MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 Alias MOD suggestions
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2003 :  10:56:45  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
I have been working on my Alias MOD for about 4 hours and realized something. I am currently inserting an Alias ID into the tables where an author ID is also stored. I then have a function that will (based on the ProfileLink() function) that will check the ALIAS ID, ifits 0 then it uses the author ID and name, otherwise, it checks the alias table and if it finds an existing alias with that ID it will display that instead. But what Inoticed 4 hours later is that this will basically add a DB call per alias used on a page.

I could use a left outer join on the queries to match he alias name from the get-go and thus eliminate the DB calls for the alias name, but only queries on the search page use explicit joins.

Any ideas? Although this MOD is for a personal project, I figured I would release it as a MOD and want the best for the community (jeez, I'm nice...)

Thoughts??

snaayk

USA
1061 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2003 :  14:58:46  Show Profile  Visit snaayk's Homepage  Send snaayk an AOL message  Send snaayk an ICQ Message  Send snaayk a Yahoo! Message
Shameful bump to the top.

Any suggestions?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07