Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Snitz Forums 2000 MOD-Group
 MOD Add-On Forum (W/Code)
 MOD: Private Messages (another re-release w/fixes)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Belrich
Starting Member

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 18 June 2001 :  17:51:01  Show Profile  Send Belrich an AOL message  Send Belrich an ICQ Message
Richard~~

I have just finished setting up the forums, which I love, after a slight struggle with the email portion, that I finally, took care of, I am now stumped.

During original setup of the Private Messages MOD, i ran the mod_dbsetup.asp, and the browser/system hung, so i deleted the newly created table, as well as the 2 columns that were added to the forum_users table M_PMEMAIL & M_PMRECEIVE.

I re-ran the mod_dbsetup.asp script, and everything setup fine. I made the changes to the default.asp, and tested the configuration. Here's the problem, I can access the inbox, without a problem. I can send and receive PM's, no problem. However, when I click on, "Memberlist" (Next to the 'Send To' box) a pop-up which i assume is supposed to be my member listing, pops up, and displays the following:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ADODB.Recordset error
'800a0cb3'

Object or provider is not capable
of performing requested operation.

/forum/pm_pop_members.asp,
line 205

Any direction on this, would be most appreciated.

Belrich

Go to Top of Page

RobX
Starting Member

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2001 :  04:04:50  Show Profile
Hello Richard,

I would really appreciate if you could tell me somehow a way to correct a couple problems I have with the private message mod.

1) I would like to know how I can have an icon in every posted message and in the profile of a user to be able to "private message" this user.

2) It all works fine except I can not see the messages in my OUTBOX and yes I checked it as a preference. I don't know what could be wrong.

Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it.

Rob
Go to Top of Page

sajrus
Starting Member

8 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2001 :  21:22:16  Show Profile
I cant get it to work:
(This is a translation from swedish)
Errortype:
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E10)
You have not picked a value for one or more important parameters.
/privatemess.asp, line 50

This is line:
50: Set rsPM = my_Conn.Execute(strSql)
51: pmcount = rsPM("pmcount")

Please help me, i dont knoe if i have the latest version please give me a link...

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 19 June 2001 :  21:26:44  Show Profile
Did you run the database setup? Did it run with no errors?
Go to Top of Page

blackvault
Starting Member

6 Posts

Posted - 21 June 2001 :  14:46:31  Show Profile
I have this MOD installed, and it works perfectly. However, when you click on preferences, you get this error:

"The Black Vault Message Forums private messages are currently turned error '80020009'
Exception occurred.

/messageboards/pm_options.asp, line 105 "

What's that mean?

John

Go to Top of Page

Manson385
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 30 June 2001 :  12:21:01  Show Profile
Hey guys i got a terrible error using this script.

The script works but when a user try to regiser himself to my forum, while he is writing his details, he magically get redericted to a page to send private message!!??!!???

What's this bug??

Go to Top of Page

Taos
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 03 July 2001 :  21:36:06  Show Profile
quote:

Richard~~

I have just finished setting up the forums, which I love, after a slight struggle with the email portion, that I finally, took care of, I am now stumped.

During original setup of the Private Messages MOD, i ran the mod_dbsetup.asp, and the browser/system hung, so i deleted the newly created table, as well as the 2 columns that were added to the forum_users table M_PMEMAIL & M_PMRECEIVE.

I re-ran the mod_dbsetup.asp script, and everything setup fine. I made the changes to the default.asp, and tested the configuration. Here's the problem, I can access the inbox, without a problem. I can send and receive PM's, no problem. However, when I click on, "Memberlist" (Next to the 'Send To' box) a pop-up which i assume is supposed to be my member listing, pops up, and displays the following:

ADODB.Recordset error
'800a0cb3'

Object or provider is not capable
of performing requested operation.

/forum/pm_pop_members.asp,
line 205

Any direction on this, would be most appreciated.

Belrich

Richard, would you happen to have any insight on this little problem.
I am haveing this little dillema as well and not able to use the member list because of it.
Could it be a problem with mysql?
And would you be able to reccomend a way around this or would I be best to just remove the link to member list?

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 03 July 2001 :  21:42:09  Show Profile
Basically the paging would need to be rewritten to conform with the way MySQL handles it.

I didn't write the files in this MOD, it was originally done by slemieux, I have just been updating it as the cookie structure has changed and have tried to work out some bugs here and there.

The paging that is in members.asp for example could probably be adapted to work here.
Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 03 July 2001 :  22:03:46  Show Profile
Taos,

try the pm_pop_members.asp file in this .zip file:

http://www16.brinkster.com/richardk/files/pm_pop_members.zip

See if it works ok for you. I don't have mySQL here where I am right now so I can't test it.

It also uses the same pagesize as the forum instead of a hardcoded 30 per page.
Go to Top of Page

Taos
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2001 :  11:48:11  Show Profile
Thank you Richard, it worked like a charm,
Would you possibly be able to do similar with PM_Members.asp, it appears to be the same confliction, and despite my attempts to debug it te best I could do is a blank page instead of the error.

Go to Top of Page

RichardKinser
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
16655 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2001 :  12:28:38  Show Profile
here is pm_members.asp:

http://www16.brinkster.com/richardk/files/pm_members.zip
Go to Top of Page

denny
Starting Member

15 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2001 :  14:50:19  Show Profile
Hey Richard

I just downloaded your mod!

I have to say this was the smoothest MOD installation I've ever done and it worked great the first time

Keep up the killer work

denny

Go to Top of Page

Taos
Starting Member

16 Posts

Posted - 04 July 2001 :  14:54:18  Show Profile
Well Thank ya Richard, tis workin perfectly

Go to Top of Page

Laocoon
Starting Member

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 14 July 2001 :  23:40:54  Show Profile  Visit Laocoon's Homepage
I have uploaded all the files to my forum directory and try to run the the database setup file and receive the following:

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_PM( M_ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , M_SUBJECT varchar (50) NULL , M_FROM int NULL , M_TO int NULL , M_SENT varchar (50) NULL , M_MESSAGE text NULL , M_PMCOUNT varchar (50) NULL , M_READ int NULL DEFAULT 0, M_MAIL varchar (50) NULL , M_OUTBOX byte NULL DEFAULT 1)
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Column or parameter #10: Cannot find data type byte.

Any Ideas how to fix this?

Go to Top of Page

joswell
Starting Member

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 15 July 2001 :  08:52:56  Show Profile  Visit joswell's Homepage
quote:

I have uploaded all the files to my forum directory and try to run the the database setup file and receive the following:

Creating table(s)...
CREATE TABLE FORUM_PM( M_ID int IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL , M_SUBJECT varchar (50) NULL , M_FROM int NULL , M_TO int NULL , M_SENT varchar (50) NULL , M_MESSAGE text NULL , M_PMCOUNT varchar (50) NULL , M_READ int NULL DEFAULT 0, M_MAIL varchar (50) NULL , M_OUTBOX byte NULL DEFAULT 1)
-2147217900 | [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Column or parameter #10: Cannot find data type byte.

Any Ideas how to fix this?

Try changing byte to bit in the dbs file. This worked for me.
Hope this helps.

Jim

Edited by - joswell on 15 July 2001 09:41:59
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07