Page: of 3

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  08:35:06  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by marcelgoertz

offtopic ; true, I often have the feeling that the show off your forums / awards dicussions have 'dried out'..
I wonder why .... maybe the community is 'dying' ...
the same happens at crashsite...not much activity there either..
/offtopic

I think this is in part because of people posting about their forums when they haven't done anything but change the logo and perhaps the colors. Also the use of portals and packages like Crash's has increased. Unfortunately many people don't take the time to customize their forums beyond the colors and logo (especially true for portals/packages where everything's already installed).

This seems to have lead to people ignoring the posts that're made in this forum because they expect to see more of the same.
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  10:57:38  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by Roland

I think this is in part because of people posting about their forums when they haven't done anything but change the logo and perhaps the colors. Also the use of portals and packages like Crash's has increased. Unfortunately many people don't take the time to customize their forums beyond the colors and logo (especially true for portals/packages where everything's already installed).

This seems to have lead to people ignoring the posts that're made in this forum because they expect to see more of the same.

Your probably right. That makes it a little harder on the folks who have taken the time and effort to learn Snitz /asp and built their customized Snitz forums themselves. I know that I have done a basic Snitz forum addition to an older site, I have done a portal/package Snitz forums on a second site and now... I had hung around this site long enough to get the Snitz fever and have taken great pride in my custom built, personally added mods, personally customized graphics, personally tweaked asp and Snitz code, Snitz Forum Site (sorry about the run on sentence) Feedback not only gives you a second wind to get back in and finish those mods but really it is important in keeping the website author on the right track. Sometimes staring at asp for hours on end with nothing but your own thoughts on how things are coming, you can wind up far from where you intended or needed to go.
Roland, I think your right in why folks slow down on reviewing sites but I wish it were not so.
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2003 :  16:32:21  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Only 2 commentors? That's either really good or really bad. I was hoping to get some feedback especially on the bug that marcelgoertz found since I can not replicate it..

Edited by - RebelTech on 17 November 2003 16:34:43
Go to Top of Page

xx ENIGMA xx

166 Posts

Posted - 17 November 2003 :  18:13:36  Show Profile  Send xx ENIGMA xx an AOL message
I thought they look nice and simple, and the no
banner uptop does real well on your layout.

I didnt see the bug effect
except maybe you added a [ br ] below
your sig to make the added space?

my little forum playground

Edited by - xx ENIGMA xx on 17 November 2003 18:15:59
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 19 November 2003 :  15:27:07  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Thanks Enigma for the reply. Getting feedback is like pulling teeth. I must smell bad. Thanks for taking a look into the bug but please don't think the member with the sig in question is me...Those aren't my posts!
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2003 :  16:30:09  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Sorry to keep bothering you good folks but... I just changed the look some more. After seeing some of the really great sites that have been shown off the last few days I tried to get away from that plain basic look. I think I have everything working right but I could use some of you Snitzers trying it out. One problem I don't have solved yet is logging on and off messes up the site integration mod temporarily. So if yall could give me some feedback, I will dance at your next wedding
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 22 November 2003 :  18:53:43  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
Hey, that looks so much better. I like it.

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

MarcelG
Retired Support Moderator

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  04:13:51  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage
Looking good!!! I like it! The new logo is better, and the background is easy for the eyes.
How did you do that 'curved' effect if I may ask ?

portfolio - linkshrinker - oxle - twitter
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  11:58:11  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
As far as I know, he must have put in the following code in his Header Background Colour, and also Category Background Colour:
" background="headbg.gif"
" background="catbg.gif"

I have some of those curved images made for me by Locnar. They are in the Graphics link in my signature, in the Gradients category.

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  14:36:19  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by marcelgoertz

Looking good!!! I like it! The new logo is better, and the background is easy for the eyes.
How did you do that 'curved' effect if I may ask ?

Which curve effect? If you're talking about in table rows, then just as Faizan said. I can show you how to do that easily. If you're talking about along the leftside curving around the top and bottom then those are just images I did in Photoshop. Easy in design just a little detailed trying to get the pixels to match up. All in all, easy to do.
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  15:34:06  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
Clean layout

Brad
Oklahoma City Online Entertainment Guide
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

ThegamefixX
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 28 November 2003 :  21:18:19  Show Profile  Visit ThegamefixX's Homepage
Nicely Done, I like the Blue theme you may want to have the blue line thinner, I know you have the same lines for your Background, so it could be not seen as a part of the background also you left columns are not even the last to columns are closer to the left side.

But well done forum.

::::Got Game?::::
http://www.ThegamefixX.com
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 29 November 2003 :  00:38:25  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Thanks for the comments and feedback. Let me ask you a few questions if you don't mind

quote:
Originally posted by ThegamefixX

you may want to have the blue line thinner, I know you have the same lines for your Background, so it could be not seen as a part of the background

I am not sure which line or lines you are talking about. The background lines?

quote:
Originally posted by ThegamefixX

you left columns are not even the last to columns are closer to the left side.

Those are a couple of javascripts but I think I know what I need to do to even all that up. Also I think the reason they appear to be off is that you may have your font size in your browser set larger. I have noticed that when you use a larger font size they mess up. I do need to fix that so it looks right in as many browsers as possible.
Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2003 :  03:55:20  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Is this banner any better than the "dripping" one? I am still stuck as far as a "logo" goes....
Go to Top of Page

MarcelG
Retired Support Moderator

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 03 December 2003 :  06:19:56  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage
Yep! I like this one better! Suggestion ; try www.shice.de ; they've got loads of fonts that can be very usefull for creating a logo! I always use the WordArt feature of Word to create logo's.

portfolio - linkshrinker - oxle - twitter
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07