MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Deleting inactive users in mass
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rigger82

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2003 :  10:09:11  Show Profile  Visit Rigger82's Homepage  Send Rigger82 an AOL message  Send Rigger82 a Yahoo! Message
I would like to know if anyone has cobbled together the SQL to delete members who have not posted since x date (or in x days). Its kind of the same as the inactive user mod but I want to get rid of a large number... 770 approx that are over a year old without a post.

Anyone?

Mark Christianson
Gulf War Veteran (82nd Airborne Division)
Owner/Operator of www.paratrooper.net
Rigger@paratrooper.net
"If freedom was shareware, soldiers are the ones who pay for it."

Edited by - ruirib on 18 April 2003 15:09:40

gelliott

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2003 :  11:57:15  Show Profile
I think the closest anyone has come is in this thread:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34565&whichpage=4&SearchTerms=inactive,users

They are talking about adding this feature to that MOD, but I don't think poor burthold has had time to do it for all the troubleshooting those guys are putting him through.

* The optimist says the cup is half full. The pessimist says it's half empty. But the engineer knows the truth - the cup's design is incorrectly sized.
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2003 :  15:09:19  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
It cannot be just a matter of SQL. You need to deal with the existing posts/replies by those users, so it really needs to be a mod. I'm moving this to the mod W/O Code forum.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

Steve D.
Average Member

USA
640 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2003 :  15:13:55  Show Profile  Visit Steve D.'s Homepage  Send Steve D. a Yahoo! Message
If they have 0 posts then you should be able to do it with just SQL?

Swing Dancing Video Clips - It's All Swing! Forum
Go to Top of Page

Rigger82

USA
311 Posts

Posted - 18 April 2003 :  15:23:21  Show Profile  Visit Rigger82's Homepage  Send Rigger82 an AOL message  Send Rigger82 a Yahoo! Message
Steve... yes, I figure you can use sql to write a stored proc that you can run and feed it parameters ... but what I DIDNT want to do is kill them from the MEMBERS table and worry about orphan records and proper handling of deleted users. I CAN of course reverse engineer the delete SINGLE user call and loop through it... just wanted to know if Im all alone in the universe with wanting to do a mass removal of old unused members.

Mark Christianson
Gulf War Veteran (82nd Airborne Division)
Owner/Operator of www.paratrooper.net
Rigger@paratrooper.net
"If freedom was shareware, soldiers are the ones who pay for it."
Go to Top of Page

Valda
Starting Member

14 Posts

Posted - 12 June 2003 :  20:43:21  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rigger82

Steve... yes, I figure you can use sql to write a stored proc that you can run and feed it parameters ... but what I DIDNT want to do is kill them from the MEMBERS table and worry about orphan records and proper handling of deleted users. I CAN of course reverse engineer the delete SINGLE user call and loop through it... just wanted to know if Im all alone in the universe with wanting to do a mass removal of old unused members.

So after this extremely verbose post, have you done it? have you created the ultimate mod that will delete all these users who are inactive or zero posts?

You are not alone, we are here with you... The Inactive users mod delete users 1 by 1 asking for authentication the whole time. It's one of those mods that are almost there, but not quite there... I have about 89 pages with 10 users per page... so that's what? 890 users left to go? I started out with 1032...

it's a killer...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07