Snitz Forums 2000
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Community Forums
 Community Discussions (All other subjects)
 Snitz.net hosting services Questions :)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2002 :  10:38:16  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
Ok folks... Snitz.net is getting ready to open up for hosting services for people... and we're wondering what everyone would like to see for services and pricing.

Please be fair with pricing suggestions as we do pay for our servers and apps and services provided. This is a very serious post

Also note that hosting of Snitz Forums 2000 will be fully supported!

Reinsnitz (Mike)

pdrg
Support Moderator

United Kingdom
2897 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2002 :  10:55:41  Show Profile  Send pdrg a Yahoo! Message
A decent backup cycle would be good - a lot of hosts leave you to your own devices there! And some kind of restore SLA would make the hosting more attractive for small business sites.
Go to Top of Page

PeeWee.Inc

United Kingdom
1893 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2002 :  11:07:29  Show Profile  Visit PeeWee.Inc's Homepage
Dunno but i would love to be hosted by snitz.. no matter the cost really. I know ya can get the support needed here

De Priofundus Calmo Ad Te Damine
Go to Top of Page

Gremlin
General Help Moderator

New Zealand
7528 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2002 :  19:01:44  Show Profile  Visit Gremlin's Homepage
Good luck with your venture Mike :)

Edited by - Gremlin on 14 December 2002 19:18:53
Go to Top of Page

Syedur

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 13 December 2002 :  22:35:35  Show Profile  Visit Syedur's Homepage  Send Syedur an AOL message  Send Syedur an ICQ Message  Send Syedur a Yahoo! Message
what all are you guys providing... besides just hosting and the awesome forum?

There is a time in every man’s education when he arrivers at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide.
Go to Top of Page

sy
Average Member

United Kingdom
638 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2002 :  10:55:32  Show Profile  Visit sy's Homepage  Send sy a Yahoo! Message
Good idea ReinSnitz, maybe offer a service where a new user gets a forum installed in their account if they want one?

Good luck with the venture!

The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails

Go to Top of Page

Nikkol
Forum Moderator

USA
6907 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2002 :  11:52:22  Show Profile
The typical things that a paid ASP host provides...POP mail, ASP, free Access DB, mail component, site statistics, adequate space... SSL would be nice too.

Pricing on a yearly basis with discounts for multiple years perhaps.

Online, email AND phone support.

Nikkol ~ Help Us Help You | ReadMe | 3.4.03 fixes | security fixes ~
Go to Top of Page

Roland
Advanced Member

Netherlands
9335 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2002 :  12:31:56  Show Profile
Custom error pages (at least for the 404 error), control panel and access to the server logs. At readyhosting I only get the custom 404 error page, and really miss the control panel and access to the logs (unless they're there but hidden in some way).
Oh, and as for the statistics: make sure you use up-to-date statistics software if you're adding that. Readyhosting uses an old version of something called "LiveStats" that doesn't recognize anything newer than IE5 and NS5, rendering those stats nearly useless.
Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2002 :  17:11:54  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
put asp upload and other asp components, and sql server available

Brad
Oklahoma City Online Entertainment Guide
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

seven

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2002 :  17:30:13  Show Profile  Visit seven's Homepage
- MS SQL Server or MySQL
- Stats that actually work correctly
- Reseller accounts (virtual name servers, control panel for adding, editing resold accounts)
- 1 credit card transaction per month, no matter how many domains I purchase.
- XML Parser
- Forum pre-installed.
- Cheap domain name registration < $20/year

Go to Top of Page

redbrad0
Advanced Member

USA
3725 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2002 :  17:44:47  Show Profile  Visit redbrad0's Homepage  Send redbrad0 an AOL message
yea if you set it up to allow resellers then you could get alot more people out there "selling" your webspace for you.

Brad
Oklahoma City Online Entertainment Guide
Oklahoma Event Tickets
Go to Top of Page

TestMagic

USA
1568 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2002 :  18:17:34  Show Profile  Visit TestMagic's Homepage
This might be a ridiculous request: one password for most functions. Right now, I have one password just to get into support, one for admin functions, one for ftp, one for my catch-all email, etc.

A shopping cart and payment gateway would be good, too (i.e., one that is pre-tested and known to work well).

Snitz rocks! · Search 2
Go to Top of Page

seven

USA
1037 Posts

Posted - 14 December 2002 :  22:10:09  Show Profile  Visit seven's Homepage
As a web designer that wanted to offer hosting as well it was too expensive at first to get started. I always thought the reseller we are with is a good start until we could afford to buy the equipment and net connections.
But now we are so satisfied I can't imagine changing things. Our reseller has actually lowered prices for us over the years.
We currently have 99.999% uptime and not a single complaint from our clients. Plus it eliminates us supporting the equipment and gives us time to focus on the design of the sites and software.
The only thing that would make me switch is if we found a very good host (Snitz.net would be a given based on the support we get here) that offered more automated setup and billing and more control of our accounts.
If I want to find out the current password for an account I have to email their support (granted I get an answer in 10 minutes) but It still would be nice to have access to this information directly.

quote:
Originally posted by redbrad0

yea if you set it up to allow resellers then you could get alot more people out there "selling" your webspace for you.

Go to Top of Page

David K

494 Posts

Posted - 15 December 2002 :  13:33:14  Show Profile  Send David K an AOL message  Send David K an ICQ Message  Send David K a Yahoo! Message
I bet that half the people here would volenteer to be resellers in no time if you'll offer good prices and a good service (which I bet you will)
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2002 :  19:20:58  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
What would you all consider to be a fair amount of disk space at what prices?

Give me some ideas on those :)

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page

Reinsnitz
Snitz Forums Admin

USA
3545 Posts

Posted - 19 December 2002 :  19:21:25  Show Profile  Visit Reinsnitz's Homepage  Send Reinsnitz an AOL message  Send Reinsnitz an ICQ Message  Send Reinsnitz a Yahoo! Message
Reselling would be awesome ;) but I'm not sure how we would set that up at the time... we'll talk it over and see what we can do :)

Reinsnitz (Mike)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07