Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Mod that allows members to turn off avatars?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ROB

USA
347 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2004 :  13:12:21  Show Profile  Visit ROB's Homepage  Send ROB an AOL message  Send ROB an ICQ Message  Send ROB a Yahoo! Message
Avatars can be distracting and for dial-up users, a real bandwidth drain.

Is there a mod that let's users disable the display of avatars through their profile?

Jeff (ROB) Hester
BigBlueNetwork | BigBlueBall | Christian Church Today

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2004 :  14:45:58  Show Profile
I don't think there is but it can't be that hard to implement, just follow the same theory as hiding signatures

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

MarcelG
Retired Support Moderator

Netherlands
2625 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2004 :  16:24:31  Show Profile  Visit MarcelG's Homepage
interesting idea...this sounds feasible.

portfolio - linkshrinker - oxle - twitter
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2004 :  16:29:59  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
If you have the customization/personalization mod installed, you can edit it to do this. In fact I have it done at my forum. You can log on at my forum ( http://www.burningsoulsforum.com ) as Snitz with a password of Snitz and then click on the Settings ( http://www.burningsoulsforum.com/member_settings.asp ) link on top of the page to see how it works.

Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2004 :  17:59:26  Show Profile
That looks cool Dayve, do you know you still have some debug code displaying the sql statement when clicking ok, it doesn't seem to persist the mood settings correctly also.

Do you have a link to this mod?

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2004 :  18:04:42  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I don't see any problems with the mood settings, or perhaps I didn't understand what you were stating. As for a link to this mod, well I used to have the Personalization Mod during my 3.1SR4 days, however I changed it to put these settings in the members tables and then used cookies to maintain the settings. I can't seem to find the Personalization Mod at all these days and my code is really not easy to package up.

You made an important statement in your earlier post though. You can easily do the same thing I did by adding these options to the members profile just as they would show/hide signatures. Just need to add more fields in the database and code in the profile pages. In fact I think I am going to change mine to be that way.

Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2004 :  18:12:47  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by dayve

I don't see any problems with the mood settings, or perhaps I didn't understand what you were stating. As for a link to this mod, well I used to have the Personalization Mod during my 3.1SR4 days, however I changed it to put these settings in the members tables and then used cookies to maintain the settings. I can't seem to find the Personalization Mod at all these days and my code is really not easy to package up.

I know what you mean, i've done loads of little useful mods that could be useful for others but my code is too modified to build decent instructions, eg line numbers are different etc.
What I meant by the mood was that I selected one, saved, and when I went back it defaulted to the first option

quote:
Originally posted by dayve
You made an important statement in your earlier post though. You can easily do the same thing I did by adding these options to the members profile just as they would show/hide signatures. Just need to add more fields in the database and code in the profile pages. In fact I think I am going to change mine to be that way.

I've got a week of at the end of the month so I may do that unless you do it, can't see it taking more than an hour or so

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2004 :  22:50:30  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
It doesn't go to the first option, I just make the choice you made last become the first option.

Go to Top of Page

cripto9t
Average Member

USA
881 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2004 :  20:41:58  Show Profile
I did this today. Like David said it's just a mirror of the "show sigs".
I posted it in Mods w/code

_-/Cripto9t\-_
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07