Mod request: Disapprove Members Pending Email
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris Yew

134 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2003 :  04:51:02  Show Profile
Hi,

I'm using Snitz Ver.3.4.03. Under the Members Pending, if I will to disapprove any newly registered members, will they receive any email informing them that their registration is disapprove?

If there isn't any email send out to them, is there any mod that cater for this?

Thank you.

Chris Yew

Edited by - ruirib on 14 March 2003 13:39:29

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2003 :  06:48:53  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
There is no email and I know no mod that does this.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

Chris Yew

134 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2003 :  09:07:03  Show Profile
Thanks for your reply Ruirib.

But wouldn't it better if the disapproved member also be able to receive an email from the forum? Is there anyway to have this done?

Thank you.
Chris Yew
Go to Top of Page

ruirib
Snitz Forums Admin

Portugal
26364 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2003 :  13:39:09  Show Profile  Send ruirib a Yahoo! Message
Moving this to the MOD W/O Code forum.

Snitz 3.4 Readme | Like the support? Support Snitz too
Go to Top of Page

spyordie007

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2003 :  13:43:37  Show Profile  Visit spyordie007's Homepage  Send spyordie007 an AOL message
the only reasons that I can think of that you would want to remove them would be if they had been in there for a long time and never actually joined or if they had entered an incorrect e-mail address.

In either case I cant think of any situations that I would really want to have e-mail sent out, is there something else that I'm missing here?

-Spy

Power - The only narcotic controlled by the SEC, not the FDA.

Prosperity without pollution! The American Hydrogen Association - http://www.ahanw.org
Questions about Hydrogen? Post them on our forum - http://www.ahanw.org/forum
Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2003 :  15:45:50  Show Profile
When Restrict Registration is set to On, No email is sent to the Members on registration. An email is sent to the newly registered members(with activation key) when Admins approve the registration. If registration is rejected, no email is sent ? Chris wants to have that feature and it is a good idea.
Go to Top of Page

spyordie007

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 14 March 2003 :  16:06:44  Show Profile  Visit spyordie007's Homepage  Send spyordie007 an AOL message
oh okay, that makes sense now.

Thanks GauravBhabu!

-Spy

Power - The only narcotic controlled by the SEC, not the FDA.

Prosperity without pollution! The American Hydrogen Association - http://www.ahanw.org
Questions about Hydrogen? Post them on our forum - http://www.ahanw.org/forum
Go to Top of Page

Chris Yew

134 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2003 :  07:55:47  Show Profile
Thanks GauravBhabu!

Yes, my club's forum is opened to public but we will only approve those who register using their Realname instead of Nicks for the Username. As ours is a fish hobbyists club, we prefer to know each other by the Realname.

Thus whenever someone register using a Nick, we will delete (disapprove) his registration. And those who are disapprove never receive an email from us thus they will wonder what happen unless we have to send an email to them one by one.

If those who are deleted will also receive an email similar to those who are approved, then it will really be great.

Hope that someone can find time to carry out this mod. Thank you.

Chris Yew
http://www.bettaclub.org.sg/forum/default.asp
Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2003 :  08:31:53  Show Profile
Why don't you make the First Name and last name fields Required (requires some changes in code), This way no one will be able to register unless they provide that information.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Yew

134 Posts

Posted - 18 March 2003 :  08:09:55  Show Profile
But that will not resolve the problem of them using their Nicks as the Username. Moreover, all the post are identified by the Username instead of the First and Last name.

quote:
Originally posted by GauravBhabu

Why don't you make the First Name and last name fields Required (requires some changes in code), This way no one will be able to register unless they provide that information.

Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 18 March 2003 :  09:02:51  Show Profile
Easy way to achieve what you want is to make the First Name and Last Name fields required and save the FirstName & LastName combination as username.
Hide the username field in registration form
Modify the register.asp, inc_profile.asp and pop_profile.asp to take the values from First Name and Last Name fields as username.
Go to Top of Page

Chris Yew

134 Posts

Posted - 19 March 2003 :  01:28:28  Show Profile
That's really a good idea but I've to be careful in the modification of those script since I'm a layman in such. Will try it out though it's gonna take me a longer time, haha.

BTW, will that affect the Usernames of those who have already been approved and posting in the forum?

quote:
Originally posted by GauravBhabu

Easy way to achieve what you want is to make the First Name and Last Name fields required and save the FirstName & LastName combination as username.
Hide the username field in registration form
Modify the register.asp, inc_profile.asp and pop_profile.asp to take the values from First Name and Last Name fields as username.

Go to Top of Page

volition
Starting Member

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 04 August 2003 :  14:20:06  Show Profile  Visit volition's Homepage
Without changing the code too much, you can just put the star (required) next to the First Name and Last Name fields on the form. The form will go through even if they leave them blank, but they should not be surprised when they never get the confirmation letter.

Volition® - The Net's Oldest Free-Stuff Site

Snitz Forum at http://forum.volition.com/
Go to Top of Page

gelliott

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 05 August 2003 :  13:13:17  Show Profile
Chris, see the fourth and fifth posts at the following link on how to make a field mandatory:

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=41533&SearchTerms=required,fields

As far as combining the two, look for the following code around line 200 or so in register.asp:
strEncodedPassword = sha256("" & trim(Request.Form("Password")))

This is where you want to combine the two, since shortly after this point the code checks the username for disallowed characters, words, existing matches, etc. After the above code, you could simply put the following line:
tmpUsrName = trim(Request.Form("FirstName")) & trim(Request.Form("LastName"))

However, you would also need to find all the instances of Request.Form("Name") and replace it with tmpUsrName instead.

(edited for typo)

* The optimist says the cup is half full. The pessimist says it's half empty. But the engineer knows the truth - the cup's design is incorrectly sized.

Edited by - gelliott on 05 August 2003 13:15:31
Go to Top of Page

Ez4arab

479 Posts

Posted - 05 August 2003 :  13:44:18  Show Profile  Visit Ez4arab's Homepage
you can look to this mod made by me :)
Inform deleted pending members

Ez4arab web site Ez4arab |
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.42 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07