Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 HTTP_REFERER and Looping
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Sergio Za
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2003 :  11:39:54  Show Profile
Hello GauravBhabu!!

Just one question regarding the "referrer" fix: Is it resolved in the current version SNITZ?

Cheers - Sergio.
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 08 October 2003 :  12:02:34  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
Beautiful! I have had a couple ppl tell me they couldnt register in the past and this should fix it. Thanks a ton!

The Poultry Link - "Serving the best of the fancy with the best of the web"
Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page

EliWen
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2003 :  10:55:46  Show Profile
Yep - just wanted to chime in with the rest of the people and say a BIG THANKS!!! Works like a charm for all my members who haven't been able to register! Thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

Astralis

USA
1218 Posts

Posted - 12 October 2003 :  16:57:39  Show Profile  Send Astralis a Yahoo! Message
Hmm...this is probably why my other non-Snitz sites where people need to log in keep telling me they can't register.

Guarav,

What would you recommend to go around this in other login codes? What should I look for?

Go to Top of Page

aspwiz

250 Posts

Posted - 11 November 2003 :  12:24:38  Show Profile  Visit aspwiz's Homepage
I have to agree that although this is not strictly speaking a 'bug' it should be treated as such. If people want not to disclose which site referred them to another site (disabling the HTTP_REFERRER) then that is up to them, surely. If Snitz was completly screwing the display in Opera, it would be treated as a bug!! I think because everyone would realise that someone's browser preference should be taken into account. Why then are people's privacy rights ignored?

If someone wants to disable HTTP_REFERRER, then Snitz forums should be able to handle it... period.

I strongly feel this should be in the base code.
Go to Top of Page

jimsau
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 05 December 2003 :  00:41:45  Show Profile
I have installed the fix from the first post after 1 in 10 people were being looped that I know of anyway.

Now the hit accept and end up on the forum page again. What is happening now?
Go to Top of Page

h1dd3n

92 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  14:02:48  Show Profile
god ****, people have got really confused over all of this
I think we need a basic tutorial by someone that states where the line is at the start and then how to change it. I cant do it because ive got no time to... also because i havent added this bit of code into my forum yet, or correctly speaking the snitz forum that I am using.
Any admins/developers able to help people out ere?
thanks.
Go to Top of Page

HuwR
Forum Admin

United Kingdom
20584 Posts

Posted - 03 January 2004 :  15:40:21  Show Profile  Visit HuwR's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by aspwiz

I have to agree that although this is not strictly speaking a 'bug' it should be treated as such. If people want not to disclose which site referred them to another site (disabling the HTTP_REFERRER) then that is up to them, surely. If Snitz was completly screwing the display in Opera, it would be treated as a bug!! I think because everyone would realise that someone's browser preference should be taken into account. Why then are people's privacy rights ignored?

If someone wants to disable HTTP_REFERRER, then Snitz forums should be able to handle it... period.

I strongly feel this should be in the base code.

You mean secrecy, there is NO valid reason to hide your referer.
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2004 :  09:55:25  Show Profile
I should mention, there is a mod that replaces the code Gauravbhabu's provided in this post.

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=50559

Probably could close this topic too.

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 19 January 2004 :  19:40:32  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by aspwiz

If Snitz was completly screwing the display in Opera, it would be treated as a bug!!
No, it wouldn't. It would be considered a bug in Opera and we would direct you to report it to the Opera developers.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07