New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

EvilRick
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2003 :  23:18:13  Show Profile  Visit EvilRick's Homepage
. . . after a certain amount of posts.

I'd like to know if anybody has or knows of the code that I can use so that when a member reaches a certain number of posts they can add an avatar. And also, if they reach a certain number of posts they can change their own Title.

I'm sure it has something to do with
if mlev =
but I have NO idea where the code would go. I was thinking maybe "inc_profile.asp", but am not really sure.

TIA

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2003 :  23:20:40  Show Profile
Not mlev, you're looking for the postcount variable (whatever that happens to be). Editting titles would be a bit harder, but reaching a certain postcount before displaying an avatar should be a lot simpler.
Go to Top of Page

EvilRick
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2003 :  23:26:09  Show Profile  Visit EvilRick's Homepage
I figured it would be mlev because you set those variables under Ranking Configuration. Therefore, when you reached a certain mlev, then you could make the changes. I have mlev 5 at 3K posts, at that point, I would like members to be able to change their own title w/o having to ask me.

To get an avatar, I would like that set to 50 posts, or mlev 1 on my site.

EDIT - I think the code would have to be in the "pop_profile.asp". I'm thinking a new field would have to be added to db so that it showed up after a certain mlev. Although, I have noticed that only Administrators can Modify User Profile, so . . .

Edited by - EvilRick on 16 October 2003 23:31:01
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2003 :  23:28:17  Show Profile
mlev determines whether the user is an admin, moderator, normal user, or author of the post. mlev isn't associated with the post count afaik.

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page

EvilRick
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2003 :  23:33:15  Show Profile  Visit EvilRick's Homepage
Rank Level then?

What's the "mlev" for Rank?

EDIT - I didn't ask that correctly, what's the variable for Rank, is it [colde]intRankLevel =[/code]

I'd have a statement like:

if intRankLevel = >0 <- This would be for an avatar

if intRankLevle = 5 <- This would be to change title

Edited by - EvilRick on 16 October 2003 23:39:03
Go to Top of Page

EvilRick
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2003 :  00:00:39  Show Profile  Visit EvilRick's Homepage
How about this?

if M_POSTS > 3000 then

Response.Write "blah, blah, blah" <- Don't know this part.

And would go in "pop_profile.asp"
Go to Top of Page

EvilRick
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2003 :  00:43:26  Show Profile  Visit EvilRick's Homepage
Okay, here goes . . .

if M_POSTS > "3000" then
				Response.Write "	<tr>" & vbNewLine & _
						"		 <td bgColor=""" & strPopUpTableColor & """ align=""right"" nowrap><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>Custom Title:</font></b></td>" & vbNewLine & _

This is where I'm stuck. I'm thinking that this code will show "Custom Title:" underneith "User Name" in "pop_profile.asp". I'm also thinking it will have to go after "goEdit" somewhere. Just exactly where I don't know, and I don't know enough to get it to show the box that I want to input the text for a Custom Title and how to get it to write to "M_TITLE" in the "FORUM_MEMBERS" table. I'm also thinking I would have to add some sort of "if" statement in fron of the Avatar Section so that it won't even show that until "if M_POSTS > 50 then". I can worry about that after I (with some help) figure out the Custom Title part.

Again, thanks for at least looking and even bigger thanks for helping.

Edited by - EvilRick on 17 October 2003 00:45:51
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2003 :  03:25:15  Show Profile
I'd probably do it a different way : don't change pop_profile at all. Let them choose their avatar straight away, THEN when they hit the magic postcount number the avatar shows up immediately. Purely from memory, there are 2 places to alter topic.asp.

Actually, your changes to pop_profile could easily work for both avatar selection & title editting.
Go to Top of Page

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2003 :  04:56:45  Show Profile
See this topic on how to allow users to assign their own titles. You could do something similar for the avatars.

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

EvilRick
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 17 October 2003 :  13:28:04  Show Profile  Visit EvilRick's Homepage
I added your code from the other thread, but it's not showing where a user w/ RankLevel5 (3000 posts) can change their title. It should show up in "pop_profile.asp" correct? They should be able to change it when the clikc on "Profile"?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07