New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

codedog
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2003 :  20:49:45  Show Profile  Visit codedog's Homepage
I have searched the fourms and can't find what I am looking for. I did see a mod that allows univeral login or two, but I don't want all the changes that would be required that comes with them. I have a page outside of the fourm that I want only authenticated (to my snitz forum) users to access. How does snitz know when someone is logged in? Can I use this code on another asp page to check if the user is logged in to snitz? I don't want them to have to log in again if they are already logged in to snitz.

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2003 :  07:35:11  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
I'm looking for this too.. Also I want to display what username I'm currently logged in with on that page..

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule
Dev. Team Member & Support Moderator

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2003 :  07:39:49  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
Have you tried the Universal Login MOD?

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33125
http://www.snitzbitz.com/mods/details.asp?Version=All&mid=71

My MODs:
Birthdays - Custom Policy - F.A.Q. Administration - Forum Rules - Guestbook
Links Manager - MyOwnGoogle - Profile Views - Search Log - WebSearch

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2003 :  08:29:27  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
Codedog wrote this:
"I did see a mod that allows univeral login or two, but I don't want all the changes that would be required that comes with them."

I checked alittle on the universal login mod but it seems alittle too advanced for what I try to do..

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2003 :  08:52:14  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
I would go though the Universal Login code and see how it works, so you can use only the code you need.
Also, the MOD's readme file gives you some info what forum files you have to include in order to get it working.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Forum and MOD Installation - MOD Installation Guide - Snitz v3.4.05 Readme - Free ASP Hosts - Support Snitz
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2003 :  09:00:35  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by tribaliztic

I'm looking for this too.. Also I want to display what username I'm currently logged in with on that page..

If you have set cookies to "website" you can get the Username by

strLoggedMembername = Request.Cookies("Snitz00User")("Name")

Hope that helps.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2003 :  09:24:56  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
Well.. to use "strLoggedMembername" I have to include some files, but the webshop (that's my external page) reloads when one click on an article. Then there is an errormsg because the includes are loaded twice.. If someone want to have a closer look at what I mean I can give you the link, don't want to paste it here in public...

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2003 :  09:42:28  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
You need these files included in the page:

inc_sha256.asp
config.asp
inc_func_secure.asp
inc_header.asp

What error message do you get?

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2003 :  09:57:35  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0411'

Name redefined

inc_adovbs.asp, line 14

Const adOpenForwardOnly = 0
------^

This is because the page is reloaded when I click on a link I suppose...

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

OneWayMule

Austria
4969 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2003 :  10:18:43  Show Profile  Visit OneWayMule's Homepage  Send OneWayMule an ICQ Message
What files are included in that page?

adOpenForwardOnly should only be defined in inc_adovbs.asp, which is included by config.asp...

Check your files where else it is defined.

My MODs:

Useful stuff:
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2003 :  10:58:59  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
it's from config.asp, it is included twice.. because of the page reloading..
But maybe a friend came up with a solution, I'll check this tonight and come back to you tomorrow! =)

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

Kat
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2003 :  11:18:13  Show Profile  Visit Kat's Homepage
If it is included twice you will get a problem because you are effectively redefining the functions..

KatsKorner

Installation Help | Snitz Mods | Forum Hosting
Go to Top of Page

tribaliztic

Sweden
1532 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2003 :  11:42:11  Show Profile  Visit tribaliztic's Homepage  Send tribaliztic an ICQ Message
It wasn't included twice, but because the page reloaded it was the same result..
I solved my problem with putting the webshop in an iframe! Simple but effective.

/Tribaliztic
- www.gotlandrace.se -
Go to Top of Page

codedog
Starting Member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2003 :  12:36:12  Show Profile  Visit codedog's Homepage
I ended up using the Univeral login mod, it did do the trick. The biggest issue was I didn't have my fourm in the /forum directory (which the docs clearly state it must be to work). After spending quite a bit of time on it, I renamed my directory (I hate being a conformist!), and now it is working. Thanks everyone for the feedback!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07