Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 HTTP_REFERER and Looping
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 27 March 2003 :  18:00:54  Show Profile
The changes here are to address the problem of looping during registration process. What happens during login?

Edited by - GauravBhabu on 27 March 2003 18:01:22
Go to Top of Page

Glitch
Starting Member

Netherlands
8 Posts

Posted - 28 March 2003 :  02:30:36  Show Profile  Visit Glitch's Homepage
When i try to login with the admin account that is provided during installation of the main database i get keeping redirected to the login screen. When i turn off ZA pro and login it works fine and a cookie is created so i'm logged on every next visit.
But whem i'm logged on and try to go to admin options and need to supply the userID and password of the admin account again i get the same problem. I get keeping redirected to the login screen for admin options unless i turn of ZA pro. Only if i do this i can reach the admin options.

Thought this had to do with the same problem but if you think otherwise i'll believe you in a second. I've checked the community for same problems but everyone keeps reffering to the HTTP_REFERER, but i already tried your solution.

Let me know if you can figure out what i'm doing wrong.

Thanx in advance

Go to Top of Page

Glitch
Starting Member

Netherlands
8 Posts

Posted - 29 March 2003 :  03:15:56  Show Profile  Visit Glitch's Homepage
Hmm.. i just assigned my IP to the forum so i'm working online now and the problem seemed to be fixed.

Anyway, thanx for looking in to it.

Go to Top of Page

ajhvdb

Netherlands
392 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2003 :  16:20:35  Show Profile
Thank you and IMHO although it ain't a bug, this topic should have been moved to the Bug reports...
Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2003 :  16:49:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by ajhvdb

Thank you and IMHO although it ain't a bug, this topic should have been moved to the Bug reports...

No, it shouldn't. There are many topics about this and the problem lies with the firewall software, not snitz code. If anything, it should go in the MOD w/Code forum.

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page

ajhvdb

Netherlands
392 Posts

Posted - 06 April 2003 :  16:56:34  Show Profile
You are absolutely correct and not :)
Go to Top of Page

netsonic
Starting Member

Turkey
34 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2003 :  15:02:25  Show Profile  Send netsonic an ICQ Message
i had the same problem ...i realised that its coz of my zone alarm firewall...

i think u should write a warn message by editing the policy message...about turning of these kind of programmes...

snitz rullaz:)
Go to Top of Page

TestMagic

USA
1568 Posts

Posted - 20 April 2003 :  15:24:41  Show Profile  Visit TestMagic's Homepage
If you want to change the wording of policy.asp, check out what I'm using on my site:

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=43013&SearchTerms=policy.asp

Snitz rocks! · Search 2
Go to Top of Page

cmdr701
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 02 June 2003 :  17:03:26  Show Profile  Visit cmdr701's Homepage
Greetings all,

I am very new to the whole asp and forums thing. I am having the HTTP_REFERER problem as well. I want to use the fixes mentioned in this forum but just have a question. In the code for the inc_func_common.asp file, does it need to go in a specific place or can it go anywhere in the script. Thanks for helping...

Mike
Go to Top of Page

Panhandler
Average Member

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2003 :  11:00:24  Show Profile  Visit Panhandler's Homepage
I run into problems at line #103 - which is actually line #105 in my code (using Arenea as editor).
My code reads as follows at line 105 and 106:

<input name=""Refer"" type=""hidden"" value=""" & Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER") & """>" & vbNewLine & _
" <input name=""Submit"" type=""Submit"" value=""Agree"">" & vbNewLine & _

Your code shows as follows and now I'm confused. Where am I going wrong?
policy.asp

Modified Line 103 as shown below (in red) and added a new hidden field just below Line 103 highlighted in blue (strScriptname is defined and populated in inc_header.asp)
"<input name=""Refer"" type=""hidden"" value=""" & GetReferer() & """>" & vbNewLine & _
"<input name=""REFERER_PATH"" type=""hidden"" value=""" & strScriptName & """>" & vbNewLine & _
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2003 :  15:14:59  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
GauravBhabu,

I've a small MOD that aims to ease the registration process and I think this may be an excellent addition to it. Would you mind If I added this to the code. Of course, I'll credit you for your code.

Snitz 'Speedball' : Site Integration Mod : Friendly Registration Mod
"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"
Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 22 June 2003 :  16:28:56  Show Profile
Use the code as you wish.
Go to Top of Page

Sergio
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2003 :  10:37:43  Show Profile
Thanks for all the interest you are giving to this particular topic GauravBhabu!!

I guess I have a new one related to registration. After including the solution as stated in your 29 January 2003 : 15:14:23 message, >>>>>> My "AGREE" button DISAPPEARS!!!

I checked three times the correction and I believe I got it right...

Any guesses?
Go to Top of Page

GauravBhabu
Advanced Member

4288 Posts

Posted - 12 July 2003 :  11:58:41  Show Profile
Check again! may be you are missing a quote or there is an extra one.
Go to Top of Page

tinem

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 16 July 2003 :  13:04:20  Show Profile  Send tinem an ICQ Message
quote:
Originally posted by Panhandler

I run into problems at line #103 - which is actually line #105 in my code (using Arenea as editor).
My code reads as follows at line 105 and 106:

<input name=""Refer"" type=""hidden"" value=""" & Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_REFERER") & """>" & vbNewLine & _
" <input name=""Submit"" type=""Submit"" value=""Agree"">" & vbNewLine & _

Your code shows as follows and now I'm confused. Where am I going wrong?
policy.asp

Modified Line 103 as shown below (in red) and added a new hidden field just below Line 103 highlighted in blue (strScriptname is defined and populated in inc_header.asp)
"<input name=""Refer"" type=""hidden"" value=""" & GetReferer() & """>" & vbNewLine & _
"<input name=""REFERER_PATH"" type=""hidden"" value=""" & strScriptName & """>" & vbNewLine & _

I have the same code as you - what is the solution?

This account was hacked by that very honest guy, Image. Better take care with your personal data, if you register to his forums or he will hack into your account here, as well.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.35 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07