MOD Add-On Forum (W/O Code)
 mLevel(s)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hobeeb
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2003 :  12:05:55  Show Profile  Send Hobeeb an AOL message  Send Hobeeb a Yahoo! Message
Ok, been trying to get this to work for a week now...

Basically, I'm trying to get it so that the links that my users see is limited. I already got it so that if they ahven't logged on they see no links in the upper right hand corner, but now I'd like to set it up so that they see different links based on thier level of subscription (e.g. admin, moderator, user)...for some reason I cannot get it to work...) Here is the code, if anyone could help me out it'd be a life saver.

sub sForumNavigation()
	' DEM --> Added code to show the subscription line
	if strSubscription > 0 and strEmail = "1" then
		if mlev > 0 then
			strSql = "SELECT COUNT(*) AS MySubCount FROM " & strTablePrefix & "SUBSCRIPTIONS"
			strSql = strSql & " WHERE MEMBER_ID = " & MemberID
			set rsCount = my_Conn.Execute (strSql)
			if rsCount.BOF or rsCount.EOF then
				' No Subscriptions found, do nothing
				MySubCount = 0
				rsCount.Close
				set rsCount = nothing
			else
				MySubCount = rsCount("MySubCount")
				rsCount.Close
				set rsCount = nothing
			end if
			if mLev = 4 then
				strSql = "SELECT COUNT(*) AS SubCount FROM " & strTablePrefix & "SUBSCRIPTIONS"
				set rsCount = my_Conn.Execute (strSql)
				if rsCount.BOF or rsCount.EOF then
					' No Subscriptions found, do nothing
					SubCount = 0
					rsCount.Close
					set rsCount = nothing
				else
					SubCount = rsCount("SubCount")
					rsCount.Close
					set rsCount = nothing
				end if
			end if
		else
			SubCount = 0
			MySubCount = 0
		end if
	else
		SubCount = 0
		MySubCount = 0
	end if
	Response.Write	"          <a href=""" & strHomeURL & """" & dWStatus("Homepage") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Homepage"">Home</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _
			"          |" & vbNewline
	if strUseExtendedProfile then 
		Response.Write	"          <a href=""pop_profile.asp?mode=Edit""" & dWStatus("Edit your personal profile...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Edit your personal profile..."">Profile</acronym></a>" & vbNewline
	else
		Response.Write	"          <a href=""javascript:openWindow3('pop_profile.asp?mode=Edit')""" & dWStatus("Edit your personal profile...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Edit your personal profile..."">Profile</acronym></a>" & vbNewline
	end if 
	if strAutoLogon <> "1" then
		if strProhibitNewMembers <> "1" then

if mlev > 1 then
Response.Write	"          |" & vbNewline & _
					"          <a href=""policy.asp""" & dWStatus("Register to post to our forum...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Register to post to our forum..."">Register</acronym></a>" & vbNewline
		end if
	end if

if mlev > 1 then
			"          <a href=""active.asp""" & dWStatus("See what topics have been active since your last visit...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""See what topics have been active since your last visit..."">Active Topics</acronym></a>" & vbNewline 

end if 

' DEM --> Start of code added to show subscriptions if they exist
	if (strSubscription > 0) then
		if mlev = 4 and SubCount > 0 then
					"          <a href=""subscription_list.asp?MODE=all""" & dWStatus("See all current subscriptions") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""See all current subscriptions"">All Subscriptions</acronym></a>" & vbNewline
		end if
		if MySubCount > 0 then
					"          <a href=""subscription_list.asp""" & dWStatus("See all of your subscriptions") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""See all of your subscriptions"">My Subscriptions</acronym></a>" & vbNewline
		end if
	end if
	' DEM --> End of Code added to show subscriptions if they exist

if mlev > 1 then

"          <a href=""members.asp""" & dWStatus("Current members of these forums...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Current members of these forums..."">Members</acronym></a>" & vbNewline

end if 
			Response.write "          |" & vbNewline & _
			"          <a href=""search.asp"
	if Request.QueryString("FORUM_ID") <> "" then Response.Write("?FORUM_ID=" & cLng(Request.QueryString("FORUM_ID")))
end if 	
Response.Write	"""" & dWStatus("Perform a search by keyword, date, and/or name...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Perform a search by keyword, date, and/or name..."">Search</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _
			"          |" & vbNewline & _
			"          <a href=""faq.asp""" & dWStatus("Answers to Frequently Asked Questions...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Answers to Frequently Asked Questions..."">FAQ</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _

"          <a href=""post.asp?method=Topic&project=1&FORUM_ID=2""" & dWStatus("Post a new project...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Post a new project..."">Post a New Project</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _

"          <a href=""forum.asp?FORUM_ID=2""" & dWStatus("View Projects...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Read Projects..."">View Projects</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _
		"          " & vbNewline

end sub

Whew, pain in the a**...

Anyone that could help me out, thanks in advance.

Vin

Edited by - ruirib on 01 May 2003 12:08:03

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2003 :  12:25:14  Show Profile
It seems you are setting these links to be viewed by admins and moderators only. mLev > 1 means only admins and moderators.

What links do you want to be hidden and from who?
What's wrong with your code now?

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

DavidRhodes

United Kingdom
1222 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2003 :  12:26:17  Show Profile
use the mlev variable
mlev = 0 not logged in
mlev = 2 logged in
mlev = 3 moderator
mlev = 4 admin

The UK MkIVs Forum
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2003 :  12:28:48  Show Profile
David, that's not correct. The mLev variable gets it's value from the M_LEVEL field in the database. The following info is taken from the Snitz Forums Mod Guide:
quote:
Field Name: M_LEVEL

Long Name: Member Level

Data Type [Access, MS SQL, MySQL]: Small Integer [SMALLINT, SMALLINT, SMALLINT(6)]

Default Value: 1 (Access and MySQL DB only)

Allow Nulls: Yes

Description: Holds the level of authority the member has on the forum.

Possible Values:
-1 - The members' account is still pending approval. When approved, this level will change to the normal user level.
1 - Normal User
2 - Moderator
3 - Administrator

NOTE: There is no default value set for this field for the MS SQL database.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

Hobeeb
Starting Member

17 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2003 :  13:04:11  Show Profile  Send Hobeeb an AOL message  Send Hobeeb a Yahoo! Message
Well, I want the Admin/moderators to see all the links, but I want the general users to see only:

Home, Profile, View Projects, Post a New Project, FAQ, and Search

For some reason, the code won't work - it shows all the links regardless of what level user I log in as.
Go to Top of Page

jstewar
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2003 :  14:50:38  Show Profile
I used code like the following to set my members link to only be viewed by moderators and admins. I have a m_level of 5, that is also a restricted level, so I couldn't leave it with just the > sign. Otherwise, the > sign for mlev > 2 should also work. I also did this for the register link and it seems to work ok for me.
Good luck.
Jennifer

If mlev = 3 or mlev = 4 then

Response.write "<a href=""members.asp""" & dWStatus("Current members of these forums...") & " tabindex=""-1""><acronym title=""Current members of these forums..."">Members</acronym></a>" & vbNewline & _
" |" & vbNewline
End If
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07