Advice from the Snitz gods.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2003 :  19:36:46  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
I am setting up second site and I wanted this new one to be "Snitz" based site rather than have the forums as an add on to a set of html pages. I went lazy and tried the full mod vers. from server hacker. There are several mods there I don't care about (avatars) and several that I have not gotten working.
I just tried to bump a user account up to administrator and got this error:
Microsoft JET Database Engine error '80040e07' 

Data type mismatch in criteria expression. 

/forum/pop_profile.asp, line 1625

line 1625 is
		my_Conn.Execute (strSql),,adCmdText + adExecuteNoRecords

My problem is that I am not so dang sure that I know enough to find and implement a site integration mod.
My question is since I have a copy of my previous forum saved with the active user mod, poll mod already installed, should I try to fix this new all in one server hacker forum or would it be safer to upgrade my other (not older) forum to a site integrated forum?

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2003 :  20:01:17  Show Profile
have you asked about the error at server hacker's forum?

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2003 :  20:15:18  Show Profile
There re quite a few errors with ServerHackers forum that you will have to fix. Most of the fixes you should find at thier forums. Some you might not find and you will have to ask at thier forums. Hopefully someone there will help you.

They should be releasing thier v9 of thier modded forum, but don't know how long that might be.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2003 :  20:26:31  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
quote:
There re quite a few errors with ServerHackers forum that you will have to fix.

That is what I am starting to find out. Thanks Davio.
Go to Top of Page

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 05 October 2003 :  19:39:55  Show Profile
SHs problems should really be handled on that forum, but this error is a typical SQL error. You should insert a line like this :

Response.Write strSql

just before your execute line to see if you get anything sensible coming out of it
Go to Top of Page

CosmicFawn
Starting Member

USA
29 Posts

Posted - 06 October 2003 :  22:26:41  Show Profile
I had an error similar to that, found that I could not update a member's profile in any way. I had turned off avatars because at the time we had no interest in offering them but as soon as I turned avatars on I no longer received any error messages and things worked fine. I know this doesn't help much but at the time I had asked for help at SHs forums and they weren't able to help me fix the issue.
Go to Top of Page

RebelTech
Average Member

USA
613 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2003 :  04:53:42  Show Profile  Visit RebelTech's Homepage  Send RebelTech an ICQ Message
I just about gave up on SH's. I started over with fresh snitz. I have added active users and the poll mod. I am wrestling with the new events calendar mod now. Thanks everyone for their input.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07