Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Most busy snitz forum on the net
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2003 :  17:57:44  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
Wow that's quite a board. I like the signup procedures. Why so many members? I mean the member count would suggest a LOT more posts. Just wondering, great site ya got there.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 03 November 2003 :  18:35:31  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
Snowboarders online : 3086
Total Members : 521444
New Members Yesterday : 715

Impresive especially how fast it is. The forum is not competely integrated into the site yet, but everything looks good.

Brad
Oklahoma City Online Entertainment Guide
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

altisdesign

United Kingdom
357 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  14:37:58  Show Profile
Just found this one and I can't see its been listed before..

http://muscletalk.co.uk/default.asp

Loads really really slowly for me.. don't know if its my connection or what, but it has 201217 posts

Altis Design offers all manner of web design services to a variety of commercial and personal clients
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 23 November 2003 :  17:26:51  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
Some Place Some Where is only 4000 posts away from being eledgable for that biggest forums list.

Nathan Bales
CoreBoard | Active Users Download
Go to Top of Page

gun
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 25 December 2003 :  05:45:34  Show Profile  Visit gun's Homepage
Donanimhaber.com
Registered Members: 7,727
Total Posts: 509,564
Total Topics: 64,308
Most Active Users: 182(15 min. period)
Typical Average Users On-Line: 100

[url]forum.donanimhaber.com[url]

And 0,8 seconds for default.asp. Founded in January 2001. Works on Dual Xeon 2.4 Ghz Sql server with 1 Gb ram for db and for web server Dual Xeon 2.4 Ghz Windows Server 2003 only 512 Mb ram.

Edited by - gun on 25 December 2003 05:47:16
Go to Top of Page

Astralis

USA
1218 Posts

Posted - 25 December 2003 :  06:52:19  Show Profile  Send Astralis a Yahoo! Message
quote:

Maybe the problem is that Snitz works so well that people are able to expand upon it and build in things like private messages, polls, photo galleries, news, article, and more. As concepts like community matures and applications like Snitz evolve, expectations continue to grow. What used to be considered a cutting edge mod is now considered a must have feature today.

I agree. And to think that the new version is going to wipe out my must-have mods. All that work. These mods are standard on the all other forums. Couldn't we add more mods to the base-code?
Go to Top of Page

scorpswolle
Starting Member

39 Posts

Posted - 25 December 2003 :  08:39:37  Show Profile
This forum is also very busy:

http://www.the-scorpions.com/forum/default.asp

Check it out...
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 26 December 2003 :  02:42:58  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
Hey Gun, you know your board qualifies to be addd to the biggest boards list. http://www.big-boards.com/index.php?page=all

Nathan Bales
Go to Top of Page

seahorse

USA
1075 Posts

Posted - 26 December 2003 :  03:33:33  Show Profile  Visit seahorse's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by marcelgoertz

this is a frustrating topic.... I am trying to get my community going for more than 10 months now, and it still doesn't happen (28 members), and then you are confronted with these mega-fora...
I am going to crawl up in a corner and cry all night....

I don't have many members, and I'm not upset about it. My forums have got a bunch of nationalistic Indian and Pakistani airplane nuts flaming each other. I kind of look at them as an infestation which should be stompped out.

Ken
===============
Worldwide Partner Group
Microsoft
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 30 December 2003 :  17:21:40  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
http://www.brainburst.com/forum/

This board shoed up on the big-boards.com index. I've never seen it before that. There are now three Snitz boards on the index.

Nathan Bales
Go to Top of Page

MarcelG
Retired Support Moderator

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 31 December 2003 :  03:03:02  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by seahorse

quote:
Originally posted by marcelgoertz

this is a frustrating topic.... I am trying to get my community going for more than 10 months now, and it still doesn't happen (28 members), and then you are confronted with these mega-fora...
I am going to crawl up in a corner and cry all night....

I don't have many members, and I'm not upset about it. My forums have got a bunch of nationalistic Indian and Pakistani airplane nuts flaming each other. I kind of look at them as an infestation which should be stompped out.

True..that's no fun either. But, I am happy now ; my new site is growing steady, gained 35 members in 3 weeks, and after just 7 weeks of uptime I've got almost 1000 posts already, and a daily 1200 pageviews / 200 unique visitors. Maybe, sometime in 2006 oxle is also listed on the bigboards

portfolio - linkshrinker - oxle - twitter
Go to Top of Page

sr_erick

USA
1318 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2004 :  05:26:49  Show Profile  Visit sr_erick's Homepage  Send sr_erick a Yahoo! Message
I would like to someday get listed. I think it will be a while though. 30-40k page views a day with and only 2000 unique peoples. Only 100,300 postings and 3200 members because we have deleted about 600 or so "non" posters. Things are looking good though. Averaging 20-30 new members a day these months. I don't want to wait.

Erick
Snowmobile Fanatics

Edited by - sr_erick on 01 January 2004 05:31:02
Go to Top of Page

Nathan
Help Moderator

USA
7664 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2004 :  07:29:58  Show Profile  Visit Nathan's Homepage
lol, dont pull the silver string Erick. There are alot of benifits to medium sized communities such as your own. One of them being you dont need 12 servers to run snitz.

Nathan Bales
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2004 :  07:34:09  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan

lol, dont pull the silver string Erick. There are alot of benifits to medium sized communities such as your own. One of them being you dont need 12 servers to run snitz.

Yeah really, I have 130 members (240...but 130 have posted) and I can run the server from my house on my HSI. Meaning I can run my site virtually for free - I love it.
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 01 January 2004 :  08:23:08  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Nathan

Why are you so negative about Snitz all the time ?? ... just interested to know.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.36 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07