Events Calender trouble together with poll mod
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  21:51:48  Show Profile
I have had a lot of hard hours trying to integrate the events mod with the poll mod. Last problem is that the events calender donīt show up inside the topic event, but work fine at all other places. I must have mixed something together with the poll-mod I think, becaurse those mods seems to fight about the same spot inside the post.asp and post_info.asp.

I did read this topic the problems seems simular, but I have the forum.asp correct where red1 found the error.

I hope somebody could help me in this, here are my files (txt)

Just a stressed guy
Morten

sentinel

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  21:55:38  Show Profile  Visit sentinel's Homepage
please see this topic, http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40138 as its already done for ya

Sentinel
Go to Top of Page

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  22:06:51  Show Profile
Hi Sentinel!

Its excactly that modded forum Iīm talking about, just wanted to integrate the calender also, its not included in the 3 mod forum.

Morten
Go to Top of Page

sentinel

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  22:22:37  Show Profile  Visit sentinel's Homepage
First download the snitz zip file and unpack it to your forum folder then u need to download both files he has linked on the post.

www.alwaysjaci.123hostnow.com/3_Mod_Files.zip and www.alwaysjaci.123hostnow.com/Modified_Polls.zip

then read the 'directions.txt' file in the 3_mod_files.zip to set that up over your new snitz u just unzipped.

then inside the Modified_Polls.zip 'directions.txt' file to see how to add on the polls mod.
u only need to modify the config.asp file to suit your database location and type.
then copy the files over how it tells you to do so, and your done.

if you follow the guidlines he has done, and install them in the correct order it does work.
He did a good job with it all. Very nice.

Sentinel
Go to Top of Page

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  22:36:03  Show Profile
hehe... yes I know, but you donīt really get my point. I want to add the calender as extra - and thats not included. But thanks anyway, and I agree Red1, Davio and more did a good job.

Morten
Go to Top of Page

sentinel

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  23:08:31  Show Profile  Visit sentinel's Homepage
ooops, sorry m8, its getting very later here..... 4am.
lol

OK, download red1 mod and install it.
When you get to the post.asp file then you hit a problem as the 2 codes there are already on the one you have make it a bugger to add in the new code.
take a look at http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=40201 to see the help i got from red1 himself. That code he posted help me sort it all out.
Hope thats of use to u m8

Sentinel
Go to Top of Page

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  07:57:09  Show Profile
Thanks again Sentinel

I tryed out the solution in your post but it didnīt help. I have also checked my DB and its stored correct, only problem is that the calender isenīs displayed in the messages - everything else work fine.

Could somebody that have installed the poll and event mods display their post.asp, post_info.asp and topic.asp so I can take a sneek peek into their files ?

Morten
Go to Top of Page

Morten

Denmark
251 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  16:47:05  Show Profile
Found a solution here:

http://forum.snitz.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=35773&whichpage=10
Go to Top of Page

sentinel

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  17:01:32  Show Profile  Visit sentinel's Homepage
np m8, glad u found out how to do it m8.

Sentinel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07