Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 MOD: Private Messages (another re-release w/fixes)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 24 January 2001 :  02:26:39  Show Profile
basically all the privatemess.asp file is, is 2 table rows. Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

Matthew

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 24 January 2001 :  18:30:17  Show Profile  Visit Matthew's Homepage  Send Matthew an AOL message  Send Matthew a Yahoo! Message
I got it to work but I kinda broke something. Could someone tell me what I did wrong?
Just go here and look at my forum. At the top you will notice one of my color background goes over the top of my forum now. I can't figure out how to fix it.

forum is here http://www.thehottub.net/forums/hottub

the file I edited is here http://www.thehottub.net/forums/hottub/privatemess.txt

The only thing I edited is all the way at the end. Can't miss it.

Matt
If everything seems to be going your way, you have obviously overlooked something.
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 24 January 2001 :  22:41:07  Show Profile
At the bottom of your privatemess.asp file you have an open <td> that doesn't have a closing </td> or a closing </tr>
Go to Top of Page

Matthew

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2001 :  01:23:10  Show Profile  Visit Matthew's Homepage  Send Matthew an AOL message  Send Matthew a Yahoo! Message
Added them same problem. Do they need to be in a certain spot? I just added them both at the bottom.

Matt
If everything seems to be going your way, you have obviously overlooked something.
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2001 :  01:31:47  Show Profile
at the bottom of your privatemess.asp, try switching it so that it's in this order:

</td>
</tr>

Try taking out the <br> also.
Go to Top of Page

Matthew

USA
91 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2001 :  02:42:37  Show Profile  Visit Matthew's Homepage  Send Matthew an AOL message  Send Matthew a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Richard it was the <br> not the one at the bottom but the one towards the middle. Don't know how it got there but you got me in the right direction.

Matt
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2001 :  13:16:02  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
Is there a way to send a private message to multiple recipients? I'm not talking about private message to everyone...
ie,
send to: Slemiuex, Huwr, Richard
would send it to the 3 people.

- Alan
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2001 :  13:43:05  Show Profile
not at this time, sorry...
Go to Top of Page

Aznknight

USA
1373 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2001 :  13:51:25  Show Profile  Send Aznknight an AOL message  Send Aznknight an ICQ Message
thanks richard for the prompt reply.

okay, now how would someone go about making a design request for a mod? Or post a add-on to a mod? Do I do it by replying to this post?

- Alan
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2001 :  14:36:01  Show Profile
Yes those can be posted in this thread.
Go to Top of Page

jlaw

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 25 January 2001 :  16:57:18  Show Profile  Send jlaw an ICQ Message
hmm, weird...I was about to come ask the same question that Aznknight just asked...hehe, oh well...at least it was answered.

Go to Top of Page

fredzepplin
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 27 January 2001 :  21:07:59  Show Profile
Problem with Preferences.

I installed exactly as listed in the readme.

Everything loaded okay, and loos okay on the site, however when I click on preferences I get.

Enable/Disable Private Messages

Simple Forum private messages are currently turned error '80020009'
Exception occurred.

/forum/pm_options.asp, line 105

Any ideas on what I may have done wrong?

I'm also assuming that since I can't set the preferences that this is why when I try a test message it gives me an Invalid Password or Username screen that pops up.

I'm using 3.1 sr2 final, and have a few mods like hide e-mail, etc, but nothing else that I can see that would affect the code to cause this error.

Thanks in advance;

JT

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 28 January 2001 :  23:31:34  Show Profile
line 106 of pm_options.asp is requesting a field from the MEMBERS database. Did you run the database setup that came with this MOD? Did it run ok? Were there errors?

Also, like it says in the topic of this thread:

quote:

To use this with versions prior to v3.1 SR4 you will need to edit some files

Edited by - Richard Kinser on 28 January 2001 23:32:07
Go to Top of Page

fredzepplin
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2001 :  00:52:06  Show Profile
I had no errors when I ran the databse update in default.

I had changed my config.asp to reflect the Connectstring before the update.

strConnString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("/fpdb/snitz_forums_2000.mdb") '## MS Access 2000 using virtual path

I also included:

<!--#include file="privatemess.asp"-->

in the area of my default.asp the same as is stated in a previous thread.

Everything looks fine, just doesn't work fine. Not sure if my private e-mail mod is causing a conflict.

I will also read over your previous posts about SR2 changes and let you know if anything came out differently.

Thank you;

JT

Go to Top of Page

fredzepplin
Starting Member

18 Posts

Posted - 29 January 2001 :  01:36:49  Show Profile
I've looked over my set up again and still can't see where there would be any problem.

What other changes would have been required that were not listed in the readme.txt that came with the download.

I noticed that it said that some files would need to be edited, but I don't see any reference to them for SR2. I just changed exactly what was listed in the readme.

What other chages are needed to get it to work with SR2?

It would bother me to upgrade to SR4 if I hadn't used the mods that I'm prsently using.

I will look at setting up another forum at a later date, but just not at this time, as I don't have the time to re-mod everything that I presently have running.

Any help in what other files that need to be changed other then what is listed in the readme would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you;

JT

Edited by - fredzepplin on 29 January 2001 11:28:20
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07