Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 This is the smalles mod so far, as what I know!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2001 :  09:39:00  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
Ok. This mod only ads one thing. In topic.asp, you can when viewing a topic see that it says "Author" and "Topic".

Instead of Topic, I wanted it to show the name of the topic, in this case "This is the smalles mod so far, as what I know!"

So I added this code:

quote:

<% if strShowTopicNav = "1" then Call Topic_nav() %><% =ChkString(Request.QueryString("Topic_Title"),"display") %>

Where it said:
quote:

<% if strShowTopicNav = "1" then Call Topic_nav() else Response.Write("Topic") end if%>

Wow! I've made my first mod! lol!

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2001 :  09:40:06  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
It works for me....... I think it will work in all situations.. couldn't be a bug for such a small mod, could it?
Go to Top of Page

Kat
Advanced Member

United Kingdom
3065 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2001 :  10:39:51  Show Profile  Visit Kat's Homepage
I did something very similar. Mine goes like this and it looks like we had the same idea!

quote:

<% if strShowTopicNav = "1" then Call Topic_nav()
else Response.Write(ChkString(Request.QueryString("Topic_Title"),"display")) end if%>

Well done StockholmStudent! btw - I don't consider this to be a bug. It is just a preference thing...

KatsKorner

Edited by - kat on 22 January 2001 10:41:07
Go to Top of Page

Nolltre.com
Starting Member

Sweden
14 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2001 :  13:18:04  Show Profile
Is this a mod? I hink it sux ;)

Nolltre.com - The one and only
Go to Top of Page

Kerry
Average Member

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2001 :  14:35:53  Show Profile  Visit Kerry's Homepage
Nice idea, StockholmStudent - could you post a link so we can see how it looks?

Thanks!
-Kerry

P.S. Noltre - while it's important to share what one thinks, it's more important to do so constructively and without tearing down another posters work. That's kinda the whole idea behind this forum.

Go to Top of Page

wii
Free ASP Hosts Moderator

Denmark
2632 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2001 :  16:02:30  Show Profile
this MOD exists already - check this out:

http://wii.trab.dk/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16&FORUM_ID=19&CAT_ID=13&Topic_Title=Just+testing+%21&Forum_Title=Alphaville

Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2001 :  16:59:06  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
way to go StockholmStudent, i give you the award for the only mod in history to be BUG FREE

Brad
Go to Top of Page

StockholmStudent

Sweden
329 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2001 :  17:47:26  Show Profile  Visit StockholmStudent's Homepage  Send StockholmStudent an ICQ Message
quote:

way to go StockholmStudent, i give you the award for the only mod in history to be BUG FREE

Brad

hehe! thanks! :)
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 22 January 2001 :  19:55:38  Show Profile
wii,

It was never released as a mod... I just added that for myself and included it in the file you downloaded. Plus I added the times viewed also.

btw the posted date and time is using the ActiveLinkColor, you might want to edit topic.asp and change it.
Go to Top of Page

bjlt

1144 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2001 :  03:41:40  Show Profile
I'd like to see more on the topic area:

Original Author,
First post date,
last post date,
last post date of the original author,
total hit,
rating (with the rating mod)

We can asign letters representing each of them, eg.
Topic content by Orgiinal Author at first post date,
OAL (original author last post date) mmddyyyy
L: (last post date) mmddyyyy
h: (hit) xxxx
stars or what ever for ratings. an easy option for the admin to chose which to display will be handy.

I need this because it's important to know what the original author say and when he first/last post. total hits, rating, etc will also help the viewer to better understanding the post. Exp in a long topic.

Go to Top of Page

Rob Poretti

Canada
435 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2001 :  12:57:20  Show Profile  Visit Rob Poretti's Homepage
quote:

Hi Noltre,

You've made these kinds of "inflammatory" statements in other forum topics before....
and in each case, you've been asked very diplomatically to be civil when you express
your points of view. Yet you continue to do so...

It might be "your way" but I hope you reconsider... people are generally here to help each other and educate themselves...

Thats all...

Cheers!

Rob Poretti
Sascom Marketing Group ~ Toronto
vox.905.825.5373 fax.905.825.5960
Go to Top of Page

CHEETAH

Sweden
60 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2001 :  14:49:52  Show Profile  Visit CHEETAH's Homepage  Send CHEETAH an ICQ Message
Well Rob, I can't do anything but agreeing. That user recently closed down his whole homepage... he has very bad temper... tried to work with him for a while.. :) But well..... I think he is gone now.

ci vediamo
/CHEETAH
Go to Top of Page

blackinwhite
Average Member

Turkey
657 Posts

Posted - 14 April 2001 :  15:07:39  Show Profile
quote:

quote:

Hi Noltre,

You've made these kinds of "inflammatory" statements in other forum topics before....
and in each case, you've been asked very diplomatically to be civil when you express
your points of view. Yet you continue to do so...

It might be "your way" but I hope you reconsider... people are generally here to help each other and educate themselves...

Thats all...

Cheers!

Rob Poretti
Sascom Marketing Group ~ Toronto
vox.905.825.5373 fax.905.825.5960

I sign under that as it is.

Go to Top of Page

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2001 :  14:24:47  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
For those who have the nav buttons on, what do I need to change this to in line 737:

Response.Write (prevTopic & "<b><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """> Topic </font></b>" & nextTopic)

This part here:  Topic 
is where I want the "Topic" to instead say the name of the Topic. What do I change it to. (I know it's simple, but I've tried a few things, and only broke it...

Go to Top of Page

semifamous
Starting Member

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2001 :  15:25:06  Show Profile  Visit semifamous's Homepage  Send semifamous an ICQ Message
nevermind. Found my answer. Change the line above to say this instead:

Response.Write (prevTopic & "<b><b><font face=""" & strDefaultFontFace & """ size=""" & strDefaultFontSize & """ color=""" & strHeadFontColor & """> " & ChkString(Request.QueryString("Topic_Title"),"display") & " </font></b>" & nextTopic)

I'm learning! I like learning...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.21 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07