Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

TwinnieL83
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 22 March 2001 :  07:01:25  Show Profile
I've got a problem with the calendar too, when I try to post an even it simply says "there was a problem" and try again. What can this be? If I run the setup it creates the tables just fine.

http://www.crossfire.homeip.net/testforum/events.asp

Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2001 :  12:13:30  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
OK. I still have some big problem with this mod! And it's probably because of the date-format-change I've made.

When I simply add an event to my calendar (events.asp), for 1st of May 2001, it wont occur in the calendar-structure of that month (May month in events.asp).
But when you click on 1st of May 2001, it occurs! (1st of May in events.asp).

Why wont it show up!?

There is also a general problem with the calendar: any member can edit or delete any event! That's bad. A member shouldnt be able to edit another members event, that's what I think. Not to delete it either!

So there is two things I want to have help with fixing:

event not showing up
any member can delete/edit any event

can someone help me with this!?

For the first question, you may need to view how my events.asp looks like, so I've putted it up at the server snoop.dk which cant view asp: http://bjorkelund.snoop.dk/events.asp

Please help me!

cheers
/CHEETAH

Edited by - Stockholmstudent on 23 March 2001 12:15:55
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 23 March 2001 :  20:07:02  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
Hi stockholm, I don't know why your events are not showing up as you've said...however for your second suggestion, this has been answered a couple of times..and here it is again...

quote:

Hi there,

This is be easily edited to be moderators or admin only.

Just change all the mlev >= 1 to mlev >= 3 if you want it moderators and admin
and if you want admin only, then set all the mlev >= 1 to mlev = 4. Hope this help.

In future, I should put this as variable on the top so that it's easier to change.

Cheers,

- Alan
www.iamviet.com

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  03:43:36  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
Thanks very much Aznknight for your help with the first question! It really helped! Thanks! :)

And I will repeat the still existing problem I have, so that any other guy checkin' in this topic will see it, and maybe be able to solve it!!!!!!!!

I still have ONE big problem with this mod! And it's probably because of the date-format-change I've made.

When I simply add an event to my calendar (events.asp), for 1st of May 2001, it wont occur in the calendar-structure of that month (May month in events.asp).

Why wont it show up!?

can someone help me with this!? You may need to view how my events.asp looks like, so I've putted it up at the server snoop.dk which cant view asp: http://bjorkelund.snoop.dk/events.asp

Please help me!

cheers
/CHEETAH
Go to Top of Page

golfman
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  18:12:26  Show Profile  Visit golfman's Homepage
quote:

Thanks very much Aznknight for your help with the first question! It really helped! Thanks! :)

And I will repeat the still existing problem I have, so that any other guy checkin' in this topic will see it, and maybe be able to solve it!!!!!!!!

I still have ONE big problem with this mod! And it's probably because of the date-format-change I've made.

Why wont it show up!?

can someone help me with this!? You may need to view how my events.asp looks like, so I've putted it up at the server snoop.dk which cant view asp: http://bjorkelund.snoop.dk/events.asp

Please help me!

cheers
/CHEETAH

Student,

Since I cannot see your database, I can only guess. I took a look at your events.asp and I have some ideas you can try as a means of debugging. Here goes:

There basically two line of code that check to see if there is an event in a given date range. One line for each calendar (the small one and the big one).

In your file, the small one is at line 697 & one at line 877. The code is identical at each line:

If ((rs("PRIVATE") <> 1) or ((rs("PRIVATE") = 1) and (lcase(rs(strDBNTSQLNAME)) = lcase(strDBNTUSerName)))) and (dToday >= strToDate(Rs("Start_Date")) AND dToday <= strToDate(Rs("End_Date"))) then

Because this line is false, the event does not show up or change the font to indicate there is an event. The line on your page is different from mine so it is diffilut to debug. Place the code below directly above the line(s) above in your events.asp and see if the conditions are true.

Response.Write"<p>The statement below should be true for an event to appear on: " & dToday & "<p>"
Response.Write rs("PRIVATE") & " <> 1 or " & rs("PRIVATE") & " = 1 and " & lcase(rs(strDBNTSQLNAME)) & " = " & lcase(strDBNTUSerName))& " and " & dToday & " >= " & strToDate(Rs("Start_Date")) & " AND " & dToday & "<= " & strToDate(Rs("End_Date"))

Golfman

Go to Top of Page

golfman
Starting Member

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 24 March 2001 :  18:36:47  Show Profile  Visit golfman's Homepage
Aznknight,

Love the mod. I had to move event_details to the end of all the select staments for SQL due to the field type. An fyi as well, the <%strImageURL%> variable was not quite everywhere so I added it to.

Thanks for the great work.

Golfman

Go to Top of Page

Horst Petersen
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2001 :  10:28:44  Show Profile
Any suggestions for that error?

ADODB.Recordset-Error '800a0bb9'

Go to Top of Page

WMA
Starting Member

Ireland
8 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2001 :  13:23:52  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

stockholmstudent,

Your problem probably lies in the date that gets passed in the URL:

http://www.websamba.com/forumet/htdocs/forum/events.asp?date=5/1/01

It looks like it's interpreting the 5 as the year

so how to fix it!?

Having the same problem... Updated dbase to Access2000- further confusion. Seems to be misreporting date formats.

When I add event ( it defaults to today ) on 26th March, 2001 it indicates 3/26/01 in the start date field. All goes ok aand event is added on correct date. However when I click on 26th March on calendar I'm sent to 1st March,2028. It correctly reports that there are no events there. What code / variable requires configuation to fix this wonderful piece of kit? Love to fix it while we cant go fishing in Eire!

Go to Top of Page

Horst Petersen
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2001 :  13:59:02  Show Profile
Iīm also sent to March of 2028. A reproducable error... what we all dream of

Go to Top of Page

Horst Petersen
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2001 :  14:01:49  Show Profile
with an asp-snippet i just checked my serverīs settings. thatīs what i get:

Date/Time Formats
Date = 26.03.01
Month = 3
Day = 26
Year = 2001
Time = 20:59:12

Currency Formats

1,05 DM

Think this could be the cause for the error?! But how can i fix it.....????

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2001 :  14:05:36  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
efforts are underway for non-US dates support...sit back in be patience for new version of this mod.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

work mule

USA
1358 Posts

Posted - 26 March 2001 :  23:14:56  Show Profile
quote:

efforts are underway for non-US dates support...sit back in be patience for new version of this mod.

OOooohh?! A new version already? Can you tease us with what some of the new features will be?

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  00:05:15  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
hehe..no teasers available really. Biggest improvement will be non-US date support and using mod_dbsetup.asp. This will help with the people having trouble using this mod. Another feature is admin option to set if only admin, moderator, or any member can add events. The rest will be layout changes.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page

WMA
Starting Member

Ireland
8 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2001 :  00:55:15  Show Profile
quote:

with an asp-snippet i just checked my serverīs settings. thatīs what i get:

Date/Time Formats
Date = 26.03.01
Month = 3
Day = 26
Year = 2001
Time = 20:59:12

Currency Formats

1,05 DM

Think this could be the cause for the error?! But how can i fix it.....????

Here are the settings on our server if of any assistance..

Date/Time Formats
Date = 27/03/01
Month = 3
Day = 27
Year = 2001
Time = 06:05:10

Currency Formats

IRĢ1.05

Looking forward to the mod and will be patient!

Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2001 :  15:29:29  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
I accidently overwritten the eventsV2.zip with the latest alpha for this mod. Don't download this mod, as the new alpha is not release-ready yet. Alpha was intended for Huwr or others that want to help with the non-US dates support.

Can someone email me the old eventsV2.zip? Like from before last week when I started the alpha.

Richard's link was down or else I woulda gotten it from there.

- Alan
www.iamviet.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07