Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

gareth_moore_2000

United Kingdom
262 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  18:22:19  Show Profile
I have downloaded the following MOD: http://80.242.225.218:81/getfile.asp?thisID=3

I have changed the files, so that the include pages are current (ie Inc_top.asp changed to inc_header.asp)
But now I ma faced with this problem....

Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0411'

Name redefined

/forum/ComplaintManager.asp, line 55

dim MemberID
----^

When I view complaitmanger.asp

Please can someone help me ?

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  18:32:28  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
how did you think a mod designed for Snitz 3.3 was going to work on Snitz 3.4? by simply changing the header files?

you cannot expect a mod to work by changing the filenames...

cHosting.nl
Go to Top of Page

gareth_moore_2000

United Kingdom
262 Posts

Posted - 07 January 2003 :  19:10:41  Show Profile
I didn't think that at all !! I never said that I did !
I was just simply explaining that I had done that part before someone suggested that it needed doing !!!

However I am guessing only a few very simple changes need doing ?!
I got the MOD and idea from your wonderful site- so I was hoping you could help me out ?!
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  09:12:16  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
you could try placing a comment in front of that line 55...
'dim MemberID

but maybe you will receive another error after that...

cHosting.nl
Go to Top of Page

gareth_moore_2000

United Kingdom
262 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  14:26:27  Show Profile
Is there anyone else who is willing to give me some constructive help ?
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  14:34:00  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by crash

you could try placing a comment in front of that line 55...
'dim MemberID

but maybe you will receive another error after that...

Did you try this?

Jan
===========
FR Portal Forums | Active Users 4.0.20 Mod
Go to Top of Page

gareth_moore_2000

United Kingdom
262 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  14:42:40  Show Profile
Yes, I have done this and now the page complaintmManger.asp loads up but only shows the header.asp part of the page- the rest of the page is blank with no error message or anything !
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  14:48:30  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Ok. Have you added a complaint on a message? If not, it doesn't show anything, not even that there isn't any complaints, IIRC.

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

gareth_moore_2000

United Kingdom
262 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  15:13:09  Show Profile
well, I have not added the code to topic.asp page yet because that too I ned to firgure it out to add to snitz 3.4.

As for the complaintmanager.asp page- it shows the part that is header.asp but it does not even show the part of the page footer.asp
So If it does not even have any complaints, I am guessing that the page still shows a header and a footer ?

I full- I want to know if anyone (who is willing to give constructive help instead of snotty comments) has converted this MOD to work with snitz 3.4 ?
Thanks for the help masterao (its much appreciated) !
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  16:08:46  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
Crash was just trying to help, as is evident by his suggestion of commenting out Dim MemberID.

I downloaded the zip from the url you provided, and by looking at complaintmanager.asp, there is no footer written in it. Add WriteFooter above the last %> in the page.

Then you should add the relevant code into topic.asp (search for getCurrentIcon(strIconGoUp for both replies and topics in topic.asp). After that, report a message so that you can test out if there are any more errors or not in complaintmanager.asp.

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

gareth_moore_2000

United Kingdom
262 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  17:55:40  Show Profile
If Crash wanted to help me, he could do in a positive way since he himself has modified the files, but judging by his posts in this thread, I don't think he is all that willing to help me !

Anyway- I added the footer files into complainmanager.asp - and it does show the footer now !

But I ma having problems adding this code into topic.asp (from what it says in the instructions in the downloaded file) !
I keep getting error messages (various ones) and if the page does load, it only loads to the point where the Report link should be and it just cuts off !
This leads me to think that its the actual code that I add into topic.asp- its just not compatable with this version of snitz and it needs to be modified ! -however I dont know where to start with that :-(
Go to Top of Page

Heynow

374 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  18:07:24  Show Profile  Visit Heynow's Homepage  Send Heynow an AOL message  Send Heynow a Yahoo! Message
I have been following along here and have the same problem in topic.asp

Would anyone know how to apply this?
Copy of instructions

Thanks..

Political Forums
:::Stay n Chat
Go to Top of Page

masterao

Sweden
1678 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  18:14:34  Show Profile  Visit masterao's Homepage
I didn't find his posts to be negative, and his two first questions aren't demeaning or so. No matter, lets get into what you must do.

You cannot follow the instructions without modifications. You must convert it to the code used in 3.4.

All referenses to <%= rs("Some_Field")%> must be exchanged to the variables used in 3.4. For example, instead for <% =rs("REPLY_ID")%> you must find the variable assigned to REPLY_ID.

In topic.asp, look for the following:

for iForum = 0 to iReplyCount

Reply_MemberName = arrReplyData(rM_NAME, iForum)
			Reply_MemberReceiveEmail = arrReplyData(rM_RECEIVE_EMAIL, iForum)
			Reply_MemberAIM = arrReplyData(rM_AIM, iForum)

Look for arrReplyData(rREPLY_ID, iForum). There you can see which variable name that is assigned for each field retrieved, in this case Reply_ReplyID.

You need to do that for every case of <% =rs("Some_Field")%>.

That is only for replies. Topics are handled in an earlier db-call, so you need to search for the following lines to find the variables used for the first post:

if rsTopic.EOF then
	recTopicCount = ""
else
	recTopicCount = 1
	Member_Name = rsTopic("M_NAME")
	Member_ReceiveMail = rsTopic("M_RECEIVE_EMAIL")
	Member_AIM = rsTopic("M_AIM")

Jan
===========
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  18:33:00  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
now look here, mate, i helped you, didn't i?

don't you go saying things about me. i don't like that.

i have other things to do as well besides replying to this post. i figure you are smart so you could at least have tried as i said...

apart from that, the files/pages will only show something when a complaint has been made. on top of that, you will need to be moderating that specific forum from which the complaint was made in order to see anything.

you tell us that you receive errors... well, we all are very happy to help out, but you will need to specify those errors else no one is able to help you. saying "it doesn't work" is not enough...

cHosting.nl
Go to Top of Page

gareth_moore_2000

United Kingdom
262 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  18:35:43  Show Profile
This is hopeless !

I understand what you are saying but lets say for instance I give you a page of Japaneese text and asked you to translate it..... could you do it, if I explanied a part of Japaneese grammer to you ?
NO !

This is much the same !
I understand in principal what you are suggesting, but I have 3 screens here- your explanation, the instructions page with the original text and my topic.asp page- MY HEAD IS SPINNING !!!
I am only just getting to grips with .asp and I am not able to convert snitz code from 3.3.XX - 3.4 !
I can see variuables that are written out side of <% =rs("Some_Field")%> what happens to them ?

I know this must sound lazy and that I want someone to do the work for me- its not that at all- its just at this point in time- I cant do it !
I am at the stage of being able to recognise certain code, adjust it slightly, add and delete !
But this is something different, converting text such as this is out of my league at the minute !
Go to Top of Page

crash
Advanced Member

Netherlands
2064 Posts

Posted - 08 January 2003 :  18:44:57  Show Profile  Visit crash's Homepage
as i have already said, i for one am more than willing to help out. but since your site is not viewable it will be very difficult for me to assist you. unless you can describe each problem in detail.

lets try this, shall we? you log on to your site and then? are you able to click the Alert Moderator link from a topic?

cHosting.nl
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07