Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2003 :  19:29:52  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
I redesigned Ryan's Site. It really looked awful before but I like the setup now. I decided to use the primary colors for a color scheme.
It is still under construction but while I am reconstructing it I would like some input. Let me know...

The Poultry Link - "Serving the best of the fancy with the best of the web"
Forum Setup Help

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2003 :  19:40:45  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
I like the header style, but the colours are too hard on eyes. RED with GREEN get mixed up in your eyes, and that was also in a book I had about webpage colours. And it does not look nice to me.

But the "style" of the forum is nice. I eally like the header. Perhaps changing your background to whitesmoke would make it look really nice. What do you think?

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

instantnet11

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2003 :  20:03:10  Show Profile  Visit instantnet11's Homepage  Send instantnet11 an AOL message  Send instantnet11 an ICQ Message  Send instantnet11 a Yahoo! Message
I agree with Faizan. Red Green combo? Arg!
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2003 :  21:34:10  Show Profile
Interesting header style...:

last visit..."">Active Topics" & vbNewline If mLev >= CInt(strSLDisplay) Then Response.Write " |" & vbNewline & _ " WebSearch" & vbNewline end if ' DEM --> Start of code added to show subscriptions if they exist if (strSubscription > 0) then if mlev = 4 and SubCount > 0 then Response.Write " |" & vbNewline & _ " All Subscriptions" & vbNewline end if if MySubCount > 0 then Response.Write " |" & vbNewline & _ " My Subscriptions" & vbNewline end if end if ' DEM --> End of Code added to show subscriptions if they exist Response.Write " |" & vbNewline & _ " TPL Members" & vbNewline & _ " |" & vbNewline & _ " "" then Response.Write("?FORUM_ID=" & cLng(Request.QueryString("FORUM_ID"))) Response.Write """" & dWStatus("Perform a search by keyword, date, and/or name...") & " tabindex=""-1"">Search TPL" & vbNewline & _ " |" & vbNewline & _ " FAQ" if mLev > 0 and strDBNTUserName <> "" then Response.Write " |" & vbNewline & _ " Invite a friend" & vbNewline end if Response.Write "
" %>

(:D)
Go to Top of Page

TestMagic

USA
1568 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2003 :  21:34:28  Show Profile  Visit TestMagic's Homepage
I'm seeing this on your forum page:
quote:
last visit..."">Active Topics" & vbNewline If mLev >= CInt(strSLDisplay) Then Response.Write " |" & vbNewline & _ " WebSearch" & vbNewline end if ' DEM --> Start of code added to show subscriptions if they exist if (strSubscription > 0) then if mlev = 4 and SubCount > 0 then Response.Write " |" & vbNewline & _ " All Subscriptions" & vbNewline end if if MySubCount > 0 then Response.Write " |" & vbNewline & _ " My Subscriptions" & vbNewline end if end if ' DEM --> End of Code added to show subscriptions if they exist Response.Write " |" & vbNewline & _ " TPL Members" & vbNewline & _ " |" & vbNewline & _ " "" then Response.Write("?FORUM_ID=" & cLng(Request.QueryString("FORUM_ID"))) Response.Write """" & dWStatus("Perform a search by keyword, date, and/or name...") & " tabindex=""-1"">Search TPL" & vbNewline & _ " |" & vbNewline & _ " FAQ" if mLev > 0 and strDBNTUserName <> "" then Response.Write " |" & vbNewline & _ " Invite a friend" & vbNewline end if Response.Write "
" %>

Snitz rocks! · Search 2
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2003 :  21:45:39  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
Try it again. I was doing something.

Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 07 October 2003 :  12:03:29  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
Does it work now?

Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 11 October 2003 :  22:52:47  Show Profile
IMO your header looks kind of empty @ 1024x768 and that marquee...really annoying on every page...I mean REALLY annoying.
Go to Top of Page

chumbawumba

United Kingdom
304 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2003 :  00:52:43  Show Profile
"NOTE: Any topics made by another user besides me will be removed. You may reply to my topics in this forum only."

perhaps i'm feeling touchy today, but couldn't that be stated in a slightly more friendly way
Go to Top of Page

The Impact

Australia
398 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2003 :  02:06:09  Show Profile
Your portal page seems to take over the forum a bit.

Maybe add the last active topic and a few posts into it. Member spotlight and a few other things that relate to the forum ...

Takes a bit to load, that's not your fault though !

Good job appart from that !
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2003 :  22:48:13  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by chumbawumba

"NOTE: Any topics made by another user besides me will be removed. You may reply to my topics in this forum only."

It might surprise you how many people need something to "stand out" to get them to follow instructions. Thanks for the input though because I understand what you mean.

Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2003 :  05:45:49  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by chumbawumba

perhaps i'm feeling touchy today, but couldn't that be stated in a slightly more friendly way

I absolutely agree. Personally I'd change the codes so in the forums where you don't want people to post new topics, they just won't be able to do it. Sure, it requires some work, but it'd definitely doable (I've done it before) and you won't have to worry about removing new topics or even turning on moderation.

I also agree with Dave about the marquee.

The colors are a combination that I wouldn't have chosen. Navy, maroon, yellow and grey... oh and green. But that's my personal opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 13 October 2003 :  17:51:38  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
The colours look better now. How about trying gradients? (By the way, you can get gradient images from the link in my signature, which says Snitz-Graphics)

But honestly, the colours are much better now. Perhaps a new set of icons would do some good effect?

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

chumbawumba

United Kingdom
304 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  03:23:30  Show Profile
Faizan: is your site down ?

I click on your snitz-graphic link, which opens a new page: "http://www.railway-forum.com/faizan/graphics" . this then redirects to www.snitz-graphics.tk, but then i get a "can not find server" error page
same for www.fsqforums.tk/" target="_blank">http://www.fsqforums.tk/

Edited by - chumbawumba on 15 October 2003 03:28:43
Go to Top of Page

Faizan
Average Member

United Kingdom
592 Posts

Posted - 15 October 2003 :  11:34:32  Show Profile  Visit Faizan's Homepage  Send Faizan an AOL message  Send Faizan an ICQ Message  Send Faizan a Yahoo! Message
Both work for me.
But if you really can't get .tk to work, you can try this one for graphics site: www.pakigeek.com/~faizan

...and www.FSQForums.tk also works for me, and this redirects to the acual forum. I wonder why these don't work for you..

»Snitz Graphics
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 28 October 2003 :  19:29:49  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
Sorry to keep bugging you all. Of course you dont have to reply.
I made my own logo, login pics, and powered by pic, redid the folder colors and changes the whole color scheme. In my opinion? Really sharp.

Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07