Help: MOD Implementation
 Hyperlink page selection
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rrok007

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 09 November 2003 :  22:40:29  Show Profile  Send Rrok007 an AOL message  Send Rrok007 a Yahoo! Message
I've installed the exchange dropdown for the forum.asp, that replaces the drop down box with links to the other pages listing topics in the forum... I'd like to do the same for my topic.asp ... I'd like to replace the "next page" and "previous page" links with page numbers, and eliminate the drop down box. I tried simply installing the mod to the topic.asp like for the forum.asp file.... only it doesn't seem to work as well as intended.... anyone have ideas on how to do this right?

Believe disbelief and contemplate the simple.

Rrok007

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2003 :  18:23:34  Show Profile  Send Rrok007 an AOL message  Send Rrok007 a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone even have a clue on this?

Go to Top of Page

Rrok007

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 15 November 2003 :  02:44:43  Show Profile  Send Rrok007 an AOL message  Send Rrok007 a Yahoo! Message
If no one knows how to swap the drop down box for a hyperlink page count, can I at least find out how to disable the dropdown box so that all there is are the Previous Page | Next PAge links?

Go to Top of Page

Rrok007

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2003 :  16:33:12  Show Profile  Send Rrok007 an AOL message  Send Rrok007 a Yahoo! Message
Does anyone have any clue on this one at all?

Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2003 :  16:57:06  Show Profile
Easiest way to remove the dropdown would be to comment out the calls to the DropDownPaging() function in topic.asp, there are 3 of these.

If you look at the code for the DropDownPaging() function you may be able to modify it to use links as you origianlly requested.

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

Rrok007

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 26 November 2003 :  12:01:40  Show Profile  Send Rrok007 an AOL message  Send Rrok007 a Yahoo! Message
Well I did that... but it seems to have adjusted the formatting of the page? Now the first cell with the author's name takes like 2/3's of the screen and the actual post is squeezed into a cell that's like 1/3 of the screen....?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07