Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SiSL
Average Member

Turkey
671 Posts

Posted - 30 July 2003 :  14:00:14  Show Profile  Visit SiSL's Homepage
Infact this might be already suggested, but:

1. Locking Member till a "specific date" (Emailing him/her like "You are locked for 10 days" etc)

2. But this Locked Member can login to forum, Just NOT ALLOWED to post anything (so a little prevent for re-registering with another address)

I don't know if there is a mod like this, but it will be real nice tho...

CHIP Online Forum

My Mods
Select All Code | Fix a vulnerability for your private messages | Avatar Categories W/ Avatar Gallery Mod | Complaint Manager
Admin Level Revisited | Merge Forums | No More Nested Quotes Mod

jfitz

USA
345 Posts

Posted - 30 July 2003 :  20:32:05  Show Profile
I've created a Member Probation mod that might be close enough...it requires any member on probation to have all their posts moderated until they come off probation. Placing a member on and taking them off probation is done manually, but generally there won't be that many (we have 2 on probation out of 3000 members). It's in the Mods w/code forum.

--Jördan
It's a wasted day if you don't spend at least part of it flying upside down.
Go to Top of Page

Jag24

182 Posts

Posted - 30 July 2003 :  21:08:03  Show Profile  Visit Jag24's Homepage  Send Jag24 an ICQ Message
With my experinces, they just make a new account anyhow, & continue posting. It is impossible to ban anyone unless you turn registrations off.....They will find a way LOL
Go to Top of Page

jfitz

USA
345 Posts

Posted - 30 July 2003 :  22:08:40  Show Profile
We require all new members to have their first posts moderated. That pretty much solved the re-registration problem for us.

--Jördan
It's a wasted day if you don't spend at least part of it flying upside down.
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 04 February 2004 :  09:13:52  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
jfitz: does your probation-mod do this automatically? I didn't understand it that way?

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.41 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07