Help: MOD Implementation
 admin level mod
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pokemon

151 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2003 :  17:15:03  Show Profile
After installed admin level mod. I'm as a forum admin and now have no access to admin option. I went to edit my profile and don't see anything option to allow super admin or something like that. Is anyone has the same problem. Please tell me. thanks

I thought first time installed admin level and every admin should have access to admin option, unless super admin edits their profile. How do i gain back my super admin?

richfed
Average Member

United States
999 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2003 :  18:34:52  Show Profile  Visit richfed's Homepage
That was a problem with that mod - If memory serves correctly, you'll need to manually edit your database to get it to work properly. There is a thread about this somewhere - probably back close to a year ago.

Rich
[size=1]A Complete Idiot's Guide to MOD Implementation || On the Trail of the Last of the Mohicans[/size=1]
Go to Top of Page

StephenD

Australia
1044 Posts

Posted - 07 November 2003 :  22:30:56  Show Profile  Send StephenD a Yahoo! Message
I had this problem when I was upgrading to SQL and had no easy way to access the DB through my ISP. I uploaded the file 'mod_dbsetup.asp' from the previous version of Snitz then used the following script:

Admin Level MOD FIX (Default)
[ALTER]
MEMBERS
ADD#M_ALEVEL#int#NULL#3
[END]
[UPDATE]
MEMBERS
M_ALEVEL#1#M_LEVEL=3
[END]

saved as a .dbs file. Uploaded it and accessed mod_dbsetup.asp directly in my browser. Ran the mod and I was able to get back in to Admin options. Remember to delete both files off your web server when finished. Quick and dirty way of fixing it probably.
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 08 November 2003 :  02:17:52  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
I saw this in another thread. I just looked for the thread and could not find it.
But, here is what I did. I needed to change my admin user name.

open config.asp
find this line:

Const intAdminMemberID = 1

Change the number in red to another one of your user accounts. In my case, I had set myself up another user account and it's id number was 14 so I changed the above number in red to 14. Now my new account was super admin. I then edited the original super admin, account id 1, to reflect the changes I wanted to make. Finally, re-edited config.asp and returned the super admin to id #1. Worked like a charm.

Sorry, if this does not read well I have been up way to many hours. But, if you have any questions about what I tried to post just ask.

Edited by - RebelTech on 08 November 2003 02:18:23
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07