Posted - 29 February 2004 :  18:41:22  Show Profile
zeth, you can see a copy of my header_inc file Here

Thanks for your time.
Go to Top of Page

JeremyG
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2004 :  16:42:39  Show Profile
Trying to Use SPeedBall II. Seems to work ok, but am having issues with the site integration.

I go into admin options and turn on Site Int, and select Top and Left.....looks like it goes through but then when i go back to look they're all turned off again.

Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2004 :  17:33:45  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
did you click 'submit new config' at the bottom when making changes in the SI admin page?

Snitz 'Speedball' : Site Integration Mod : Friendly Registration Mod
"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"
Go to Top of Page

JeremyG
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2004 :  20:30:47  Show Profile
Yes of course, but they never actually set. DB has write permissions, etc.
Go to Top of Page

JeremyG
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 06 March 2004 :  20:42:40  Show Profile
And then just now i confrimed that starting with totally fresh files and database, that the Site Integration just doesnt "stick".

Do the Inc_ files need to have data in them for the setting to work? I wouldnt think so but worth asking.
Go to Top of Page

aspwiz

250 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2004 :  05:00:28  Show Profile  Visit aspwiz's Homepage
Has anyone tackled the poll mod yet?

I have version 2 of my site (SB II) ready to release. (Looking Ace!)

Cheers,
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2004 :  06:05:00  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by JeremyG

And then just now i confrimed that starting with totally fresh files and database, that the Site Integration just doesnt "stick".

Do the Inc_ files need to have data in them for the setting to work? I wouldnt think so but worth asking.

Thats odd. OK. Next try running both the 'check installation' option in the admin menu and setup.asp again. This should ensure that the mod application variables are working correctly.

"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"
Go to Top of Page

JeremyG
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 07 March 2004 :  11:09:25  Show Profile
Ok tried that....no go. I even did the "upgrade databse" just in case, and that didnt work either.

I'm usually real good with this stuff, in fact I'm a decent ASP coder, etc. So feel free to get technical, just looking for guidence cause i'm not at all sure how it's supposed to work.
Go to Top of Page

hippojimj
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2004 :  11:54:06  Show Profile  Visit hippojimj's Homepage  Send hippojimj an AOL message
Hey, thanks for the great improvement... I've already installed it on one site and it works like a champ. I'm wondering, though, does this fix the problem that some people have when trying to register of the terms page coming back up everytime they hit agree?

Thanks again,

Jim
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2004 :  13:13:15  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by JeremyG

Ok tried that....no go. I even did the "upgrade databse" just in case, and that didnt work either.

I'm usually real good with this stuff, in fact I'm a decent ASP coder, etc. So feel free to get technical, just looking for guidence cause i'm not at all sure how it's supposed to work.

Check to see if the Site Integration MOD variables (see below) are present in the config.asp file - other than that, I can't see why the changes arent being stored.

'### Integration MOD ###
Dim strSiteHeader, strSiteLeft, strSiteRight, strSiteFooter, strSiteIntegEnabled, strSiteBorder
'### Integration MOD ###

and further down,

'### Integration MOD ###
strSiteHeader = Application(strCookieURL & "STRSITEHEADER")
strSiteLeft = Application(strCookieURL & "STRSITELEFT")
strSiteRight = Application(strCookieURL & "STRSITERIGHT")
strSiteFooter = Application(strCookieURL & "STRSITEFOOTER")
strSiteIntegEnabled = Application(strCookieURL & "STRSITEINTEGENABLED")
strSiteBorder = Application(strCookieURL & "STRSITEBORDER")
'### Integration MOD ###

Edited by - D3mon on 08 March 2004 13:15:04
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2004 :  13:16:48  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by hippojimj

Hey, thanks for the great improvement... I've already installed it on one site and it works like a champ. I'm wondering, though, does this fix the problem that some people have when trying to register of the terms page coming back up everytime they hit agree?

Thanks again,

Jim

The Speedball Forums should be an exact replica of the original Snitz forums (3.4.04) in terms of the opertaion of the code. I don't think this fix has yet been implemented to the base code.

Go to Top of Page

hippojimj
Starting Member

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2004 :  14:17:21  Show Profile  Visit hippojimj's Homepage  Send hippojimj an AOL message
Cool, thanks. Does anyone know what the fix to that is? Also, any RSS pros out there? I'd like to do something just like that rssfeed.asp that's out there, but only for one particular forum instead of all of them.

Thanks again,

Jim
Go to Top of Page

JeremyG
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2004 :  16:15:19  Show Profile
D3Mon, i will try this tonight, I'll bet that is it. I copied my old config into the folder to start with. Sounds like that's the problem.

I'll make a couple MODs for SpeedBall if i get this all working!
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 08 March 2004 :  17:06:33  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
That will definitely be the problem then. All you'll need from your old config.asp is the connection string and table name info.

Go to Top of Page

JeremyG
Starting Member

12 Posts

Posted - 09 March 2004 :  00:18:08  Show Profile
Yep, working now.

Once i get the CSS the way I want and stuff I'll work on doing a MOD like adapting the Polls MOD or something.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.17 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07