Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2003 :  05:19:29  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
This site is brand new and it looks different than anything I have done. I have cut up the header pretty good and it feels weird to have a site with no graphics or banner across the top. Let me know what you think and please check everything out. The public has not hit it yet. I just added a redirect from the root. If you hate it, chew on it for a few minutes and see if it grows on you. I know it still feels strange to me.

http://www.spinbusters.com

username/password = test/test

MarcelG
Retired Support Moderator

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2003 :  05:46:34  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage
I see what you mean...I think that because some parts still look very much 'standard snitz' you expect to find the other links/area's on the default places, but they are all in the sidebar.
I like it, its different, and that's a good thing!

small 'bug'-> the new topic icon is still snitz default, while the topic buttons are all modified (orange/bleu)
http://www.spinbusters.com/forum/imgs/icon_folder_new.gif is new while http://www.spinbusters.com/forum/imgs/icon_folder_new_topic.gif and http://www.spinbusters.com/forum/imgs/icon_folder_open.gif are the default images.

Quick question ; where is the value coming from in this sentence:
quote:
78,089 people felt smarter after visiting this site.

What I find very striking is the similarity in 'goal' of spinbusters compared to my new site oxle!

portfolio - linkshrinker - oxle - twitter

Edited by - MarcelG on 11 November 2003 05:48:40
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2003 :  06:03:05  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Thanks marcelgoertz for the comments. I have not been able to make decent looking replacement icons.

The value you asked about is just a formatted random number. The text afterwards is an include that can be changed easily.
If you like it you can find it here: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48535
Go to Top of Page

MarcelG

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2003 :  06:48:47  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage
thanks for that snippet! It's funny!

Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2003 :  08:09:24  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Ok, I redid some of the icons. Snitz default icons are very crisp and hard to beat sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  02:07:15  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
Now all the seperation lines have been removed and external pages modified to be consistent. So how does it look?
Go to Top of Page

MarcelG

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  04:15:10  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage
nice!!! I like the icons you picked, they're really different than the ones often used!
It looks clear, crispy and nice for the eyes!
Nice work!

Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  10:56:33  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by marcelgoertz

nice!!! I like the icons you picked, they're really different than the ones often used!
It looks clear, crispy and nice for the eyes!
Nice work!

Thank you! I was starting to get a complex with the lack of response.
Go to Top of Page

MarcelG

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  12:00:07  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage
offtopic ; true, I often have the feeling that the show off your forums / awards dicussions have 'dried out'..
I wonder why .... maybe the community is 'dying' ...
the same happens at crashsite...not much activity there either..
/offtopic

Go to Top of Page

Cailean

Canada
75 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  13:12:18  Show Profile
An interesting layout... one would be hard-pressed to ID it right away as a Snitz Forum! Great work.
Funny how a blue colour theme is so popular... classy and easy on the eyes...
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  14:02:56  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
I get tired of the blue sometimes also. I had a hard time making anything else look like I wanted and white backs are always the easiest to work with. Thanks Calean for the comments and checking it out.
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 13 November 2003 :  14:05:00  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by marcelgoertz

offtopic ; true, I often have the feeling that the show off your forums / awards dicussions have 'dried out'..
I wonder why .... maybe the community is 'dying' ...
the same happens at crashsite...not much activity there either..
/offtopic

I thought it was just me. They saw my name and avoided it like the plague
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  06:08:20  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
ok, completed some more icons. They are not that good but they seem to add to the custon feel even though they are only modified originals. How bad do they look? Do the icons add or subtract from the look?
Go to Top of Page

MarcelG

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  06:31:02  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage
they look nice. They fit in with the rest, and indeed make it even more custom than it already was.
What you also could try is to change the forum navigation.
Now it is like this:

All Forums
Culture
Education
Ignorant Parents

You could also do it like this:

All Forums > Culture > Education > Ignorant Parents

In that way it takes up less space, and adds to the custom feel.
I am also thinking of doing that, but I am not sure how to proceed...

Go to Top of Page

MarcelG

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  06:32:49  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage
'bug' found ;
see : http://www.spinbusters.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37#63
The signature is 'glued' to the top of the message, instead of the bottom of the messagebox.
You can fix this by setting the td height of the messagebox to a static value instead of a percentage. I use '120' instead of '100%'...it depends on your settings.

Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 14 November 2003 :  07:00:15  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
marcelgoertz,

I have to say thanks for all your input. I like your idea about the navigation. As for the sig bug, I can't see it. It looks normal here. I will play with different browsers and settings to see if I can duplicate it. If any one else could report on this bug I would appreciate it. The more info on it, the easier to find the problem...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07