Help Groups for Snitz Forums 2000 Users
 Help: MOD Implementation
 Private Messaging
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SpikeAshlye

57 Posts

Posted - 04 October 2003 :  04:14:03  Show Profile  Send SpikeAshlye an AOL message  Send SpikeAshlye a Yahoo! Message
Hm..

I just got the PM mod and, well nice to say it looks rather HUGE! I'm kind of intimidated to install it. I have installed about 12 mods on my script so far, and haven't has one single problem, but this one is kind of strange...

I was going to try to get it into the script tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone has ever use it yet.. You anyone recommend this mod? I looks like a pain to install. I'm worried about messing something up with this one.

Knightmayre
Starting Member

37 Posts

Posted - 10 October 2003 :  18:31:47  Show Profile
I had problems installing the PM mod on my 1st forum, have just installed it on my 2nd.
My problems were all my own fault: inserting code in the wrong place, missing the odd " etc.
As long as you follow the readme closely (and work on a backup forum!) you'll be fine.
The only thing that isn't documented in the readme is that when modifying topic.asp with the rM_PM = 6 around line 513 is that you have to then increment all the numbers below it (otherwise you'll have 2 #6's and a crash). (I only found that out by doing a whole bunch of searches yesterday)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07