Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 15

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2003 :  15:37:32  Show Profile
please post implementation problems in the correct forum. The errors you are encountering are most likely NOT bugs, but incorrect addition of code.

And when you do make a post in the MOD implementation forum, it is not enough to say what error and what line in what file. You will need to make text versions of the files available for inspection.

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~

Edited by - Nikkol on 15 July 2003 15:39:17
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2003 :  15:48:34  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Nikkol

please post implementation problems in the correct forum. The errors you are encountering are most likely NOT bugs, but incorrect addition of code.

Thanks for letting me know.

quote:

And when you do make a post in the MOD implementation forum, it is not enough to say what error and what line in what file. You will need to make text versions of the files available for inspection.

I make those upon request of the individual. I have had errors (and not just once) where I can be told what to do just by the person looking at the error (Way to go OneWay!).

The Poultry Link - "Serving the best of the fancy with the best of the web"
Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2003 :  15:50:56  Show Profile
that error indicates that you've missed adding some of the code. I can't tell you what you missed without seeing the code.

Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2003 :  16:15:05  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
Ok I will post in response to your reply in the MOD implementation forum.

The Poultry Link - "Serving the best of the fancy with the best of the web"
Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 17 July 2003 :  14:22:19  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
I must say I have not been this excited about a MOD being released since like... Moderated Registrations :) This is a wonderfull mod Nikkol

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 18 July 2003 :  17:19:30  Show Profile
Thanks Mike.

Go to Top of Page

Gandiel
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2003 :  14:16:03  Show Profile
Nikkol,

Hate to be the one to ask... but... we ready for release yet? Any word on other MOD integration issues?

Gandiel
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 23 July 2003 :  16:18:35  Show Profile
Release of a non-Beta version? Essentially I'm just going to update the current zip with the fixes discussed in this thread. I just haven't had time, because "real life" is quite demanding right now.

What other MOD integration issues? Thus far, no one has said there have been problems.

Go to Top of Page

Gandiel
Starting Member

21 Posts

Posted - 24 July 2003 :  10:38:02  Show Profile
quote:

Release of a non-Beta version? Essentially I'm just going to update the current zip with the fixes discussed in this thread. I just haven't had time, because "real life" is quite demanding right now.

Yes... release of a non-beta. And don't worry. Real Life > Usergroups MOD Final Release.

quote:

What other MOD integration issues? Thus far, no one has said there have been problems.

That's exactly what I was looking for... whether anyone brought forth any issues. And since there is none, even better!

Thanks again for all your hard work Nikkol. You KNOW we all appreciate it!

Gandiel
Go to Top of Page

ajhvdb

Netherlands
392 Posts

Posted - 27 July 2003 :  18:43:32  Show Profile
Nikkol great working mod, just what i've been looking for :)

I also added a new field into the usergroups table: JoinByEmailAddress
Example: .nl;@company.com;.division@;

Now when the emailaddress of the new user matches ".nl" or "@company.com" or ".division@", only then the member is added to the group.

This saves me adding about 30 users in a new support forum!
I can send you a copy if you want to integrate this, if not thanks anyway

Note:
If you add a new group the options are not saved, they are saved with modify.
Go to Top of Page

kwhipp

USA
407 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2003 :  14:13:28  Show Profile  Visit kwhipp's Homepage  Send kwhipp an AOL message  Send kwhipp an ICQ Message  Send kwhipp a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Reinsnitz

I must say I have not been this excited about a MOD being released since like... Moderated Registrations :) This is a wonderfull mod Nikkol

Ditto! Big time DITTO!!!

- Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2003 :  18:42:35  Show Profile

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2003 :  13:59:32  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
Bug found:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[TCX][MyODBC]Table 'freeworldsleague.FORUM2_USERGROUP_MEMBERS' doesn't exist

/forum2/inc_func_common.asp, line 1326

I get this error for all files that load... caus they all use inc_func_common.asp.

Explanation
config.asp settings:

strTablePrefix = "FORUM2_"
strMemberTablePrefix = "DATA2_"
strFilterTablePrefix = "FORUM2_"

The MOD is using the table prefix rather than the member prefix ;)

Fix:
change line ~1320 from:
	strSql = "SELECT USERGROUP_ID FROM " & strTablePrefix & "USERGROUP_MEMBERS " &_

change line ~1320 to:
	strSql = "SELECT USERGROUP_ID FROM " & strMemberTablePrefix & "USERGROUP_MEMBERS " &_

edited by Reinhold to reflect Nikkol's input

Rename your table from your Member Prefix to your Forum Prefix. in my case DATA2_USERGROUP_MEMBERS gets renamed to FORUM2_USERGROUP_MEMBERS to get this working with the code properly.

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2003 :  14:18:29  Show Profile
Thanks Mike. However, there was a reason I coded it using the forumtable prefix instead of the member table prefix. I figured if you had more than one forum db, then you might want different usergroups for each forum. And if that is the case, the usergroup_members table would be different for each forum. Therefore, you'd need to add the usergroup related tables to each db. Make sense? I know in some case you'd want the exact same usergroups across forums, but I wasn't sure at the time how to set it up so that you could opt to share user groups or not.

Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 09 August 2003 :  18:09:20  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
Then you will want to re-code how your tables are created so that they use the TablePrefix, and not the MemberPrefix :)

Either way there is a bug here ;)

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 15 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07