New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Web_Geek
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2003 :  19:28:05  Show Profile
Hello,

I want there to be upto 35 "poll answers" I edited the admin_poll.asp file and added the extra select options all the way to 35.

When I clicked the "post new poll" icon, it showed 35 text fields for "answer" options. Great! However, once I fill out the answers, and hit submit, I get an error:

"The INSERT INTO statement contains the following unknown field name: 'ANSWER16'. Make sure you have typed the name correctly, and try the operation again.
/forum/post_info.asp, line 997"

Line 997 is the my_conn.execute line, which makes sence. What doesnt make sense to me is why it is erroring out on the 16th one. I assume that somewhere else in the Mod the answers are limited to 15, i just cant find where.

Web_Geek
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2003 :  19:57:00  Show Profile
im a big dumb animal...

It would prolly help to add those fields into the DB, and if that somehow slipped my mind, which it did, the freggin error message basiclly told me exactly that! Too little sleep and too much coffee
Go to Top of Page

Web_Geek
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2003 :  20:12:08  Show Profile
btw - another note for anyone else trying to do this: You have to edit topic.asp everywhere within the poll mod code it says 15, change it to whatever the number should be, in my case, 35. I had to do this atleast in a dozen different places.
Go to Top of Page

Web_Geek
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2003 :  16:28:39  Show Profile
ok.. i cant get the edit poll to work now
Go to Top of Page

Davio
Development Team Member

Jamaica
12217 Posts

Posted - 17 January 2003 :  00:18:43  Show Profile
What's wrong?

Support Snitz Forums
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07