Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

bugzy

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2001 :  16:22:14  Show Profile  Visit bugzy's Homepage
is there a random password emailed mod that is used to verify users

basically looking to see if there was a mod created to make sure a users is who they are

if they dont verify themselves, the acct is deleted or something of that nature

basically ive gotten a couple registrations that put bad emails or whatever by accident, is there a mod to basically verify they get their password etc before their account is active ?

Kerry
Average Member

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2001 :  16:29:45  Show Profile  Visit Kerry's Homepage
There are two flavors:

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3683&FORUM_ID=25&CAT_ID=17&Topic_Title=MOD%3A+Email+Random+Password&Forum_Title=MOD+Add%2DOn+Forum+%28W%2FCode%29

and

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3867&FORUM_ID=25&CAT_ID=17&Topic_Title=Require+a+valid+email+for+registration+revisited%2E&Forum_Title=MOD+Add%2DOn+Forum+%28W%2FCode%29

-Kerry

Go to Top of Page

frankie

Vatican City
304 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2001 :  17:46:38  Show Profile  Visit frankie's Homepage  Send frankie an AOL message  Send frankie an ICQ Message  Send frankie a Yahoo! Message
or:

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/link.asp?topic_id=3363

ô¿~

Edited by - frankie on 06 February 2001 17:47:12
Go to Top of Page

Kerry
Average Member

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 06 February 2001 :  17:50:30  Show Profile  Visit Kerry's Homepage
Yikes! -Sorry Frankie, I didn't realize there were 3

I stand corrected!

-Kerry

Go to Top of Page

gor
Retired Admin

Netherlands
5511 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2001 :  02:56:18  Show Profile  Visit gor's Homepage
Ehm, which one is best ? I mean haven't tried any of them, like the idea, was just wondering if the offer different functionality....

Pierre
Go to Top of Page

Kerry
Average Member

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2001 :  03:03:56  Show Profile  Visit Kerry's Homepage
I dunno - I think Davio, Frankie & I posted around the same time. I came up with mine in a rush for a client because it looked like the others were still being worked on at the time. Mine works okay, but I haven't tried the other two so they may be better.

Any "taste testers" out there willing to give 'em a try?

-Kerry

Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 07 February 2001 :  15:16:04  Show Profile
Yeah, I did mine because someone wanted a random password mod, with a twist on it. SO I just used the random password mod that was there at the time (frankie's) and included also what the user had wanted. Which was, if someone change thier email address in thier profile, it would email them a new password to the new email. So they would have to have a real email address to post to the forum. They don't specify thier own password at anytime.
And also if a moderator or admin changed the user's email address it would also generate a new password and email it to the new address.
But I updated the random script with another one that doesn't use the FileSystemObject.
I tried frankie's mod at it works great. Haven't tried Kerry's though.

"Even when you feel you have nothing left,
You still have prayer--And that's enough."

Go to Top of Page

pwsweb
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2001 :  11:34:00  Show Profile
Just a quick message of thanks for the password mod. Works perfectly and took about, oh, twenty seconds to set up Wish I knew more about asp...

Cheers,
Pete

Go to Top of Page

bugzy

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2001 :  13:15:27  Show Profile  Visit bugzy's Homepage
pwsweb which mod did you use ?

Go to Top of Page

Ken73
Starting Member

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2001 :  17:05:36  Show Profile  Visit Ken73's Homepage
I just used Davio's and it worked like a champ! Talk about an absolutely excellent mod!! (I have no other mods on my site yet though.)

Ken
Go to Top of Page

pwsweb
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 12 March 2001 :  12:52:18  Show Profile
Davio's mod.

probably should have mentioned that before oops..

Go to Top of Page

VodkaFish
Average Member

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 19 March 2001 :  15:38:07  Show Profile  Send VodkaFish an AOL message  Send VodkaFish an ICQ Message  Send VodkaFish a Yahoo! Message
i stuck davio's mod on a board i'm about to launch. i tested it - perfect! although, i have to have e-mail options on, and i don't want people e-mailing the topics, but oh well, maybe there will be a work around for that later.

i then found the latest alpha version of snitz. hello nicer html! i reallly want to use that now, but i know i can't just replace the files. can anyone plug this one into the latest alpha? or maybe just post a text file on what lines were changed, and i could try and hunt them down myself.

doh! i just remembered the other thread...and it all seems to be in there...brain is not doing well today...sorry about this...but, while i'm here i really hope this becomes an admin option in the next version. for my site, the more security options, the better. i wish it wasn't so, but that's my internet life

v ø d k â f ï § h

Edited by - vodkafish on 19 March 2001 15:42:10
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 19 March 2001 :  19:01:11  Show Profile
Well, when version 3.2 officially comes out to the public, I will update all my mods to work with the 3.2 version. Hopefully the other mod writers will too. Till then, it's the 3.1 SR4 we will create the mods for.

Go to Top of Page

VodkaFish
Average Member

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 19 March 2001 :  20:11:33  Show Profile  Send VodkaFish an AOL message  Send VodkaFish an ICQ Message  Send VodkaFish a Yahoo! Message
any hint at a 3.2 date? i mean, should i hold off on mod-ing the alpha i have?

v ø d k â f ï § h
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 19 March 2001 :  20:22:54  Show Profile
Don't have a clue. It's up to Mike (Reinsnitz) when it will be out. There are still a few bugs in it. You can look through the DEV: Bug Reports (Open) forum to see what bugs are in the 3.2 alpha 6 version.
But I wouldn't start moding it just yet if I were you. I would just continue using it until it's officialy released to the public.

Also I don't think the setup.asp file has been edited to allow you to upgrade from previous versions.

Go to Top of Page

VodkaFish
Average Member

USA
654 Posts

Posted - 20 March 2001 :  13:17:56  Show Profile  Send VodkaFish an AOL message  Send VodkaFish an ICQ Message  Send VodkaFish a Yahoo! Message
ok - i'm running 3.1sr2 with some edits. you think i could do the same edits to these files and it would work?

v ø d k â f ï § h
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.16 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07