New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2003 :  19:06:23  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I currently have an upload feature on my forum, but at times there are those members that post rather large images which stretch the topic out and make it very annoying to read the rest of the thread.

Well I just returned from DSL Reports website and flipping through their forum I noticed they have a feature where someone posted an image attachment within the forum which is displayed at a smaller (thumbnail) size. You can then click on the image to see the full size of it. I think this may be an easy addition to the posting upload mod but would like some input on things they would like to see added to a feature like this.

Take a look here first:

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,3806194~root=wakeonlan~mode=flat

wii
Free ASP Hosts Moderator

Denmark
2632 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2003 :  19:39:03  Show Profile
Well, the photoalbum MOD creates a thumbnail, maybe you can use the code for this in the forum posts?
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 25 April 2003 :  22:09:27  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
the photoalbum mod only resizes the images and not very nicely ...

Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2003 :  03:52:40  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
Thats a great idea, makes the topic look alot neater.

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

wii
Free ASP Hosts Moderator

Denmark
2632 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2003 :  06:03:10  Show Profile
It does create a thumbnail, I´m not talking about the photoalbum I started but the MOD that for example SH uses.
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 26 April 2003 :  12:06:04  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wii

It does create a thumbnail, I´m not talking about the photoalbum I started but the MOD that for example SH uses.

that's the one I am using at my site as well (see bottom of main page). the coding in it is pretty bad and all it does is resize it, not resample it. although I am not necessarily looking to resample the image... the one shn forums and I are using did include a feature for using some program to create thumbnails with it, but the product that it used was not free and not included in the download.

Go to Top of Page

Wizz

United Kingdom
70 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2003 :  18:33:01  Show Profile
As far as I know, resampling the image can only be done server side and requires a component to do the manipulation. Or you can use .NET code to perform the sampling, otherwise there is no pure code in asp that can do it.

www.promotioncity.co.uk - A cost effective solution for Promoters, DJ's and MC's. Clubbing Pics, Chat, Forums, Raving/Clubbing Guide, A-Z Clubs & Winebars listing etc + much more!
Go to Top of Page

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 27 April 2003 :  23:53:16  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
^^^ there is a program I mentioned earlier in this thread that came with the Photo Album mod that executes and creates thumbnails. I never said pure asp could do it.

Go to Top of Page

Etymon
Advanced Member

United States
2385 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2003 :  00:11:46  Show Profile  Visit Etymon's Homepage

Dayve,

How hard would it be to add this feature to a MOD. I also like Doug's script! Are you thinking of combining the two?

If you are still interested in creating this MOD. I would like to see it.

Thanks for the support,

Etymon
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07