Help: MOD Implementation
 Site Integration MOD Help (added a Q)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mykel_suthertun

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 14 January 2003 :  19:55:56  Show Profile  Visit mykel_suthertun's Homepage
I recently put D3mon's site integration MOD on my site and it works great. However, I would like to do a few things I'm not sure of how to do.
first: I want to create a table in inc_site_left.asp that includes the login/logout portion of inc_header.asp and make it look just like the other tables I have on my forum.
second:i would like to take the "Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ" links and put them in a table in inc_site_header.asp.
third (but least important): i would like to take the statistics and put them in a table underneath the newly created login/logout table in inc_site_left.asp
If it's not too much work, could someone talk me through this? Keep in mind, I'm new to ASP but I've been working with HTML for a while. Thanks a lot, and I really appreciate all the help I've been getting!

Mike Southerton
Webmaster | Don'tSayDie.com | DriveThe.com

Edited by - mykel_suthertun on 16 January 2003 19:35:49

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2003 :  05:45:53  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
Have a look at this:

http://www.buildyourown.org.uk/snitz/mods/inc_site_left.txt

Contains the basic code to move the text links. Cut and paste that into your inc_site_header.asp file and play around with it a little..

Snitz 'Speedball' : Site Integration Mod : Friendly Registration Mod
"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"
Go to Top of Page

mykel_suthertun

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 15 January 2003 :  17:26:32  Show Profile  Visit mykel_suthertun's Homepage
Thanks D3mon! I'm workin' on it now...

Mike Southerton
Go to Top of Page

mykel_suthertun

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 16 January 2003 :  17:03:32  Show Profile  Visit mykel_suthertun's Homepage
I've got my login/logout and navigation links where I want them, but now I want to remove those from inc_header.asp. When I went in to look at the code, I'm not sure where I can start and where I can stop. Help? Thanks again,

Mike Southerton
Go to Top of Page

D3mon

United Kingdom
1685 Posts

Posted - 17 January 2003 :  04:34:38  Show Profile  Visit D3mon's Homepage
I've not got a test version at the moment, but if you change this line in inc_header.asp:
call sForumNavigation()

to:
'call sForumNavigation()

That will remove the links. Looking at the code, I think line 282:
"<table align=""center"" border=""0"" cellPadding=""0"" cellSpacing=""0"" width=""100%"">" & vbNewLine & _

is the start of the table that holds the title and login information.

Snitz 'Speedball' : Site Integration Mod : Friendly Registration Mod
"In war, the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won"

Edited by - D3mon on 17 January 2003 04:36:05
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07