Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2003 :  12:21:22  Show Profile
OWM,

Not in "edit Topic" or "edit reply" yet. I'm trying to figure out how to have it optional to use the RTE, or the plain text editor I guess I'll have an option in the users profile, and if the browser is < IE5.5 or <Moz1.4 It defaults to the plain text editor. If it's RTE mode it just has "&editmode=rte" in the querystring.
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2003 :  19:04:07  Show Profile
Looks cool! Some HTML code created by the editor is coming through, ie

<p align="center" /><p align="center" />
<p align="center" />

but otherwise functions great. It doesn't work on my Netscape 7.01. Says my 'Gecko' isn't supported. Netscape is based on Mozilla, right? What version? I'm assuming NS 7.01 uses pre-1.4 Mozilla codebase. Or will NS never be supported? TIA, and SO MANY thanks for this mod. Will implement even if it doesn't support my main browser BTW, what RTE is this based on? Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2003 :  19:19:59  Show Profile
Ahh, "<p align="center" />" comes through because it wasn't closed, and it's XHTML compliant. If I just change that to "<br />" it should accomplish the same thing. I'll do it later

NS is based on Mozilla, but pre v1.3 (oops typo above, 1.3 not 1.4) In the next version of Netscape, If they go with the Mozilla technology (Content.EditableHTML or something) it will be supported. Otherwise, no.

I based this editor on HTMLArea3.0 though it would work with v2.03, I used 3.0Alpha because it supports Moz1.3+.
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2003 :  19:31:58  Show Profile
Excellent! I'll wait for a new version of NS, and look forward to this MOD! HTMLArea is a great choice; I've used it for other non-snitz apps and liked it. Will check out 3.0Alpha, didn't know it was out.

I noticed, there is a button on the editor to view HTML source. Is there a reason for that, since everything is converted to forum code and remaining HTML filtered out? Thanx again!
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2003 :  21:11:43  Show Profile
Oh, yeah the '<>' button is there for me, it just makes it easier for debugging. It will be removed when I release it.

I'm looking at the Table feature in HTMLArea, and I might include the [table][tr] etc. tags, they look good in the RTE...
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2003 :  21:24:37  Show Profile
That'd be great! Maybe even add the [table][tr] etc to the basic forum code, so even if you're not in RTE mode you can still use tables...
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 27 June 2003 :  21:37:16  Show Profile
Well, the problem with that is that If I add this to my post:
[td][/td]

It would screw up your tables.... I'm not sure if I can stop that...
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2003 :  07:12:57  Show Profile
Like the tables for the main forum, right. Hadn't thought of that. Could make things look really weird/unreadable. Maybe insert a [table] at the top of the post and [/table] at the bottom, so anything they do would only be to their "own" nested table, and wouldn't mess up the layout?
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2003 :  07:19:45  Show Profile
And, you'd have to somehow check that every [table]/[td]/[tr] tag has a matching closing tag. If not you could just add extra [/table] tags and still mess things up.
Go to Top of Page

The Impact

Australia
398 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2003 :  07:35:32  Show Profile
I'll give it a test soon Dave ! I know it's not really the same but you could close the tags like Invision Boards do.

Eg.
http://www.invisionboard.com/demo/index.php?s=469327c3887255239e0dbfd8b54005dc&act=Post&CODE=00&f=1
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2003 :  16:57:03  Show Profile
Well, adding <table border="0"> and </table> to every post would work... I don't know how browser compatible that would be though.

quote:
And, you'd have to somehow check that every [table]/[td]/[tr] tag has a matching closing tag. If not you could just add extra [/table] tags and still mess things up.

No, the DoCode function does that. eg:

fString = doCode(fString,"[tr]","[/tr]","<tr>","</tr>")

so If I only post:
[table][tr][td]test...[/td][/table]

It won't work.

Maybe I'll do two sets of tags for users... Normal ones as above, and basic ones as well. [table][row][col][/col][/row][/table]

Then I'll have to get into colspan and all the other table stuff... uhh, will be tougher than I thought.
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2003 :  16:58:46  Show Profile
Impact...

Well, IMO that is more likely to screw most people up because it ends the tags at the end of the post, not where it SHOULD end them.

Although, If I used that onsubmit() I think it could fix the layout problems, only screw up the post a little.
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2003 :  18:29:17  Show Profile
Okay... Why not just allow tables if the post is in RTE mode; the RTE editor will always make sure the proper tags are in place. And as you said, the DoCode function will keep things from messing up the forum's layout in case of any problem.
Go to Top of Page

Dave.

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2003 :  19:20:56  Show Profile
Yep, If the other way is too complex I might just do that.
Go to Top of Page

The Impact

Australia
398 Posts

Posted - 28 June 2003 :  23:55:14  Show Profile
Yup your right Dave.

BTW I have not been able to get it working on either Netscape or Mozilla yet.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07