Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

efourie

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2001 :  01:00:21  Show Profile
I have written a small piece of code and added it to the Members.asp page to hide the page from members not logged on. I did not want non-members to browse my member list.

Simply include the following code after <!-- include lines at the top of the members.asp page.
<%
if strDBNTUserName = "" then
doNotLoggedInForm
end if
%>

It works for me, please let me know if anyone has problems with it.

Thanks
Eddie

rick7165

USA
1094 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2001 :  01:22:36  Show Profile  Visit rick7165's Homepage
Works Great! Thanks

Test Site
www.eastpasco.com
Running on HuwR's SR4 release. Colors and Graphic scheme done by Richard Kinser.
Go to Top of Page

cheldan
Starting Member

Singapore
15 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2001 :  01:31:16  Show Profile
No problems, working fine.

Thanx for the little mod.

Regards,

Take care.
Go to Top of Page

efourie

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 12 February 2001 :  15:07:53  Show Profile
I have subsequently added this to pop_profile.asp, active_users.asp, since these are backdoors to postings and profiles if not logged on.

Go to Top of Page

wedont

Canada
344 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2001 :  15:22:50  Show Profile
Thanks eddie,

Wedont
snitz ver3.1 sr2
access 2k.
Go to Top of Page

wii
Free ASP Hosts Moderator

Denmark
2632 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2001 :  16:31:06  Show Profile
actually, I did this on several pages, but somehow active.asp won´t work correctly, is there anything I should consider here ?

Go to Top of Page

fredzepplin
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 13 February 2001 :  22:43:17  Show Profile
Why not just do what I do and rename your members.asp to something like memberslist37.asp, or members1238.asp, etc.

Then just take it out of the inc_top.asp listing so that when people click on it they don't just get an error page. Comment it out of inc_top, and the link on the page is gone.

The other part I did was also take out the Search By Members Name section in search.asp.

None of this needs coding, and takes about 2 minutes to do. Then you have your members list that is purely your own and only you can access it. If you have moderators then you can tell them where the members list page is, but that's it.

For myself, I'm the only one that knows, so even the moderators don't have permission to access the members list.

You don't even have to delete anything either in the event that you want to replace it later, just comment it out. ie: <!-- whatever goes here -->

That simple, and works great.

Take care;

JT

Go to Top of Page

efourie

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  16:52:01  Show Profile
wii

I have it working on my active.asp page. Something is wrong. If you would like, I will send you my active.asp page. I have now put this into a inc_security.asp page, and simply include it where I want to use it.

Eddie

Go to Top of Page

efourie

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 14 February 2001 :  17:04:28  Show Profile
Make sure it's included below the inc_top.asp include section, otherwise it will not work.

Thanks
Eddie

Go to Top of Page

wii
Free ASP Hosts Moderator

Denmark
2632 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2001 :  06:11:19  Show Profile
yes, please mail me your active.asp file, so I can see what´s wrong with mine.

thanks

quote:

wii

I have it working on my active.asp page. Something is wrong. If you would like, I will send you my active.asp page. I have now put this into a inc_security.asp page, and simply include it where I want to use it.

Eddie

Go to Top of Page

Rigger82

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2001 :  13:14:53  Show Profile  Visit Rigger82's Homepage  Send Rigger82 an AOL message  Send Rigger82 a Yahoo! Message
I dont know if anyone thought of this but I did it and it works fine...

IN inc_top.asp just look for that link to members.asp (or any link you dont want the general public to access) and fix it up with a simple if then.

<% if Len(strDBNTUserName) > 0 then %>
|
<a href="members.asp"><acronym title="Current members of these forums...">Members</acronym></a>
<% end if %>

Then you dont have to edit all those pages.. just actively disable the links.

---------------------
Mark Christianson
Gulf War Veteran (82nd Airborne Division)
Owner/Operator of www.paratrooper.net
Rigger@paratrooper.net
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2001 :  15:45:21  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
the only issue with that Rigger is that anyone who knows the code at all can just type in members.asp in the URL and get there :) I do it all the time when I go to a board that has the link gone... about 3 out of 4 have just removed the link and left the page in tact as is and fully readable.

Reinsnitz (Mike)
><)))'>
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,..." Matthew 28:19a
Go to Top of Page

Rigger82

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 15 February 2001 :  15:53:33  Show Profile  Visit Rigger82's Homepage  Send Rigger82 an AOL message  Send Rigger82 a Yahoo! Message
Good point. Maybe the two options in conjunction with one another, one hides the link, the other disables or reroutes the page.

One product I am integrating into my site is a user login/registration and security system called Spooky Login. Once integrated a simple include at the top of the page fixes this whole issue.

Just time consuming getting things sync'd up after going this long with separate systems.

Oh well.. thats a story for another topic.

Thanks.

---------------------
Mark Christianson
Gulf War Veteran (82nd Airborne Division)
Owner/Operator of www.paratrooper.net
Rigger@paratrooper.net
Go to Top of Page

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2001 :  18:07:30  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
Hi,
I've implemented the code into pop_profile.asp, but reciev this message when trying to open "profile"
========
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01a8'

Object required: ''

/forum/inc_footer.asp, line 77
==============
and further more - when trying to enter the "members" I get the message that I'm not logged in. But I am - sa admin!
I need some help!
Cheers / Tomas

!-Keep distance in trafik-!
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2001 :  07:29:17  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
mail me your profile files, I will take a quick look

Go to Top of Page

tomasalsbro
Average Member

Sweden
818 Posts

Posted - 21 April 2001 :  02:59:35  Show Profile  Visit tomasalsbro's Homepage
quote:

the only issue with that Rigger is that anyone who knows the code at all can just type in members.asp in the URL and get there :) I do it all the time when I go to a board that has the link gone... about 3 out of 4 have just removed the link and left the page in tact as is and fully readable.

Reinsnitz (Mike)
><)))'>
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations,..." Matthew 28:19a

Hi Mike,
is it possible to create a separate login for members.asp? When anyone try to open up the way you describe above they should have to login.
Cheers/ Tomas

!-Keep distance in trafik-!
www.whiplash.pp.se
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07