Member numbers
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2003 :  11:53:32  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
You know each member is assigned a number when they register...well is there a way to somehow put them all back into order again.

It's hard to explain what I mean, but, for example, I have 950 members, but the last member is number 960 because I've deleted several accounts (testing etc). So is there a way to make it so member 5 is number 5, member 150 is number 150 etc etc etc?

Cheers

Shaggy
Support Moderator

Ireland
6780 Posts

Posted - 08 August 2003 :  12:44:20  Show Profile
The only way to do it, that I know of, would be to create a new table for the members with the exact same fields and then copy across all the info from the original table except for the MEMBER_ID field. But you are going to run into one, rather major problem: all the author id fileds, last post author fields, etc. in the forum, topic & reply tables will be wrong. Of course I'm not too well versed in Access (you are using Access, right?), so there may be a way around this that I'm not aware of.

Search is your friend
“I was having a mildly paranoid day, mostly due to the
fact that the mad priest lady from over the river had
taken to nailing weasels to my front door again.”
Go to Top of Page

mortioli
Average Member

United Kingdom
898 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2003 :  06:06:23  Show Profile  Visit mortioli's Homepage  Send mortioli an AOL message  Send mortioli a Yahoo! Message
Hmm, I was hoping of an easier way lol
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 17 August 2003 :  06:28:55  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
There is no easy way, and no valid reason why you would want to do it either, the member_id is an internal number it doesn't need to be in sequence, if you want a member number that is, then I would suggest you add a new field and maintain it yourself.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07