Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2003 :  16:51:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by PeeWee.Inc

Just use strforumURL

Good idea! It worked perfectly. Many thanks for the assistance.
Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 02 March 2003 :  17:03:00  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
Any time

Is that it or in need of any help?

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

SagaService

108 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2003 :  16:27:51  Show Profile

Hi HomeAcademy.

As you can see in the forum I had some of the same problems as yours. I've solved most of them now, but there is at least one left: how can I use the "news page" in a frame site WITHOUT the forum header part and the footer part? I want a clean page that fits into a frame...

Did you find out how to do that?

Per Lund - Norway
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 03 March 2003 :  20:52:53  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by SagaService

Hi HomeAcademy.

As you can see in the forum I had some of the same problems as yours. I've solved most of them now, but there is at least one left: how can I use the "news page" in a frame site WITHOUT the forum header part and the footer part? I want a clean page that fits into a frame...

Did you find out how to do that?

Per Lund - Norway

I HAVE NOT tested this, and as I do not use the "news page" I have no way of telling if this will work, but I suspect...
on line 80 of news.asp, find the include statment which includes inc_header.asp. Change it to include inc_header_short.asp INSTEAD of inc_header.asp. inc_header_short is the stripped-down version of inc_header used in the snitz pop-up windows. I do not know if it includes all the necessary code for this mod, but it is worth a try. I did not see where inc_footer.asp is included, but if it included somewhere and I missed it change it's include statement to include inc_footer_short.asp. Hope this helps. Let me know if it works.
Go to Top of Page

SagaService

108 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2003 :  02:31:27  Show Profile

Hi.

Thanx for a good tip. It worked..! I changed the included file statement in news.asp and frontpage_news.asp (my "news link" in the frame page) from inc_header.asp to inc_header_short.asp.

But I still have a problem, when the user (reader) is NOT logged in to the forum he/she can NOT read the frontpage news... Could you think of any way around that..?

Per Lund - Norway
Go to Top of Page

homeacademy

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2003 :  08:30:09  Show Profile
quote:

Hi.

Thanx for a good tip. It worked..! I changed the included file statement in news.asp and frontpage_news.asp (my "news link" in the frame page) from inc_header.asp to inc_header_short.asp.

But I still have a problem, when the user (reader) is NOT logged in to the forum he/she can NOT read the frontpage news... Could you think of any way around that..?

Per Lund - Norway

Looking at your content display sub call from another post:

DisplayContent 1, 3, 2, 1, 0, 10, 200, 0, 0, 0, 3, 1, "Siste nytt frå VTI Fotball", 450

it appears you have chosen NOT to show topics in private forums. If the forum you are getting news from is private, the news page would not show the topics from that forum, whether your users are logged in or not. However, when you log in as Admin, it shows all topics regardless of the setting in your sub call. Have you tried to log in as a user, and then look at the news page? Do you have the latest version of this mod installed? Is your news forum private? If not, I'll have to think some more. I'll let you know if I come up with anything else.
Go to Top of Page

SagaService

108 Posts

Posted - 04 March 2003 :  14:11:56  Show Profile
Hi.

Thanx for your excellent help... It works the way I want it now, except showing news on the frontpage for everyone (not logged in to the forum). I have the latest version (3.4.08), the forum is NOT Private (but Locked because of restrictions on users that can write news). So what I want is really showing the news without logging into the forum...

This is my substring at the moment:

DisplayContent 1, 28, 2, 11, 6, 10, 400, 0, 0, 1, 1, 0, "Nyhende frå VTI Fotball", "95%", "news.asp"

Per Lund - Norway - still happy with Snitz

quote:
Originally posted by homeacademy

quote:

Hi.

Per Lund - Norway

Looking at your content display sub call from another post:

DisplayContent 1, 3, 2, 1, 0, 10, 200, 0, 0, 0, 3, 1, "Siste nytt frå VTI Fotball", 450

it appears you have chosen NOT to show topics in private forums. If the forum you are getting news from is private, the news page would not show the topics from that forum, whether your users are logged in or not. However, when you log in as Admin, it shows all topics regardless of the setting in your sub call. Have you tried to log in as a user, and then look at the news page? Do you have the latest version of this mod installed? Is your news forum private? If not, I'll have to think some more. I'll let you know if I come up with anything else.

Go to Top of Page

funinbc

245 Posts

Posted - 13 March 2003 :  00:14:39  Show Profile
quote:

GETIMAGE.ASP and GETPHOTO.ASP

Place getimage.asp and getphoto.asp in the root of your website. They do not go in the forum.
The root is one level above the forum. So where you place those 2 files you will see your
forum folder. These files protect your avatar and photo images from being easily linked to(
leeched) to save your bandwidth.

I put the two files in my root directory but I am not sure what to do next. Do I have to edit the files?
Go to Top of Page

Bookie
Average Member

USA
856 Posts

Posted - 17 March 2003 :  10:27:19  Show Profile  Visit Bookie's Homepage  Send Bookie an AOL message  Send Bookie a Yahoo! Message
In content.asp right after "Select Case Ornament", the first table tag needs to be changed. I'd give you line numbers but I've added stuff to the code. Here's what it should be...

Response.Write	"<table width=""" & TableWidth & """ border=""0"" cellspacing=""0"" cellpadding=""0"" align=""center"" bgcolor=""" & strTableBorderColor & """>" & vbNewLine & _

The border color was the same as the background for the header which makes it look different than the entire forum. If you change it to this, it should be the same as the forum.

Participate in my nonsense
Go to Top of Page

ardsfc
Starting Member

29 Posts

Posted - 18 March 2003 :  09:27:32  Show Profile
Is there an earlier and safe version of this mod available?
Go to Top of Page

mesaverde
Starting Member

7 Posts

Posted - 09 April 2003 :  18:15:22  Show Profile
It seems like this No value given for one or more required parameters. problem is not unusual. I also had this error in news.asp and article.asp after installing homeacademy's suggested fix (shown below) for installing the Contents Mod without the avatar and msgicon mods.

The problem is caused by a database query that is looking for a field that is not present. The offending field is M_PMRECEIVE. It probably is related to private messaging. Since I don't have that mod installed and this field is not in my database, I received the error.

To fix the problem, find the two occurrences of this field in news.asp and article.asp located in the SQL string. In news.asp this is on lines 120 and 335. Delete the entry ", M.M_PMRECEIVE". You will also need to delete line 149, "Member_PM = rsTopic("M_PMRECEIVE")".

Follow the same procedure in article.asp.

Finally, if you do not have the msgicon mod installed but have used the homeacademy's excellent shortcut, you may want to add this function to the end of inc_iconfiles.asp.

function getCurrentMsgIcon(mIcon)
	getCurrentMsgIcon = ""
end function

It will prevent errors if this function is called.

quote:
Originally posted by homeacademy

I finally got this mod working, by running the database upgrade files for both the msgicon mod and the avatar mod. Many thanks to kingfenix for the help in getting this working!

quote:
Originally posted by famdylan

I ran into something similar to homeacademy except in article.asp instead of content.asp:

Error Type:
Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80040E10)
No value given for one or more required parameters.
/forum/article.asp, line 141

here is the offending line

rsTopic.open strSql, strConnString, 3, adLockReadOnly, adCmdText

anybody know what it is missing?

For you and others that are having the same problem as I was, I have zipped up the 2 database upgrades from the msgicon and avatar mods. They can be downloaded by clicking here. Note that the msgicon dbs file is run from Admin Options -> Mod Setup, while the code in the avatar database setup .asp file must be copied in to Admin Options -> Alternative Mod Setup. Also note that it is unnessary to run these files if you already have the msgicon and avatar mods installed. These files just allow this mod to work without msgicons and avatars. Let me know if this helps.

Go to Top of Page

Chris Yew

134 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2003 :  11:56:10  Show Profile
HI,
May I know if I will to use this mod on Snitz 3.4.3, will it display those topics from the Private Forum (hidden forum which allowed members list only) as well? I would like to implement this on my portal site but I don't wish the Recent Topics to show those in the Private Forum.

Any idea? Thank you.

Chris Yew
Go to Top of Page

MarkJH

United Kingdom
1722 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2003 :  13:54:16  Show Profile  Visit MarkJH's Homepage
It only shows topics from hidden forums if you are logged in as somebody who has access to those forums. If you do not have access or are a guest, it won't show those topics.

Bandlink.net - http://www.bandlink.net/
Bandlink Music Forums - http://www.bandlink.net/forum/
Go to Top of Page

Chris Yew

134 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2003 :  22:41:14  Show Profile
Thanks and that's great! I'll give it a try.

quote:
Originally posted by MarkJH

It only shows topics from hidden forums if you are logged in as somebody who has access to those forums. If you do not have access or are a guest, it won't show those topics.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07