Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

beso

Finland
63 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2003 :  23:50:19  Show Profile  Visit beso's Homepage
"BPG Smart Publish // Light" is independent CMS (Content Management System) application. It can be used as eMagazine, EJournal, eNewsPaper - now ported with Snitz forums on the level of users and users comments (topic replies).

Customer target for this free application MOD project can be scientific, university and public organizations and communities. Application can provide up to 100% of features for INTERACTIVE and DYNAMIC eJourna/eMagazine/News -- and ported with Snitz Forums as interactive News Letter Board and Portal - operatively managed by minimal staff; using only browser. New project can be classified as public beta version and is hosting testing Demo site. Application is for IIS/ASP and VB, Access database (SQL Server version also beta test).

Application was designed having needs of scientific publications (intensive and integrated usage of Articles) in the mind. Smart Publish can be easily integrated with existing Snitz MODed site, and with popular ASP Forum and Portal applications.

Demo site is ported with "Image Forum" modded international Forum/Portal, but any Snitz configuration can be used.

MOD/Port is on stage of initial testing and bug correction (no download till mid of Apr.).

Demo & Download site >>http://bpg.sytes.net

Sites using BPG Smart Publish:
http://www.odpotuj.net/

Sites using Smart Publish (ported with MegaBBS):
"Georgian Sports" http://bpg.sytes.net/Sports/default.asp
"Georgian Web Review" http://bpg.sytes.net/GeoWeb/
"Cveneburi.Net" http://www.chveneburi.net/GeoWeb/
"Echo" http://bpg.sytes.net/echo/default.asp

Edited by - beso on 10 August 2003 08:58:00

dayve
Forum Moderator

USA
5820 Posts

Posted - 30 March 2003 :  02:22:55  Show Profile  Visit dayve's Homepage
I have to be honest with you... it doesn't look that good.

Go to Top of Page

beso

Finland
63 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2003 :  03:30:22  Show Profile  Visit beso's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by dayve

I have to be honest with you... it doesn't look that good.

May be this is one of the est CMS among FREE ones...
thnkz to be honest, dayve

Edited by - beso on 02 April 2003 23:59:25
Go to Top of Page

blackinwhite
Average Member

Turkey
657 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2003 :  04:06:31  Show Profile
wow man, i like it very much.

i'll be wating for the download.
Go to Top of Page

serritzlev

Denmark
291 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2003 :  04:52:38  Show Profile  Visit serritzlev's Homepage
Yes it is great but the link to that here (Demo site is ported with "Image Forum" modded international Forum/Portal, but any Snitz configuration can be used.) I cant sen it on image forum lets me sen it in an integrate snitz thanks.

Go to Top of Page

beso

Finland
63 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2003 :  05:07:22  Show Profile  Visit beso's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by serritzlev

Yes it is great but the link to that here (Demo site is ported with "Image Forum" modded international Forum/Portal, but any Snitz configuration can be used.) I cant sen it on image forum lets me sen it in an integrate snitz thanks.

"Image Forum" is MODed Snitz Forum (like you are using at yours http://www.assy.dk/),

see: http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40765

so

"Image Forum" = "Snitz Forum +"
and, Smart Publish can be ported with yours forum (when avaliable for download...)

I have choose "Image Forum" becouse it is internationalized version (I plan to make internationalized = Unicode version of "Smart Publish")

Edited by - beso on 02 April 2003 23:59:46
Go to Top of Page

serritzlev

Denmark
291 Posts

Posted - 31 March 2003 :  11:50:56  Show Profile  Visit serritzlev's Homepage
That is ok i am intrest to it that time it is redy to it i have look on it and it is great but now i am testing crash forums mybi i use it in forture i have look on forumimage try the old v4.02 but it is to slow and the new white skins there is no mod to it and it use codes is the old v3.3 there is only multi langury mybi images is bether that day it is finish and it is not so easy to shift from sh to another lets se what there is comming in future to day is crash that there have most mod include i have spendt lot of tim to ad some to sh and there is still mising some to integrate in it i am still newbe to that.

Go to Top of Page

DJBBIZ

214 Posts

Posted - 01 April 2003 :  21:06:59  Show Profile  Visit DJBBIZ's Homepage
I agree with dayve, it looks like it has a comprehensive backend but it does not look so good. I think @tomic has gone a long way to creating a well integrated article mod but I know it still needs work, but at least it looks good and has a backend. This product creates more of a research tool by categorizing and indexing the documents for e-publishing and future retrieval but so far comes up short on being a user-friendly emagazine product. But that is only by a relatively quick look and you can't judge a book by its cover. Given that it is ASP based I am sure it can be highly customized and integrated and is probably worth a closer look if this is something you need.

"The difference between good ideas and good results is performance"
the management institute | tmiFinance | tmiCreative | ProfileOnDemand
Go to Top of Page

beso

Finland
63 Posts

Posted - 02 April 2003 :  08:59:47  Show Profile  Visit beso's Homepage
DJBBIZ thank you for objective approach while review "Smart Publish"…

This application is not like public forums where users are adding information. Using Smart Publish – information/articles are to be added by editorial staff (formal or nonformal). This is giving opportunity to use - not forum code or restricted HTML coding – but full HTML, inline JavaScript and forms inside content of Article. This is a big difference of Smart Publish and forums oriented simple FrontPage News and Articles subsystems you pointed.

Second point for constructing this application was “integrity” – one way entering of information and many ways of intensive usage – which is impossible without intensive contextual indexing – which is absolutely unknown by Forums and Portals Front Page News and Articles subsystems. I do not know even any free journal application which has this feature.

Third point is to support Unicode oriented eJournal sites (there are only few and expensive eJournal applications having full Unicode support – if any free). So, basic target for Smart Publish are Unicode oriented pure states and nations (who really need FREE applications) – not rich Latin or ANSI/ASCII oriented Western states…

In beta version of Smart Publish you can not see also unique virtual keyboard and dynamic fonts support of Smart Publish – giving opportunity to use rare keyboards and fonts…
See:
http://qseli.net/GeoWeb
http://chveneburi.net

I have a long - 25 years experience of work with editorial staff and near 20 years experience of computerized editing systems in the field of now Unicode oriented languages. Knowing editors and authors (most of them have only basic knowledge of computer tacks) – I decide to diversify roles of Admin, Editor and Author – giving Author only rights to add and edit his/her own articles and upload images. This role is to be maximally easy (usage of only two enter/edit forms). Diversification also is rare feature among free eJournal applications.

So, strong points of “Smart Publish” are to be its unique features… And it is FREE…

P.S. I have posted about "Smart Publish" here as it is ported with Unicoded Snitz forum (of "Image"), but if internationalization and Unicode support would be stopped here, then Unicoded "Smart Publish" can't be effectively used together with Snitz Forums

Honestly I advise to use Smart Publish ONLY
1. If you plan to build enterprise like eJournal with volume of articles (not 100 or 200), or
2. If your articles are richtext - full HTML, etc...

Edited by - beso on 06 April 2003 20:09:19
Go to Top of Page

beso

Finland
63 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2003 :  07:45:45  Show Profile  Visit beso's Homepage
Smart Publish II Light ported with "Image Portal"
http://qseli.net/sp/image/portal_content.asp

About source:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40765

Go to Top of Page

beso

Finland
63 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2003 :  07:47:30  Show Profile  Visit beso's Homepage
Smart Publish Light II ported with "Server Hacker's Portal":
http://qseli.net/spport/forum/sitenews.asp

About source:
http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=37025

Edited by - beso on 06 April 2003 07:49:03
Go to Top of Page

beso

Finland
63 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2003 :  07:59:49  Show Profile  Visit beso's Homepage
Porting conclusions:

"Image Portal" tested is of v.3.3.x and "Serverhacker Portal" is of v.3.4.x (different password services - v.3.4.x neads "inc_sha256.asp" support)

Both Portal MODs are easy to install but Serverhacker's MOD neads little more tuning. Generally both have done big work...

From the point of internalizatiion Image's is favorable

Go to Top of Page

serritzlev

Denmark
291 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2003 :  18:33:07  Show Profile  Visit serritzlev's Homepage
Hi beso can you mail that file you have make to sh mode forum i can sen you have works wery hard to do it but why do the jobs to time and mybi i one day use image forum but just now i use serverhacker that is my favorit.

Go to Top of Page

beso

Finland
63 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2003 :  19:36:18  Show Profile  Visit beso's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by serritzlev

Hi beso can you mail that file you have make to sh mode forum i can sen you have works wery hard to do it but why do the jobs to time and mybi i one day use image forum but just now i use serverhacker that is my favorit.

Hi serritzlev

"Smart Publish" is independent application and is ported with Snitz based MODed versions. So, to use it you are to download all Smart Publish application (last version and patches), install it together with moded Snitz portal and make small changes.

1. In the Middle column of Portal's Home page - add this:
<!-- #include file = "../includes/include_articles_list_portal.asp"-->
<!-- #include file = "inc_spacer.asp" -->

2. In Portal's "inc_header.asp" ("inc_top.asp") make link to "Smart Publish"

3. In Smart Publish's "includes/inc_comments_snitz.asp" to correct (comment/uncomment) lines
' ##### Forum Version used -- uncoment #####
' vTxtForumVersion = "33"
vTxtForumVersion = "34"

' ##### Paths to FORUM and JOURNAL --- to edit #####
vTxtForumPath = "../forum/"
vTxtJournalPath = "../journal/"

4. Forum/Portal cookies is to be set to site (not to forum)

I have spent 10 minutes to port Smart Publish with "Image" or "Server Hacker" portals...

Go to Top of Page

DJBBIZ

214 Posts

Posted - 19 April 2003 :  13:54:03  Show Profile  Visit DJBBIZ's Homepage
I continue to study the various article, ezine, content management...mods/scripts around and they all offer many different features and obviously this one is a more professional journal approach to the various options. I would like to test and play with it to see how it integrates with the ServerHacker Portal.

I see from the site that there is a SQL Server version but no live link to get it. Do you have the SQL script to create the tables?

Additionally, if I understand what I am reading correctly, this program overshadows the portal in the directory structure. It appears that the Forum folder becomes a subdirectory/folder of the Smart Publish folder structure and site.

From what I see, this appears like a second content management site that links to the Snitz portals, but has no real integration other than a topic post. Is there any shared tables? The Smart Publish site shown here has no design features that are picked up from the portal configurations, such as colors, backgrounds... The include files for the main page begin to look like an integrated content feature, but then when you select a link you look like you have entered an entirely different site. In order to get solid acceptance here, it would have to have a better ability to integrate the look and feel of the portal. I realize the articles can be highly customized to look any way you choose, but can the infrustructure that surrounds the content be made to pick up the portal/forum variables so it has an integrated look/feel?

Go to Top of Page

DJBBIZ

214 Posts

Posted - 19 April 2003 :  15:02:01  Show Profile  Visit DJBBIZ's Homepage
I am starting to understand some things better after having spent some time on your site. I realize the directory structure required now as stated above and the include links to the portal. Since many of the example sites are foreign languages for me, it is hard to gain an appreciation for what kind of look and integration has been created.

I have found some SQL db files but I am not sure that they are or are not replaced by the latest download. Sometimes SQL languages must be changed for Access, MySQL and MS SQL Server. As such is the latest SQL download the correct one to use, or should I use that database with the latest code download...?

It looks like the site is laid out similarly to many of the other article mods located here, but unfortunately the article examples are so simple and don't use any of the rich editing techniques that your system allows that it looks no different than the other article management systems. And in fact none of the sample articles were any more rich looking then @tomic's article mod. As such, if the system can do what your features says it can, I would put at least one super-sample with a very rich looking format to show off the differences. Additionally, much of the site is laid out with 2 columns and looks like the basic forum rather than an Ezine. How hard is it to layout like a 3 column magazine of a journal with multiple articles and continue reading links...similar to a business week or Wall Street journal...this is one of the features of the sitenews page in the ServerHacker portal that gives it a rich content look and gives the user lots of sample information to choose from...creates a sticky page they keep coming back to. This may have to be done with includes seperate from your main page but would add some warmth and texture to the look and feel. Right now the sample sight is a little cold and sterile and may appeal more to certain audiences looking for fast raw article research, but not a forum member or a reader of ezines, enews...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07