columns width
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guessme
Banned User

393 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2003 :  17:40:20  Show Profile  Visit guessme's Homepage
Where and how can i change the width of the columns.

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2003 :  17:55:35  Show Profile
admin options allows column width changes to some extent. see if that does what you need.

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page

guessme
Banned User

393 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2003 :  19:00:39  Show Profile  Visit guessme's Homepage
I see nothing there that will do what i want. I am looking for the column width for the icons at the left side. Knowing the others would be nice too. Like topics posts last post moderator author replies read pretty much all the columns.

If it is hard to give all this info the icon folders column is what i really need right now.

Edited by - guessme on 26 September 2003 19:12:05
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2003 :  19:30:25  Show Profile
the you will need to modify the code on each page where you want to change the width of each column.

Go to Top of Page

guessme
Banned User

393 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2003 :  19:45:20  Show Profile  Visit guessme's Homepage
I have tried finding the code to do it but have failed. I am unable to recognize it.

I heard the code was in inc_header.asp. I this not so?

Would the pages be like default.asp - forum.asp - active.asp and such?

Edited by - guessme on 26 September 2003 19:56:09
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2003 :  20:03:46  Show Profile
yes, it would be on the individual pages. It just all depends on what you want to modify.

Go to Top of Page

guessme
Banned User

393 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2003 :  20:09:38  Show Profile  Visit guessme's Homepage
The width of the columns.

Edited by - guessme on 26 September 2003 20:30:44
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2003 :  21:02:55  Show Profile
ya, you already said that. which columns? if i were you, i'd start with just one at a time.

Go to Top of Page

guessme
Banned User

393 Posts

Posted - 26 September 2003 :  22:00:45  Show Profile  Visit guessme's Homepage
I did say above, the icon folders column. The one that shows new topic - old posts. My icon for new posts is to big for it. It looks really small and are not the full size. So i thought to make the column bigger.

Edited by - guessme on 26 September 2003 22:28:51
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2003 :  00:54:41  Show Profile
that has nothing to do with the column width. you have to set the icon size in inc_iconfiles.asp

Go to Top of Page

cripto9t
Average Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 27 September 2003 :  07:43:33  Show Profile
if you want to hard code it, (this is default.asp ,similar code in forum.asp just look for headcell color).
I would do what Nikkol says though and change the height and width in inc_icons file.
"                <td class=""headcell"" align=""center"" bgcolor=""" & strHeadCellColor & """ nowrap valign=""top""><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """>"
if Cat_ID <> "" then
	Response.Write	"<a href=""default.asp"">" & getCurrentIcon(strIconFolder,"Show All Categories","hspace=""0""") & "</a>"
else
	Response.Write 	" "
end if
Response.Write	"</font></b></td>" & vbNewline & _
		"                <td class=""headcell"" align=""center"" bgcolor=""" & strHeadCellColor & """ nowrap valign=""top""><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """>"
if strGroupCategories = "1" then Response.Write(GROUPNAME) else Response.Write("Forum")
Response.Write	"</font></b></td>" & vbNewline & _
		"                <td class=""headcell"" align=""center"" bgcolor=""" & strHeadCellColor & """ nowrap valign=""top""><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """>Topics</font></b></td>" & vbNewline & _
		"                <td class=""headcell"" align=""center"" bgcolor=""" & strHeadCellColor & """ nowrap valign=""top""><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """>Posts</font></b></td>" & vbNewline & _
		"                <td class=""headcell"" align=""center"" bgcolor=""" & strHeadCellColor & """ nowrap valign=""top""><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """>Last Post</font></b></td>" & vbNewline
if (strShowModerators = "1") or (mlev = 4 or mlev = 3) then
	Response.Write	"                <td class=""headcell"" align=""center"" bgcolor=""" & strHeadCellColor & """ nowrap valign=""top""><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """>Moderator(s)</font></b></td>" & vbNewline
end if 
	Response.Write	"                <td class=""headcell"" align=""center"" bgcolor=""" & strHeadCellColor & """>"
if (mlev = 4 or mlev = 3) or (lcase(strNoCookies) = "1") then 
	call PostingOptions()
else
	Response.write " "
end if

_-/Cripto9t\-_
Go to Top of Page

guessme
Banned User

393 Posts

Posted - 30 September 2003 :  13:48:36  Show Profile  Visit guessme's Homepage
Thanks.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07