21 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2003 :  08:14:10  Show Profile
Are you back??
Go to Top of Page

rgrund

Austria
206 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2003 :  10:02:39  Show Profile
Yes, I am back and I will look into your site right now! Will give you a feedback in as second.

Bob

Internet should be OPENSOURCEd!
Go to Top of Page

rgrund

Austria
206 Posts

Posted - 03 June 2003 :  10:12:24  Show Profile
mike89GT,

The sitestat is now setup. Check what I have done. Have you included the <!--include string as mentioned in the readme.txt.

The counters do not increment! call up the sitestat.asp from your site.

I did what I could to set you up. You will need to see now, why the counters does not increment. This normally always works!

Bob

Go to Top of Page

ED195KW
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2003 :  08:45:10  Show Profile
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone here could help me. I have installed the site statistics MOD, however, I keep getting this error:

ADODB.Field error '800a0bcd'

Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record.

/forum/inc_sitestat.asp, line 316

What does this mean? Can someone tell me how to fix it please?

Also, when trying to use the sitestat.txt file, I get an error telling me that the path I have entered is incorrect, when I am sure it is correct. Am I just mistaken? I can't figure it out, so I'm trying to use the db file instead.

Please help me. Thanks in advance.
Go to Top of Page

ED195KW
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2003 :  09:30:52  Show Profile
I figured out the path problem, I used that whereami.asp thing and found the correct path.

SO I tried the txt file instead of the db and now the error doesn't appear. Everything is displayed correctly but now the counter doesn't count. I've logged out and came back as a guest, different member, but the count always stays on zero. Any ideas?

This mod sounds like a really handy thing to have, but I just can't seem to get it working properly. Please help me.
Go to Top of Page

rgrund

Austria
206 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2003 :  13:58:34  Show Profile
Hi ED195KW,
send me the url of your website! I will then register and I ask you then to give me admínstrator rights! I will only check the settings of the sitestat and will try to help yu out.

The counter does not work if you have registered as the admin! It will take about 20 Minutes after you have logged out, so that you (as the logged out adminstrator) will ingrement the counter. This is due to the session cookie! I did not allow the counter to get bigger if you are logged as the admin!

If you want my help, please send me the url to your website!

Best regards,

Bob

Go to Top of Page

ED195KW
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 15 June 2003 :  17:58:02  Show Profile
the url is www.timandleah.com/forum the forum was really only intended to be a tester, so don't laugh...it's only a few days old.
Go to Top of Page

rgrund

Austria
206 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2003 :  02:33:22  Show Profile
Hi ED195KW,

have registered at your site! Could you change rights in my profile to an admin. I can then check the sitestat MOD! Thank you.

Bob

Go to Top of Page

wizard

208 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2003 :  04:01:00  Show Profile  Visit wizard's Homepage
Want to ask, will this affect the performance of the forums given that the data will be recorded with every post?
Go to Top of Page

rgrund

Austria
206 Posts

Posted - 16 June 2003 :  04:36:41  Show Profile
No,
Currently only one record is stored for each day! So it total you will only get 365 records for one year! Now this is not decreasing the performance.

Version 2 will have another option, which will record every hit as one record. Due to this there will be a seperate database where all the data is stored. As some have over 100.000 hits, there will also be an option on how to store the raw data! To keep or not to keep that is the holy question. Version 2 is much more in detail and I am currently writing the script! So this will be an opensource web stat MOD which should give one the option to analyse the traffic better.

If you need any further question, just ask.

Bob

Go to Top of Page

ED195KW
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2003 :  00:15:57  Show Profile
Ok, I've made you an admin. What exactly will you be checking?
Go to Top of Page

rgrund

Austria
206 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2003 :  01:02:53  Show Profile
Hi ED195KW,
I have just checked your site and I changed the storage back to Access and an error comes up. Will look into this. Changed it back to the txt storage option. Do you have read and write properties an only be set in the directory where the sitestat.txt is located? The file can only be modified if the folder has R&W.

Bob

Go to Top of Page

ED195KW
Starting Member

28 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2003 :  02:45:01  Show Profile
The folder does have read and write, I've tried putting the txt file into different folders, but to no avail. I'm stuck. Any more ideas?
Go to Top of Page

rgrund

Austria
206 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2003 :  08:44:16  Show Profile
ED195KW,
Download the following file:
www.gcsk.com/snitz_mod/inc_sitestat.asp.txt

delete the .txt so that the file becomes a asp file again and upload the new updated inc_sitestat to your forum.

Further change the settings in the admin section to databse and not the txt file.

The errors should be gone now with this version. Tell me what the outcome is then.

Bob

Edited by - rgrund on 17 June 2003 08:50:17
Go to Top of Page

Ryan
Average Member

USA
858 Posts

Posted - 17 June 2003 :  16:42:53  Show Profile  Visit Ryan's Homepage
When I click on check site statistics chart from my admin home I get this error:
Microsoft VBScript compilation error '800a0411'

Name redefined

/reducks87/tplforum/admin_sitestat.asp, line 88

Dim i
----^

Any suggestions?
You may view the admin_sitestat.asp at http://www.thepoultrylink.com/snitzviewer.htm

The Poultry Link - "Serving the best of the fancy with the best of the web"
Forum Setup Help
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 © 2000-2021 Snitz™ Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.07