Email topic update vs subscriptions
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hoffmancorp
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2003 :  13:14:23  Show Profile
I know how the subscriptions work for a topic, but I'm wondering if anyone has come up with a Mod that will allow a checkbox in a reply to "Send me an email when this topic is updated" type situation. Subscriptions are a 3 step process, whereas this would be a 1-click process.

Any ideas?

Hamlin
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
2386 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2003 :  13:52:13  Show Profile
There is already a checkbox when you reply/post a new topic to a forum that has topic subscriptions enabled.

Or is this something different?

On my forum it says
Check here to subscribe to this topic.
Go to Top of Page

hoffmancorp
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2003 :  12:04:16  Show Profile
Apologies all around. Both for double posting this topic and for not understanding how subs were setup. I have subs enabled for catagories but not topics, so I never saw it.

Also, I will chnage the wording from subscriptions to something that basic users will understand.

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Yav
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2003 :  15:17:03  Show Profile
whats all this talk of subs. ? could some one please explain.. I have a clean snitz 3.4.03 I would like it if an e-mail was sent out to all forum members when a new topic is made or somthing new is posted.

so whats all this subs stuff about and why cant I find anything about it on my admin menu ?
Go to Top of Page

TrungCoi
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 13 June 2003 :  12:55:29  Show Profile  Visit TrungCoi's Homepage  Send TrungCoi an AOL message
Hello Everyone,
Wondering if I'm posting at the right CAT. but my forums does not response to the forum subscriptions
Forum version: 3.4.03
URL: http://vietlyrics.us/forums
I understand how it works but after I've activate Subscriptions, and use another account to post for the Sub it would send me any email.

Please Help!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07