Help: MOD Implementation
 Mods and MySQL
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

choppermc

Australia
80 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2003 :  03:52:41  Show Profile  Send choppermc an AOL message
Hi all
Has anyone been able to get Links Manager or Davids Portal Mod to work properly with MySQL?
I have just recently converted my Snitz 3.4.03 Access database to MySQL, every thing seems fine except the two mods mentioned above.

I get this error with links.asp-

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E14)
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-4.0.14-nt]You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'SHOW = 1' at line 1
/links.asp, line 1469

and the portal page just comes up mostly blank apart from the header

Any ideas anyone.

Oh....Is that it?

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2003 :  17:08:59  Show Profile
Some mods use some sql commands in the queries that only access or MS SQL database will understand it. These access/ms sql related only queries won't work in mysql. You will need to make some changes to it for mysql databases.

Post the sql query that mysql is having a problem. You can do this by putting the following code right before line 1469:
Response.Write strSql
Response.End
then run the page again. It should show you the sql query along with the error message.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

choppermc

Australia
80 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  05:23:04  Show Profile  Send choppermc an AOL message
Thanks Davio

Well I tried that little script and the page showed up, and it had this-
SELECT CAT_ID, CAT_NAME FROM FORUM_LINKS_CATEGORIES ORDER BY CAT_NAME ASC
inside the Categories & Subcategories box instead of any links.

Cheers, chopper

Oh....Is that it?

Edited by - choppermc on 14 October 2003 05:24:17
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  10:59:51  Show Profile
That can't be right. The sql query should have 'SHOW = 1' in it, like the error said.

Post a link to a txt version of the in question, and I'll take a look at it.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

dpmcalister

United Kingdom
161 Posts

Posted - 14 October 2003 :  12:36:57  Show Profile  Visit dpmcalister's Homepage
IIRC, I had the same problem and I corrected it by changing all instances of 'SHOW = 1' to 'SHOWLINKS = 1'
Go to Top of Page

choppermc

Australia
80 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  06:34:29  Show Profile  Send choppermc an AOL message
Here you go Davio-
http://www.digitalmarketbiz.com/links.txt

Oh....Is that it?
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  08:07:43  Show Profile
Chopper, change the Response.Write strSql code that I told you to add on line 1469, to Response.Write sqlcount then run the page again and paste the query that shows up.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

choppermc

Australia
80 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  08:47:49  Show Profile  Send choppermc an AOL message
Ok Davio, now I get this-
SELECT count(url) FROM FORUM_LINKS WHERE CATEGORY = 0 AND PARENT_ID = 1 AND SHOW = 1

Oh....Is that it?
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  11:13:52  Show Profile
Do you have a column called SHOW in the FORUM_LINKS table?

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

choppermc

Australia
80 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  17:01:55  Show Profile  Send choppermc an AOL message
quote:
Originally posted by Davio

Do you have a column called SHOW in the FORUM_LINKS table?

Yep

Oh....Is that it?
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2003 :  00:22:54  Show Profile
According to the MySQL Manual (http://www.mysql.com/doc/en/SHOW.html) the SHOW column name is a reserved mysql command. You will need to change the column name in the FORUM_LINKS table to something else, like SHOWLINKS as dpmcalister suggested. Then you need to search for SHOW in this file and change it to SHOWLINKS after you changed it in the database.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

choppermc

Australia
80 Posts

Posted - 16 October 2003 :  07:21:58  Show Profile  Send choppermc an AOL message
Great stuff Davio, I finally got it to work....well almost.
every thing works, except for when I click on a subcategory to view the list of links, I get an error-

Error Type:
Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A01CA)
Variable uses an Automation type not supported in VBScript
/inc_func_links.asp, line 187

I had to make the changes you and dpmcalister suggested to 5 files and the database-
    I Changed SHOW to SHOWLINKS in the following
  • links.asp
  • inc_func_links.asp
  • pop_links.asp
  • admin_links.asp
  • portal.asp
  • FORUM_LINKS table

Here is the text copy of my inc_func_links.asp if you want to see if you can spot the problem with inc_func_links.asp.

Cheers

Oh....Is that it?

Edited by - choppermc on 18 October 2003 05:28:18
Go to Top of Page

choppermc

Australia
80 Posts

Posted - 18 October 2003 :  06:08:13  Show Profile  Send choppermc an AOL message
Wow
Every things fixed now, I worked out where the last error was coming from, and the problem with the Portal page (took me ages).
In my database table FORUM_LINKS the field "type" for LINK_ID was set to- int(11)unsigned
I changed it to so it looked like this- int(11)

I did the same for tables FORUM_CMS_CATEGORY and FORUM_CMS_CONTENT to get my Portal page to work.

Note- there are other tables in my database with the unsigned type set to the primary key, but they don't seem to be causing any problems as yet.

Thanks for your help Davio and dpmcalister

Oh....Is that it?
Go to Top of Page

Azzur
Starting Member

13 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2003 :  14:39:21  Show Profile
sorry.. this topic it allows to also resolve the relative problems to sql. . on the sniz forum? I don't succeed in making to work the search, the new messages and the votes. . how can I do? ? ? Does someone help me?
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2003 :  18:49:13  Show Profile
None of the database fields should be marked unsigned. Remove the unsigned option from those fields. That usually happens when you convert from an access database.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 21 November 2003 :  18:40:31  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Just a note (I just found this topic): The final version of the Links Manager MOD will work with MySQL (I actually already use a MySQL compatible version), I have used the SHOW field for compatability with Links Manager v2.
Sorry for the problems caused.

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07