Show-Off Your Forums
 Comments Welcome...
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

soxc

53 Posts

Posted - 05 November 2003 :  22:37:21  Show Profile
I have had this forum running for a few years now but just recently started modding it (I was waiting for a new release of Snitz).

The first thing that I have to say is that the new design is very similar to DavidRhodes UK MkIZs site. My original site was similar but was not integrated with the forum code. When I first started I wrote my own user db (with profile stuff,) this was also tied to a parts directory etc. Once we got Snitz up and running people just would use the forum and not bother with the dual login. I think that David has one of the best Snitz sites that I have seen.

Link:
http://www.soxc.org/

I have a few mods that are available once you register but without them you will still get the idea.

If you want to login:

user: snitztest
pswd: snitztest

Edit to add: I show the list of active users as a title tag on the link to "Active Users" (saves space)

Edited by - soxc on 06 November 2003 12:30:55

Rasco
Advanced Member

Germany
3192 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2003 :  12:43:26  Show Profile  Send Rasco an ICQ Message
One thing with you drop-down menus. They are half-transparent and when moving the mouse over the parent link (i.e. Forum) you could hardly read the links underneath (i.e. double Active Topics).

German Snitz Forum
Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2003 :  12:50:30  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
Rasco is right. Perhaps change the text color to a darker color on mouse out.
I like the transparent effect. I noticed that you are using cooolmenus; did you add the filter alpha in the CSS to create the effect or another method?

Also, something that is heard often, change out the default icons to something in line with site. Perhaps the site logo or little trucks.
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2003 :  15:12:04  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
Nice nice. I like the simplicity.

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

soxc

53 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2003 :  16:57:32  Show Profile
Thanks for the feedback.
I have been playing with the menu code to make it look cool and still be functional. I really like the transparent effect since it looks different. In the end solid colors might be a better UI.

quote:
Originally posted by snaayk

I noticed that you are using cooolmenus; did you add the filter alpha in the CSS to create the effect or another method?

Also, something that is heard often, change out the default icons to something in line with site. Perhaps the site logo or little trucks.

I did use coolmenus (v4) and the effect is created with CSS. I would be happy to send you the code if interested.

I also have changed a few of the icons to an XP theme. I'm not much of a graphics person so just used screen shots to make the ones that I did. I like the idea of trucks

quote:
Originally posted by FaizenNice nice. I like the simplicity.

I have been trying to make it very clean. Reason for the small header at top. I want the content to pop more than the site.

Go to Top of Page

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 06 November 2003 :  17:35:46  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by soxc

Thanks for the feedback.
I have been playing with the menu code to make it look cool and still be functional. I really like the transparent effect since it looks different. In the end solid colors might be a better UI.

I would keep the transparent look. Perhaps make the text a darker/brighter color to better stand out against the background.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07