Events Calendar for snitz ver. 3.4.03
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jmarkling
Starting Member

Denmark
34 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  20:00:46  Show Profile  Visit jmarkling's Homepage  Send jmarkling an ICQ Message
After searching a bit I found what I needed, a events calendar which look like this http://www.calvsa.net/snitz/default.asp, I got I all downloaded and uploaded to my server... But now here comes the problem, this version is proberly not working to good with S ver. 3.4.03...?

Is there a newer version I could a hold on before I go to the trouble of making any changes...?

Btw, Im using MsSql and Snitz-forum version 3.4.03 with a couple of mods allready...

The Readme file, for the Mod:
Title: Snitz Events Calendar
Version: 2 service release 1
Download: http://www.calvsa.net/snitz/
Demo: http://www.calvsa.net/snitz
Installation: read the included events_readme.txt file for installation instructions.
Description: Integrated Events Calendar for Snitz Forums
Author: Alan Le aka Aznknight
Based on ASP Calendar by Kamath (www.kamath.com)
private events added by Huwr
Support: Please post questions and problems with this MOD in the Help: MOD Implementation Forum.

Features:
small calendar
month view calendar
week view
private events
support forum dates
posting options
access, sql server compatibility
upcoming and recent events display

Changes:
Cleaned up code
fix event_details display bug
fix request cookie bug
layout changes to week view
layout changes to upcoming events
layout changes to recent past events
separated styles page.
events calendar can display as own category in forum default page.

All files included in this zip file are to be uploaded to your main forum directory.

1) use mod_dbsetup.asp to set up table. Just run mod_dbsetup and select Snitz Events Calendar v2 sr1

2) Next you will need to add a link to the events page on the top menu so users can access the events page.
<a href="events.asp"><acronym title="Events Calendar...">Events</acronym></a>

I added mines between the "active topics" and "members" links like this:

<a href="active.asp"><acronym title="See what topics have been active since your last visit...">Active Topics</acronym></a>
|
<a href="events.asp"><acronym title="Events Calendar...">Events</acronym></a>
|
<a href="members.asp"><acronym title="Current members of these forums...">Members</acronym></a>
|
<a href="search.asp"><acronym title="Perform a search by keyword, date, and/or name...">Search</acronym></a>
|
<a href="faq.asp"><acronym title="Answers to Frequently Asked Questions...">FAQ</acronym></a>

3) If you want to display the events calendar on your forum default page,
add this to default.asp, to line 121.

<!--#include file="events_inc.asp"-->

Here's what mine's look like:

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="4">
<!--#include file="events_inc.asp"-->
<tr>
<td align="center" bgcolor="<% =strHeadCellColor %>" nowrap valign="top"><b> </td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="<% =strHeadCellColor %>" nowrap valign="top"><b><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>" color="<% =strHeadFontColor %>">Forum</font></b></td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="<% =strHeadCellColor %>" nowrap valign="top"><b><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>" color="<% =strHeadFontColor %>">Topics</font></b></td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="<% =strHeadCellColor %>" nowrap valign="top"><b><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>" color="<% =strHeadFontColor %>">Posts</font></b></td>
<td align="center" bgcolor="<% =strHeadCellColor %>" nowrap valign="top"><b><font face="<% =strDefaultFontFace %>" size="<% =strDefaultFontSize %>" color="<% =strHeadFontColor %>">Last Post</font></b></td>

4) To Change the number of events that is displayed in the events_inc, change this variable to what you want.

intDisplay = 5 'The number of events to display in upcoming events and recent events of events_inc.asp

the default is 5 as you can see.

5) To Change the number of events that is displayed in the main events page, change this variable to what you want.

intDisplay = 15 'The number of events to display in upcoming events and recent events of events.asp

the default is 15 as you can see.

6) If you're using my calendar mod with the active users mod.
Add the code below in the who's online part of inc_top.asp,
so that the active users.asp page picks up that your visitors that are looking at the calendar and events.

ElseIf lcase(Right(strOnlinePathInfo, 10)) = "events.asp" Then
strOnlineLocation = "<a href=""events.asp"">Events Calendar</a>"

7) To change the colors, backgrounds and mouseover effects, do the changes to event_styles.asp accordingly.

8) To set who can add events edit this part found on top of events.asp

' sets who is allowed to add events
dim intAllowed
intAllowed = 1 'Any members
'intAllowed = 3 'Only Moderators and Admin
'intAllowed = 4 'Admins Only

The default is for any members to add event. To change it to moderators and admin only then comment out
'intAllowed = 1 'Any members
and uncomment the line below it.
intAllowed = 3 'Only Moderators and Admin

7) You're all set. Enjoy.
****************************************************'

Regards Jmarkling

www.pw3.dk

Edited by - jmarkling on 07 January 2003 20:01:55

laser
Advanced Member

Australia
3859 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  20:21:44  Show Profile
Try red1's .... works very nicely in 3.4
Go to Top of Page

jmarkling
Starting Member

Denmark
34 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  20:29:52  Show Profile  Visit jmarkling's Homepage  Send jmarkling an ICQ Message
Well I see his topic is like 10 pages long... Looks dangerous...

JEM
Go to Top of Page

jmarkling
Starting Member

Denmark
34 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  23:32:07  Show Profile  Visit jmarkling's Homepage  Send jmarkling an ICQ Message
Well it looks like Red1s version works perfectly with my forum, and the readme file for this Mod was extremly well-written... Good Job Red1...

www.pw3.dk/forum
Go to Top of Page

sentinel

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  23:41:34  Show Profile  Visit sentinel's Homepage
the best.....
And to top that Red1 is very helpfull with answering your questions. Good man.

Sentinel
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07