Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 28 August 2003 :  10:07:09  Show Profile
A forum-code-only RTE mod for 3.4 was discussed, and being created by Dave6625 several months back. The originial topic is now archived, so I wanted to create a new topic to check the status of this mod. Last I heard, the MOD was close, and the live demo looked great, but coding was on hold for the summer. I'm really excited about this mod. What's the latest?

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 31 August 2003 :  09:59:29  Show Profile
<bump>
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 21 September 2003 :  21:20:00  Show Profile
Sorry about the delays...honestly, I uh...forgot (<Insert Blush face here, but I can't remember the BBCode offhand>).

I've had some computer problems (Catascrophic hard disk falure), but Once I get everything running again, I'll get to work. :)
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 09 October 2003 :  13:18:33  Show Profile
Thanks for the news! Hope you got your hard drive problems fixed. I haven't forgotten about this MOD Keep me posted...
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 11 October 2003 :  20:48:35  Show Profile
Yahoo! I just upgraded to Netscape 7.1 and it supports HTMLArea 3!!!! Now I'm even more excited...

Edited by - homeacademy on 11 October 2003 20:52:48
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 11 October 2003 :  22:10:08  Show Profile
WOW, really? That's great =)

I've been working on it the past few days.

I've fixed several bugs too.

When you clicked on a smile; you'd get thrown to the top of the page -- FIXED!

When you clicked to insert a smile; then directly after the smile was inserted you clicked another one; it would insert it at the top of the page -- FIXED!

Only problem with the fixes is that when you move your mouse over the smile in IE you don't get the "hand" if anyone knows the ONMouseOver="" JS, please let me know.

I've hit some problems with conversions...I think I can figure them out in time though.
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2003 :  10:31:51  Show Profile
Have you made a decision re table support? It was being discussed in the last thread, and you hadn't decided if/how.

I noticed that now 2 plugins are available for HTMLArea 3 - a Frontpage-style table operations toolbar, and SPELL CHECK!!! Not sure if I'll get my host to install all the stuff necessary for the spell check (needs Aspell & a Perl module) but am trying. Would be great if spell check worked. Didn't know if you plan on supporting the plugins or not. Thanks for continuing to work on this. I'll search a little on the JS problem, will let you know if I find anything. If the only 'bug' you have is a cusor problem, that's pretty good! Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  08:27:26  Show Profile
I went to your test site (http://www.railway-forum.com/rte/post.asp?method=Topic&FORUM_ID=1&editmode=rte) in my new Netscape 7.1. The format bar/editor didn't display! I went to the same URL in IE 6, it did. However, if I go to the HTMLArea test site (http://dynarch.com/htmlarea/example.html) in NS 7.1 everything displays and works. They took HTMLArea 3 out of Alpha and into Beta. They must have changed something. You WILL update your code so it works in NS, right? If I beg??

What exactly do you mean by ONMouseOver="" JS??? I've done some working with Javascript before, but can't understand what you're getting at? What conversions were you having trouble with? Let me know if I can help... Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  14:12:46  Show Profile
Hi...

That test site is outdated... I think its HTMLArea v2... I've been updating everything locally on my test server. Last night it died on me, so I'll have to get my friends 733mhz before I can get any work done.

I guess I'll update to allow the plugins to be used.

Forget the JS I was talkingabout...

If you'd like to help; look at the HTMLArea code and see if you can get a replace statement setup so when the form is submitted <a href="http://site.com">Link!</a> is change into Link! That'd be a BIG help!
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  21:29:48  Show Profile
Okay. I see. Hope you get your server back in order.

What do you mean by the change? <a href=...>Link!</a> should automatically make a hyperlink? Or do you mean if that is typed in by a user into the WYSIWYG box? Do you mean add the target="_blank" part like Snitz does? I'd like to help, but don't understand...

Many thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  21:48:35  Show Profile
I had it configured so when a user uses the "hyperlink" feature in HTMLArea, it displays as such:

<a href="http://link.com">Link Text</a>

I need it so onbsubmit, that is converted into the BBCode.

Understand? I'm not too sure on how to make it clear...
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 19 October 2003 :  22:09:10  Show Profile
OH!!! I thought you were converting from HTML to HTML! I understand now. I'll look tomorrow. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 20 October 2003 :  15:35:21  Show Profile
Got it! Here's a function that will convert <a href="http://site.com">Link!</a> into BBCode. I just took and modified the ReplaceURLs function in inc_func_common.asp. Here's the function ReplaceHTMLAreaURLs:

<edit> Ooops, this forum messed up the function. Go to http://www.haweb.org/snitz/link_conv.txt for the function, and to http://www.haweb.org/snitz/link_conv.asp for a live demo (text field). </edit>
BTW: My function requires inc_func_common.asp (uses the edit_hrefs JS function)

Not sure if that's the most efficient way of doing it, but it works. I haven't tried to put it into htmlarea, just tested with a text field. Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Edited by - homeacademy on 20 October 2003 17:14:54
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 21 October 2003 :  22:49:18  Show Profile
Did this work for you?
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2003 :  14:58:02  Show Profile
Hey.

Wow! Nice work, that works perfectly!

I got a new (old) Server today, so once I set it up...I'll put this in the code.

You don't know how much easier this makes things foe me!

thanks.
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 22 October 2003 :  15:11:03  Show Profile
Great! Keep me posted. Hope all goes well with your server. Let me know if I can do anything else to help, and I'll give it a try.

Edited by - homeacademy on 22 October 2003 15:13:11
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.45 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07