Poll Mod "Specific" voting
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

altisdesign

United Kingdom
357 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2003 :  12:16:56  Show Profile
I came accross this problem when modding a forum for an alliance, and when it came to voting after installing the poll mod we realised it was important for the admins to be able to tell who had voted for what. I guess the reason this wasnt included in the original poll mod was on privacy grounds, but the users of the site would make it clear that poll records were taken of who voted for what, so I don't see too big a privacy issue in that . Its just what the person I was modding the forum wanted.

I went ahead and wrote some quick code to do this, by adding another field to the forum_read_topics table. I'm posting in the Mod W/O Code forum to see if anyone else might find these modifications useful and then I could put them up as a poll add on. I wasn't sure if someone had done this before, but I searched and I couldn't find anything. Also it might be an idea if anyone thinks this might be a worthwhile mod add on for Davio or someone associated with the poll mod just to check I havnt missed something really obvious when writing it

Thanks
-Altis Design

Altis Design offers all manner of web design services to a variety of commercial and personal clients

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2003 :  15:57:36  Show Profile
Sounds like a good poll mod add-on altis.

FYI, there is no forum_read_topics table.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

altisdesign

United Kingdom
357 Posts

Posted - 24 August 2003 :  17:08:26  Show Profile
Lol sorry about that its the "forum_poll_votes" table... copied the original from phpmyadmin and must have copied the wrong name (thats from Nikkol's read topic mod that I also got installed) . I'll email the changes I made to your forum email account.. if you could just have a look to see if there is anything unforseen that I have missed I would be very appreciative

Altis Design offers all manner of web design services to a variety of commercial and personal clients
Go to Top of Page

run4priz
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2003 :  17:47:54  Show Profile
I have been searching for this very thing. Our user group has just started using Snitz. Our old forum had polling which showed votes by user and we liked that function a lot. Please let me know when/if you have something.
Go to Top of Page

altisdesign

United Kingdom
357 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2003 :  19:41:34  Show Profile
I will keep you informed I've emailed the code to Davio just for him to check that there isnt any issues with what ive done, and i'll release soon after that if all is correct. I'm not very confident about mod addon building at the moment lol, but on my forum I havnt found any bugs yet with what I've done.

Go to Top of Page

run4priz
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 27 August 2003 :  19:45:30  Show Profile
Sounds great! I will check back later.
Go to Top of Page

run4priz
Starting Member

24 Posts

Posted - 24 October 2003 :  13:28:25  Show Profile
Any progress on this MOD?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.26 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07