

May The Code Be With You

Edited by - acoustika on 18 November 2003 03:34:12
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2003 :  05:37:32  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
Hmmm, this will NOT work like I want it to.

1: I Don't want the Globe to show for that specific Forum(url)
2: I need to Target the link to a specific Iframe ( maybe I can do this in the classifieds MOD)

May The Code Be With You
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2003 :  12:30:28  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
Maybe someone Would like to make a MOD, where the Admin could set an Icon Individually for each forum, with the Basic ones As default.
That could be a very nice feature to have for the admin.

May The Code Be With You
Go to Top of Page

altisdesign

United Kingdom
357 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2003 :  12:43:51  Show Profile
Does the Pic by forum mod help you ? I'm not sure if it works with web urls though.

Altis Design offers all manner of web design services to a variety of commercial and personal clients
Go to Top of Page

xx ENIGMA xx

166 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2003 :  13:01:15  Show Profile  Send xx ENIGMA xx an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by altisdesign

Does the Pic by forum mod help you ? I'm not sure if it works with web urls though.

I installed the "pic by forum" mod from puzo and it
works well, just hard to find decent pics for all of them

my little forum playground

Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 18 November 2003 :  18:57:10  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
Well I have looked at this MOD and it's too far from want I want, I already have my whole board setup, then I found that the Classifieds MOD was perfect for my Buy/Sell forum, so I just want that forum to look normal, but linking to the Classifieds MOD, the picture by forum Mod, removes the Icons, And THAT I DONT want.
If I could customize the Globe in an URL forum it would work too, but again it would only have to be for tha particular link, as other links would wanna use the Globe Icon.

And If the Pic by forum does not support the URL's then it wouldn't help a all ;-)

May The Code Be With You

Edited by - acoustika on 18 November 2003 18:59:14
Go to Top of Page

acoustika

Denmark
311 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2003 :  19:18:52  Show Profile  Visit acoustika's Homepage  Send acoustika an ICQ Message
Not anyone who could help with this, I think it's a simple little thing if you know what to do ( and I dont *GG)
Couldn't you make a function or something on default.asp that would check this Specific Forum_ID and make it link to the Classifieds page

May The Code Be With You
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07