Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

potatohead
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2003 :  05:18:46  Show Profile
>> Why not start with a fresh register.asp page and learn "how to fish"?

I'm trying but keep getting lost It has been a while since I looked at the code in the fourm software. I am not ASP / code proficient and my other mods have always been cut and paste jobs.
I'll try a fresh register.asp but am concerned it will 'break' something in my forum.

>> Are you sure that users get the e-mail?
yes. After the admin approves the registration, the email is sent to the user with the link to activate. The link works and the user can begin posting.

>> It can be the case that the e-mail server does not allow e-mails sent to self.
It does.

>> Try this in the added code:
I changed the addresses to a real one but no joy. Same result. A user can register, admin apporves rego however no email is sent to the admin. I'll keep plugging at it but it's like hitting your head against a brick wall. It feels so good when you stop Thx for your help and the code.
Go to Top of Page

Deleted
deleted

4116 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2003 :  05:50:14  Show Profile
I sent you an e-mail...

Stop the WAR!
Go to Top of Page

Deleted
deleted

4116 Posts

Posted - 19 February 2003 :  08:44:51  Show Profile
OK, we solved this. The solution I posted above works if the registrations are NOT restricted. Here is the solution for his case (both E-Mail Validation AND Restrict Registration is ON):

else
			if strEmailVal = "1" then
				Response.Write	"      <p align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strHeaderFontSize & """>Your Registration Is Almost Complete!</font></p>" & vbNewLine
			'#######################################
				if strRestrictReg = "1" then
					Response.Write	"      <p align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>The Administrator has restricted registration on this forum. You will receive an e-mail as soon as the Administrator approves your request.</font></p>" & vbNewLine
					'################################### Administrator Notification Mod ########################
					strRecipients = strSender
					strRecipientsName = strForumTitle
					strFrom = strSender
					strFromName = strForumTitle
					strsubject = strForumTitle & " - NEW USER APPLIED "
					strMessage = "Hi Master, reporting a new registration attempt:" & vbNewLine 
					strMessage = strMessage & "Name:" & Request.Form("Name") & vbNewLine 
					strMessage = strMessage & "E-Mail:" & Request.Form("Email") & vbNewLine & vbNewLine
					strMessage = strMessage & "Click to reach the approval page: " & strForumURL & "admin_accounts_pending.asp " & vbNewLine & vbNewLine
					%>
					<!--#INCLUDE FILE="inc_mail.asp" -->
					<%
					'######################################################################################				else
					Response.Write	"      <p align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>Please follow the instructions in the e-mail that has been sent to <b>" & ChkString(Request.Form("Email"),"email") & "</b> to complete your registration.</font></p>" & vbNewLine
				end if
			'#######################################
		 	else
				Response.Write	"      <p align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strHeaderFontSize & """>Your Registration Has Been Completed!</font></p>" & vbNewLine & _
						"      <p align=""center""><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """>You may now begin posting"
				if strAuthType = "db" then Response.Write(" using your new UserName and Password")
				Response.Write	".</font></p>" & vbNewLine
			end if
	 	end if
		' #######################################################################

The above code is around lines 620-650 in register.asp, just insert the red ones...

Stop the WAR!
Go to Top of Page

potatohead
Starting Member

34 Posts

Posted - 26 February 2003 :  09:21:59  Show Profile
Hi all, I just wanted to report back that I have had this mod running for about a week and it works just fine. Emails are always sent to the admin to advise that new members are pending and everything's pretty funky !
Go to Top of Page

jamessl
Starting Member

United Kingdom
16 Posts

Posted - 23 April 2003 :  17:47:41  Show Profile  Visit jamessl's Homepage
So what did you end up doing? I too, am looking to implement this feature. I'm not an ASP programmer, although I am capable of copying and pasting code into an ASP page with Araneae. Was the MOD on SnitzBitz the key and if so, what are tricks and problems I should look out for?
Go to Top of Page

slw
Starting Member

10 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2003 :  23:31:45  Show Profile
Our organization recently downloaded a forum from Snitz.com.

Unfortunately, when people go to the community forum section of our site and register to become a member they are not being notified that their account has been activated.

After the individual(s) registers to become a member and I (the adminstrator) activate their account the individual is not receiving an email stating that the account has been activated. However, I am informed the following: Your Registration Has Been Completed!

You may now begin posting using your new UserName and Password.

This above message should be sent automatically to the new member, but instead the message appears once I activate the account. So, I am wondering what can be done to make sure that those registering are automatically notified once their account has been activated.

Addtionally, I recently had a friend register and when he did not receive an email notifying him that his account had been activated..I called him and informed him that I activated his account and then he logged onto the forum with his username and pasword. Unfortunately, I will not be able to call everybody who registers, so I am hoping you can help me find a solution.

Is there a coding issue which needs to be fixed by the person coding the script?

Also, is there a way to receive an email notfying me when there are members pending, so I do not have to logged on everyday?

Thank you for your assistance...
Go to Top of Page

jstewar
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2003 :  14:22:18  Show Profile
slw - To send the email I select approve, then I go back and select activate so their account works. If I don't select approve, then they don't receive an email and I have to do the individual emails like you did.
Jennifer
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07